TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Hume
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He seems to have gone missing - as far as I can see not even on the bench since being an unused sub against Bolton. Is Danny Cowley suffering from buyer's remorse and decided he's not what we need, has Denver been a naughty boy in some way, or is he just injured? Any one know (apart from Cowley and Hume, one assumes)? Spotting a Hume on Sunderland's team-sheet on Tuesday I did briefly wonder if he'd slipped back there unnoticed, but I do realise they have a second Hume.
Injured, back problem apparently
(28-04-2022, 02:04 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Injured, back problem apparently

Ah, thanks.  Hope it's not to serious.
My Sunderland supporting neighbour rates him highly.
he does seem the sort of signing we could build an improving team around. Like Ragget was when we signed him? Or Clark, and several others.
As much as Raggett has improved, I wouldn't class him or Hume in the same exciting "sky's the limit" category as Clarke. You just knew from day 1 he was going places.

Hume & Raggett will be a long bumpy road of improvement. And there's nothing wrong with that.

I would put Carter into the Clarke category. It's just so obvious that he has oodles of ability and just needs a bit of guidance with what to do with it. It would be a miracle if we could hold on to him for next season. I would value him at 1M today, easily.
I am not sure Pompey are the right club to provide that guidance. Look how we have completely fluffed our lines with Ronan and Harness
(29-04-2022, 02:17 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]As much as Raggett has improved, I wouldn't class him or Hume in the same exciting "sky's the limit" category as Clarke. You just knew from day 1 he was going places.

Hume & Raggett will be a long bumpy road of improvement. And there's nothing wrong with that.

I would put Carter into the Clarke category. It's just so obvious that he has oodles of ability and just needs a bit of guidance with what to do with it. It would be a miracle if we could hold on to him for next season. I would value him at 1M today, easily.

I agree about Carter but not Raggett.

You can’t expect all central defenders to ooze class, they just need to be effective and Raggett most definitely is. He also weighs in with a lot of goals and is a very valuable team player.

I’ve never understood why some people don’t see his obvious qualities.

He would be one of the first names on my team sheet any day of the week.
Virtually never gets injured either
Raggett has improved dramatically from when he first arrived here, many (& probably me), were saying he was on of the worst defenders we’ve ever had. The same with Hirst, before his scoring spree the majority thought he was useless, now we’re fawning over him.
This is why I love football, that and being proved wrong about a player , especially when they succeed through hard graft and perseverance.
I have to hold my hand up for both of them. Raggett just didn’t look like a footballer for the first couple of months (is now as others have said first name on the team sheet) and Hirst was incapable of getting a shot on target for his first 8 games or so. Suddenly found the net, never looked back and started to terrorise defences with his speed and skill. Reckon he could do a decent job in the championship. Walker, however, didn’t manage to turn my opinion round but probably will when he goes somewhere else. Doh
Walker probably would need the same 6, 7 months Hirst needed. But can we just buy someone who can score from day one? Because I want to go up
Hume is nearing a comeback according to DC. Maybe he will feature tonight at Barnet as he isn't too far away DC added, maybe he won't. Morrell has had his hernia op and should return sometime next month. The 20 year old right wing trialist Brandon Pierrick, who did well in his 27 minute appearance at Leyton Orient, picked up an ankle injury there and seemingly will be out for a while. He's had some treatment from club staff and has stayed with Pompey at least for now.
Can't see hume ever being a success here,seems to me he can't handle life down south
(26-07-2022, 12:30 PM)Roybatty Wrote: [ -> ]Can't see hume ever being a success here,seems to me he can't handle life down south

What gives you that impression? Because he got injured?
(26-07-2022, 12:44 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-07-2022, 12:30 PM)Roybatty Wrote: [ -> ]Can't see hume ever being a success here,seems to me he can't handle life down south

Just get a feeling about him, I bet he won't be here for the 23/24 season
(26-07-2022, 03:25 PM)Roybatty Wrote: [ -> ]

Lol oh well then if you’ve got a feeling based on nothing.
(26-07-2022, 03:52 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-07-2022, 03:25 PM)Roybatty Wrote: [ -> ]

Lol oh well then if you’ve got a feeling based on nothing.

Be glad to remind you when it happens
Out for 5 months with a prolapsed disc apparently
Past tense, of course
Sounds painful. Hope he gets well soon.
(11-08-2022, 10:55 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Past tense, of course

Yes see what you mean. DC says he is a couple of weeks away from being back, but he's said that before
That's a difficult injury to come back from. Good luck to him.
(11-08-2022, 11:55 AM)RNorthstander Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2022, 10:55 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Past tense, of course

Yes see what you mean. DC says he is a couple of weeks away from being back, but he's said that before

Seems to be going on a bit, doesn’t it?

Complications with his calf muscle due to nerve trouble. Had the same problem myself. Back seemed fine but my calf was always tight. Didn’t go on for that long though.