TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Wigan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
2-2, much better this half!!
3:2 even better. I thought we were good first half too but without scoring.
Brilliant 2nd half. I got quite excited!!
We have to ask why couldn't we have played like this 2 months ago?

Answer D.C. didn't know who his best team was!

Once he decided on a more attacking line up with Harness, Jacobs & Curtis all starting we start playing good football, scoring goals & winning matches.

Hirst & O'Brien received a decent suply to score from.

It's Not rocket science is it!
Excellent result and some come back. Good to see the players manage 2 games in a row without being too tired….
Shame I had to miss this game. Looks like it was an absolute cracker!
Borrowed from a Wigan fan........No complaints at all about the result, Pompey were the better team in every department, out thought, out played, out battled, out worked............Couldn't have put it any better. P.U.P.
Really enjoyed tonight's game. A comeback win from 2 goals behind, under floodlights. It doesn't get much better than that! I know this season has had it's disappointments and ultimately will go down as a failure, but games like tonight remind me why I love being a Pompey fan.
Great final home game. Full marks for a terrific 2nd half.. almost makes you wish the season had another month to run.
P5 W4 D1 L0

I couldn't find the Hopeless/Hapless thread but seeing as we apparently judge on a run of 5 or 6 games what adjectives are we using now?
(26-04-2022, 10:30 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]P5 W4 D1 L0

I couldn't find the Hopeless/Hapless thread but seeing as we apparently judge on a run of 5 or 6 games what adjectives are we using now?

Frustrating lol 

They're serving up juicy steak after stuffing us full of bread!

It's a relief that Danny looks like he can put a decent team together eventually. Just a shame it's taken a season to happen.
(26-04-2022, 10:30 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]P5 W4 D1 L0

Overdue, wasted, frustrating
Excellent result, great atmosphere and the fight I like to see.

Good luck Whatmough & Naylor - don't miss either of you.

Reckon there might be 20 goals a season in Hirst somewhere.

Hope we use the early end of season to get our squad sorted - Ever the optimist.
Poor old WightBlue must be devastated this morning - not only did Pompey comprehensively outplay the champions elect, they had enough about them to come from behind and get a deserved win.

Thought Jack played well for them but forgot Naylor was out there for the most part.
(27-04-2022, 09:58 AM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: [ -> ]Poor old WightBlue must be devastated this morning - not only did Pompey comprehensively outplay the champions elect, they had enough about them to come from behind and get a deserved win.

Thought Jack played well for them but forgot Naylor was out there for the most part.

Agree about Naylor, I’d forgotten he was playing until I watched the highlights and saw him celebrating one of their goals.

Great Fratton night game, too bad it has all come a bit too late. It just shows what you can do if you play a settled side and don’t tinker too much.

Looking forward to Sheffield at the weekend, hopefully we can end on a high note. It should be fun anyway, there are some great pubs up there and the beer is very reasonably priced  Smile .
(27-04-2022, 10:55 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-04-2022, 09:58 AM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: [ -> ]Poor old WightBlue must be devastated this morning - not only did Pompey comprehensively outplay the champions elect, they had enough about them to come from behind and get a deserved win.

Agree about Naylor, I’d forgotten he was playing until I watched the highlights and saw him celebrating one of their goals.

Great Fratton night game, too bad it has all come a bit too late. It just shows what you can do if you play a settled side and don’t tinker too much.

Looking forward to Sheffield at the weekend, hopefully we can end on a high note. It should be fun anyway, there are some great pubs up there and the beer is very reasonably priced  Smile .

I'm looking forward to it as it's only just over an hour away, my son is driving so I can enjoy a couple of pints before the game.  Last time I saw Pompey play there Yoshi let a goal in within a couple of minutes of his debut.  Happy days.
Wightblue must be devastated after that result.
Pages: 1 2