TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Players of the Year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw Sean Raggett getting the News POTY award on Saturday but the normal presentation on the pitch of all the different supporters club awards appears to have been omitted this year. If anyone knows the individual awards at any of the branches could they post it on here. Perhaps the club may have gathered that information and will give us a list or, you never know, the News.

I know it is likely to be Raggett or Bazunu but we do occasionally get a local swing like the year the Isle of Wight went with one of their own.

Personally I would like to see Connor Ogilvie pick up something for his outstanding season.
I wonder if they'll be presented at the end of season awards dinner? Though I'd rather eat my pie and watch it on the pitch than pay £85!
It was certainly an underwhelming presentation. Agreed it will be Baz or Rags for each one but how good has Ogilvie been since he became a regular starter. Possibly DC’s best signing IMO.
Pop me on the Ogilvie fanbus too  Big Grin
Living in Kent, I occasionally watch Gillingham games if I can't get to Pompey's game and I was really pleased when we signed Ogilvie. Would like us to go for Jack Tucker also as he is Gills best young player by far. Fits the profile of the type of player DC wants
(27-04-2022, 04:50 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]Living in Kent, I occasionally watch Gillingham games if I can't get to Pompey's game and I was really pleased when we signed Ogilvie. Would like us to go for Jack Tucker also as he is Gills best young player by far. Fits the profile of the type of player DC wants

looking at the teams that get relegated and those that just miss promotion from below could be a good budget source of some decent players.
Gerald Sithole linked again as he was in Jan. Released by Gills, free agent. Any good Hermann?
(27-05-2022, 05:20 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Gerald Sithole linked again as he was in Jan. Released by Gills, free agent. Any good Hermann?

I haven't seen a lot of him. From what I remember he was quick but another winger whose crossing leaves much to be desired. Think we have enough problems in that department already! He is young though and my mate who is a Gills fan is sad they have released him as he felt he had a lot of promise.
Should we be taking Gills' rejects???
(27-05-2022, 06:27 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Should we be taking Gills' rejects???

we used to take Swindon's a got a few players over the years
Sithole sounds like a reasonable replacement for Curtis to me then. Would unlock some cash for further signings
Who put the h in typhoo
Gerald's a Sithole, he needs a new hooooooome
(27-05-2022, 08:09 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-05-2022, 06:27 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Should we be taking Gills' rejects???

we used to take Swindon's a got a few players over the years

How about Harry McKirdy then? Good goalscoring record & should be able to afford his wages.