TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Sheffield Wednesday away
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So who's going to this on saturday?

Should be a good day and or weekend.

Any particular plans? Making a long weekend of it?

Will be driving up leaving about 7am sat for half 12 ko. Will probably come back same day.

We sold 2100 initially, guessing we've soldout the extra 1k we've been given or close to doing so.

Fair play to Wednesday, soldout the home ends so total attendance 33k. Massive club like us with a great history like us, two similar clubs with real working class support. 

Hope they don't win tonight as it would make Saturday more interest for our travelling fans.

Maybe we would be the party poopers but that seldom happens with Pompey. If Wednesday need a win they'll certainly beat us.
Rather Wednesday went up than Sunderland. Always liked them.
I thought we should have gone in for Darren Moore when he was available. Plays exciting footy and has pompey links.

Agreed. The longer Sunderland fans have to suffer in L1 the better.  Big Grin
Agreed. Much better than Sunderland are Wednesday. 

If we play like tonight Saturday then Wednesday will batter us.
We've actually been playing quite well. They've had two chances and scored twice.
Some people saying don't play Hirst Saturday.

He hasn't done anything wrong but he and his family are huge owls fans and he will want them to finish top 6 so won't want to score v them.
(26-04-2022, 07:55 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Some people saying don't play Hirst Saturday.

He hasn't done anything wrong but he and his family are huge owls fans and he will want them to finish top 6 so won't want to score v them.

His family must support a lot of L1 clubs he’s played against this season.
Well, he's just got another one
And another
I'm sure he'd love to play and score in a losing cause!
He deserves & needs to play for Pompey.

Could be quite a game!
(26-04-2022, 07:55 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Some people saying don't play Hirst Saturday.

'Some people' shouldn't be questioning his professionalism and integrity
Nearly 34,000 sold for Saturday. Sellout.

Fair play to both sets of fans.
back to Hirst.
If Wednesday go up and want a new (or extra) number nine, he could do a bit of nudging with a great performance on Saturday! Could easily be available for a season's loan in the champ.
With how Hirst left the club originally I doubt he will ever be welcomed back.
I agree Hammie, unlikely we will keep Hirst. He will go to the Championship.

Welcome Barrieowl, playoffs are near certain for you bar a crazy set of results. Are you confident of winning them? Who would you like in the semis?

You're unlucky to miss out on top 2.

Wednesday should be at a much higher level, great supporters.
(27-04-2022, 08:18 PM)Barrieowl Wrote: [ -> ]With how Hirst left the club originally I doubt he will ever be welcomed back.

shame when that happens, did you want to keep him and he went looking for a move or something?
(27-04-2022, 08:44 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]I agree Hammie, unlikely we will keep Hirst. He will go to the Championship.

Welcome Barrieowl, playoffs are near certain for you bar a crazy set of results. Are you confident of winning them? Who would you like in the semis?

You're unlucky to miss out on top 2.

Wednesday should be at a much higher level, great supporters.

Thank you for the warm welcome. 

The playoffs, to be a cliche, are an absolute lottery, this would be  our 4th time in them and we've made the final every twice, winning one and losing one so you never can predict it.

As it stands we would be playing Sunderland which for me would be the worst draw, Neil has them tighter than a Nuns snatch.
(27-04-2022, 09:50 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-04-2022, 08:18 PM)Barrieowl Wrote: [ -> ]With how Hirst left the club originally I doubt he will ever be welcomed back.

shame when that happens, did you want to keep him and he went looking for a move or something?

It was a money thing pure and simple, one that benefitted his agency and that's it, lad spent a year in Belgian 2nd tier football then has been loaned about.
I think we've sorted him out.
I hope he goes on to to get some stability.

Can't be nice moving about every season
We're 6-1 to win the game with Sky Bet. Given our current form and all the pressure being on Wednesday, that seems crazy.
(30-04-2022, 07:43 AM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]We're 6-1 to win the game with Sky Bet. Given our current form and all the pressure being on Wednesday, that seems crazy.

6-1 indeed Good odds in a 2 horse race. How about the draw? I fancy 2-2.
having seen Pompey in Weds' position. I'd expect pompey to start well and score, then gradually fade as the beach beckons, while Weds get motivated and win in the end.
We are not very good away from home. Worth a punt though at 6-1. Nothing to lose and no pressure.
Who doubted Hirst? Get in
Pages: 1 2