TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Can see the Cowleys walking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Post match interview on the pitch after Sheff Wednesday was damning and within weeks of finally having a face to face with Tornante. 

Adamant the current group must be retained and added to but we all know that isn't happening.

Rumour has it earlier in the year they applied for the Charlton job
Fingers crossed
They didn't get it, though. Are there any bigger clubs than Pompey likely to be interested?
They are being lined up for PSG I heard.
(03-05-2022, 12:13 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Post match interview on the pitch after Sheff Wednesday was damning and within weeks of finally having a face to face with Tornante. 

Adamant the current group must be retained and added to but we all know that isn't happening.

Rumour has it earlier in the year they applied for the Charlton job

They can apply for it again,if they want
"Cowley graduated from the University of Greenwich in 2002, obtaining a bachelor's degree in Physical Education"

Clearly not the thickest.
(06-05-2022, 12:36 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]"Cowley graduated from the University of Greenwich in 2002, obtaining a bachelor's degree in Physical Education"

Clearly not the thickest.

PE though.
That University does not run a degree in "Physical Education" anymore. They have a degree in Sports Science with a really low UCAS points entry. Meaning it's pretty easy to get in.
Just because someone has a degree in Basket Weaving does not mean they are as smart as someone with a degree in Quantum Physics clearly.
If you want someone who is smart, Iain Dowie has a Masters degree in Engineering. Does not make him a great Football Manager though does it?
Couldn't agree more but he's clearly not hands down the thickest
Having trained along side PE students, I would not take a PE degree as guaranteeing a lot of brain power. And does a successful football manager need to be that clever anyway? I'm not sure Harry, Jim Smith, Bobby Campbell, Alan Ball, Frank Burrows, Cookie had a degree between them. But they all built successful football teams at Fratton park.
Not the first PE teacher we've had and not the worst - four-oneing the scummers not withstanding.

Doesn't ban tomato ketchup does he?
(06-05-2022, 03:35 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Having trained along side PE students, I would not take a PE degree as guaranteeing a lot of brain power. And does a successful football manager need to be that clever anyway? I'm not sure Harry, Jim Smith, Bobby Campbell, Alan Ball, Frank Burrows, Cookie had a degree between them. But they all built successful football teams at Fratton park.

They all had a degree of success   Big Grin