TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Stats since the Jan window closed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know how much you all love statistics so I thought I do some (low level) analysis.

Since the January transfer window closed we have won 10, drawn 3 and lost 5 games. 35 point from a possible 54 which works out at 1.944 point per game. If we managed that across the season that's 89.444 points in total. Looking at the last 3 seasons that would be enough for automatic promation in 2/3 and comfortable play offs in the other.

In terms of goal scoring we've also scored 35 goals, scoring 3 or more goals in 9 of those 18 games not just against relegaton fodder either as we've knoced 3 past Oxford, Rotherham and very recently Wigan. We also put 4 past Sunderland earlier but for obvious reasons that isn't included in these stats as I'm only looking at games beyond Jan 31st. Why am I looking at this timeframe? Because each manager would want to build their own team. When he first came in there were plenty of players who clearly didn't want to be here who had been failing for too long (Marquis, Harrison) and some clearly toxic personalities (Brown). He since had 3 transfer windows in which he's cleared almost all of these players out and brought in new ones. What we've seen since the end of January is his team sans Harness, Curtis and Raggett, all of whom have certainly improved.

As frustrating as this season has been this does give evidence that Cowley can build a squad and get them firing. Obviously a lot hinges on which players stay, go and come in but based on a lot of his signings he does have a decent eye with only Walker being the main failure. He deserves his chance at building the squad for next season when it will truly be his team and he can have no excuses.

Play Up Pompey
I guess Carter was the big improvement, O'Brien made a really big impact too. Walker we all know about.
Hopefully we can persuade O'Brien to stay for a year or two.
Carter seems too good for this level really.
So we have a decent squad to build upon if we can keep enough of them now.

Th big question might be whether to cash Harness to give us a kitty to spend.
(27-04-2022, 07:50 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I guess Carter was the big improvement, O'Brien made a really big impact too. Walker we all know about.

Th big question  might be whether to cash Harness to give us a kitty to spend.

Only a comedian would pay a fee for harness who, granted he did better than usual against Wigan, is a very average player. He's the sort of player that does well when others around him are doing well but when the chips are down he does a Ben close on us and is total pants.
For someone who's total pants he has a lot of goals and assists
(28-04-2022, 11:59 AM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-04-2022, 07:50 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I guess Carter was the big improvement, O'Brien made a really big impact too. Walker we all know about.

Th big question  might be whether to cash Harness to give us a kitty to spend.

Only a comedian would pay a fee for harness who, granted he did better than usual against Wigan, is a very average player. He's the sort of player that does well when others around him are doing well but when the chips are down he does a Ben close on us and is total pants.

Good hair though
He's a winger. Very few are consistent at this level.
Forbidden