TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Eisner and Redman interview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DwTZBxO61M0

Seems they are really pleased with the current works with the North stand, south stand and milton end to get capacity up to 20.000. Says it will be a big improvement when done.

Kept talking about network rail re new North stand, and that it may be built when in prem ffs. Dissapointing. I hope its in the championship and network rail are on board ASAP.

Lots of work being done on the training ground they have said and that will show in the coming months.

Not enough land currently at the training ground to get academy to category 2 status and they didn't seem interested in the academy from how I read them. Very dissapointing.

Seems to me to get.much more than 20k we need network rail on-board. Maybe we could get a bit above that without them maybe 22k or so but for a significant increase we need network rail.

Not overly impressed with the interview, more so dissapointed if anything.
(25-04-2022, 05:52 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]https://youtu.be/DwTZBxO61M0

Seems they are really pleased with the current works with the North stand, south stand and milton end to get capacity up to 20.000. Says it will be a big improvement when done.

Kept talking about network rail re new North stand, and that it may be built when in prem ffs. Dissapointing. I hope its in the championship and network rail are on board ASAP.

Lots of work being done on the training ground they have said and that will show in the coming months.

Not enough land currently at the training ground to get academy to category 2 status and they didn't seem interested in the academy from how I read them. Very dissapointing.

Seems to me to get.much more than 20k we need network rail on-board. Maybe we could get a bit above that without them maybe 22k or so but for a significant increase we need network rail.

Not overly impressed with the interview, more so dissapointed if anything.

I'm hugely unimpressed with them. 20,000 capacity whoopidoo. Well never get to the premier league with these owners because they won't spend the money if we get to the Championship. So we'll be stuck with a redeveloped stadium with limited capacity for the foreseeable. 

Also they realise it's unacceptable to be where we are in the league and we've failed this season, therefore logically Danny Cowley won't be here next season.. ?
Extract from Redman/Eisner interview: Interviewer: 'Are you happy with the job Danny has done so far?' Redman/Eisner: 'We're thrilled'.

Very unimpressed with their attitude to the Academy. No real firm commitment or strategy revealed, Dealt with it almost in passing, as it were.
Get the feeling they've bought the club and happy to park it in League 1.
I don't believe they are happy to keep the club in league one.

We will get out of this league soon.

Once the current works are done and we are doing well selling out 20,000 again, they will increase capacity to 25,000 at least I think.

Supply.and demand etc isn't it. If the team are doing well we will sellout a much higher capacity
Yeah, but they don't seem to want to shell out for Championship wage levels. Happy for us to win games once the playoffs are out of reach.
The way Eisner was looking at Redman ; not sure whether he wanted to kill him, eat him or shag him?
(25-04-2022, 07:31 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, but they don't seem to want to shell out for Championship wage levels. Happy for us to win games once the playoffs are out of reach.

Unless I'm misreading that, you're saying they weren't happy for us to win games when the playoffs WERE in reach. I don't think you can believe that?
They've looked at the champ losses club by club and think it is ridiculous, which it is.
(25-04-2022, 07:40 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-04-2022, 07:31 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, but they don't seem to want to shell out for Championship wage levels. Happy for us to win games once the playoffs are out of reach.

Unless I'm misreading that, you're saying they weren't happy for us to win games when the playoffs WERE in reach. I don't think you can believe that?

Well look at it from their perspective - we're just inching out of the pandemic, maybe we're not as 'out' as we're being led to believe (its hardly been irradicated), the building works are going to go over into the next season, I can't see how those southstand improvements are going to be completed in what, ten weeks? And the Champ wages are way, way out of wack with the income revenue - there's no business sense to the Championship. I guess we could hang around the lower reaches and try to avoid relegation back to L1, but the upper half is so far out of our reach right now.
Tufnell spinning a good assessment I would say.
(25-04-2022, 06:12 PM)Pangus Wrote: [ -> ]Extract from Redman/Eisner interview: Interviewer: 'Are you happy with the job Danny has done so far?' Redman/Eisner: 'We're thrilled'.

Very unimpressed with their attitude to the Academy. No real firm commitment or strategy revealed, Dealt with it almost in passing, as it were.

What do you expect them to say ffs? “Not really he’s a bullsh1tting nob who is completely out of his depth?

Just remember when a manager gets sacked he gets the vote of confidence.
(25-04-2022, 06:46 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Get the feeling they've bought the club and happy to park it in League 1.

Give me 1 reason why they would do that?
(25-04-2022, 08:05 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Tufnell spinning a good assessment I would say.

It makes some sense on a business level, but it's not in any way feasible that deliberately not reaching the play-offs could be briefed down to management, players and staff, because what would they make of that? 

There's no way a policy like that wouldn't reach the press from at least someone along the line. 
(25-04-2022, 08:51 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-04-2022, 08:05 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Tufnell spinning a good assessment I would say.

It makes some sense on a business level, but it's not in any way feasible that deliberately not reaching the play-offs could be briefed down to management, players and staff, because what would they make of that? 

There's no way a policy like that wouldn't reach the press from at least someone along the line. 

It’s all conspiracy theories from people who believed they owned the club.

Next it will be they are going to gift the club to Chainrai.
or a good yarn
Its just a theory. The attitude to the academy doesn't make sense though, with scum and very possibly bournemouth in the prem, the facilities may be beyond us but the possible playing time and speed of advancement isn't. If they are supertight with the cash and the eat-what-we-kill principle, I can't see why they don't view us as an incubator for talent to be sold on.
(25-04-2022, 10:39 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Its just a theory. The attitude to the academy doesn't make sense though, with scum and very possibly bournemouth in the prem, the facilities may be beyond us but the possible playing time and speed of advancement isn't. If they are supertight with the cash and the eat-what-we-kill principle, I can't see why they don't view us as an incubator for talent to be sold on.

The attitude that they want to enhance the academy and produce young players to play in the first team and eventually no doubt sell on? What doesn’t make sense? Isn’t that what you want too?
Let’s face it, there is nothing these blokes could say that would satisfy the discontents.

Nothing short of ‘we are going to spend millions increasing the capacity of FP to 50,000 and building a new bridge to Fratton station and out spend all the other clubs in the division on players’ would appease them. Even then they’d moan that the bogs weren’t fragrant enough.

They are doing what they said they would do.

I’d like a different manager but we won’t get one, so I’ll just get over it.

The summer is coming, be happy  Smile .
Gaffer - YES, I totally agree.

I've said it before, and repeat, Realism and Pragmatism. Certain fans, with a shortened experience of visiting FP, believe that our owners will spend on everything and anything, until the ultimate is achieved and we are winning the Premier League and Champions league year on year !!

Again Gaff - correct - they ARE doing what they told us they would do at the Guildhall. Michael Eisner stressed that if you want an immediate quick fix, or fail to allow them to establish concrete foundations before spending on radical team enhancements, then do not vote for Our (Eisner's ) takeover !

If some had experienced Gregory - and the Deacon era then they would appreciate what is happening now.

My primary concern is THE ACADEMY which must be the way to go for sustained improvement, and we must move to develop that area further.
(26-04-2022, 07:53 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]Let’s face it, there is nothing these blokes could say that would satisfy the discontents.

Nothing short of ‘we are going to spend millions increasing the capacity of FP to 50,000 and building a new bridge to Fratton station and out spend all the other clubs in the division on players’ would appease them. Even then they’d moan that the bogs weren’t fragrant enough.

If they said they were going to do all that those people would moan about that too!
(26-04-2022, 09:07 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-04-2022, 07:53 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]Let’s face it, there is nothing these blokes could say that would satisfy the discontents.

If they said they were going to do all that those people would moan about that too!

Nobody is saying that we want a mega stadium and billions spent on players. That's a red herring argument. 

In my opinion, every penny that has been spent on this club by the Eisners so far has been to a) protect their assets and b) maintain us at the level at which we they bought the club. Comparatively negligible amounts have been spent at preparing for our future or any intention to head for the next level in the future. They have displayed zero ambition as displayed by being quite happy for our team to fail so disgracefully last season and be so underwhelming this year. Our academy is still a joke. As for the future, we still allow players to work out their notices and close season will continue to be scraping the bins for talent. Do you think last season's desperate free agent trial festival represent the actions of an ambitious, progressive club?

Anything that requires any major commitment, the Eisners try to get other organisations like Network Rail or PCC to blame for their lack of action. Im still out about Cowley but I'm tired of our owners and fed up being outperformed year in year out. Just like what we demand of our players, all we want is some forward-looking sign that is club is going places, and we haven't really had that for so long.

But hey you enjoy those wood-effect bar kiosks in the North Stand, whilst we probably wave Forest Green (or another L2 club) through on their way to the Championship.
(26-04-2022, 06:55 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-04-2022, 10:39 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Its just a theory. The attitude to the academy doesn't make sense though, with scum and very possibly bournemouth in the prem, the facilities may be beyond us but the possible playing time and speed of advancement isn't. If they are supertight with the cash and the eat-what-we-kill principle, I can't see why they don't view us as an incubator for talent to be sold on.

The attitude that they want to enhance the academy and produce young players to play in the first team and eventually no doubt sell on? What doesn’t make sense? Isn’t that what you want too?

A Cat 1 Academy gets approx 3 times as much financial support from the Premier League as a Cat 3 and it's interesting to see the figures posted here

Premier League 2019-22 funding for EFL clubs

Is this financial support enough to warrant the expense for a risk / reward to move to a Cat 2 with the limited space at Roko?

Maybe as Portsmouth are surrounded by Cat 1 clubs (and within striking distance of London) who hoover up very young talent within a 90 min radius the new strategy will be to follow the Huddersfield and Brentford model - close the younger age groups and focus on picking up Cat 1 U16's and U18's who are being released at Scholar / Pro stages from the Cat 1's on a free with the possibility of starting up an U23's ?

Maybe Roko has the space to run a U23's as a transition squad (to sell on or move to first team)
(26-04-2022, 10:02 AM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-04-2022, 09:07 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Nobody is saying that we want a mega stadium and billions spent on players. That's a red herring argument. 

In my opinion, every penny that has been spent on this club by the Eisners so far has been to a) protect their assets and b) maintain us at the level at which we they bought the club. Comparatively negligible amounts have been spent at preparing for our future or any intention to head for the next level in the future. They have displayed zero ambition as displayed by being quite happy for our team to fail so disgracefully last season and be so underwhelming this year. Our academy is still a joke. As for the future, we still allow players to work out their notices and close season will continue to be scraping the bins for talent. Do you think last season's desperate free agent trial festival represent the actions of an ambitious, progressive club?

Anything that requires any major commitment, the Eisners try to get other organisations like Network Rail or PCC to blame for their lack of action. Im still out about Cowley but I'm tired of our owners and fed up being outperformed year in year out. Just like what we demand of our players, all we want is some forward-looking sign that is club is going places, and we haven't really had that for so long.

But hey you enjoy those wood-effect bar kiosks in the North Stand, whilst we probably wave Forest Green (or another L2 club) through on their way to the Championship.

They’ve done more than any owner apart from El Tel with regards to the stadium and when did we last own a training ground?

It’s not going to happen overnight and you can spend as much as you want on players but it doesn’t guarantee anything, ask Ipswich and Sunderland.
I didn't realise Iggy Pop was on the board? Big Grin
Pages: 1 2