TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: You know who, Brighton and now Bournemouth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(05-05-2022, 07:38 PM)SouthseaBubble Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-05-2022, 07:22 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]We just need a proper plan for next season put in place now, Not last minute.

We need to get promoted next season & if that means the Eisners have to inject some cash so be it.

Also, we need a new main sponsor asap as Portsmouth University is exactly a household major brand.

I watched a bit of the Cherries v Forrest & both have major sponsors Vitality Insurance  & Boxt Boilers.

We need to be aiming a lot higher & generating more advertising revenue.

The club's Commercial side appears to be Non-existent!

Must say I've never heard of Boxt Boilers.
Major brand been going about 2 years, lots of tv advertising & sponsor the ITV weather. Large advertising budget. Agreed we need a reputable sponsor Not a gambling company.
(06-05-2022, 03:36 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Ditch the shirt sponsor completely let's just be Pompey not an advertising hoarding which is bigger than the club badge.

Unfortunately , we are in a different era now & it's all about sponsorship. Merchandising of kits, clothing, souvenirs , season tickets, programmes, peripheral pitch banner advertising. This generates huge incomes for most clubs & we need to move with the times or be left behind. I was working in the advertising/marketingl/sponsorship world for most of my working life. 
Just need to find a company who fits into the club's values.
(06-05-2022, 06:19 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-05-2022, 06:09 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Just be thankful that it's still called Fratton Park. But I wonder if Eisner's got his eye on that as a way of generating revenue without putting a penny in.

It’ll always be fratton park but they should absolutely get a sponsor.

They are really sh1t business men aren’t they hey? Generating revenue without putting money in, what morons!

Getting a sponsor means changing the name = too high a price to pay IMO. Didn't think that needed more explaining.
(07-05-2022, 04:52 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-05-2022, 06:19 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-05-2022, 06:09 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Just be thankful that it's still called Fratton Park. But I wonder if Eisner's got his eye on that as a way of generating revenue without putting a penny in.

It’ll always be fratton park but they should absolutely get a sponsor.

They are really sh1t business men aren’t they hey? Generating revenue without putting money in, what morons!

Getting a sponsor means changing the name = too high a price to pay IMO. Didn't think that needed more explaining.

And who will call it by that name? The fans? Nope. It’s Fratton Park and always will be no matter what.
Rather than getting Fratton Park sponsored, we could get a sponsor for what was Roko and is currently pretty much nameless.
Its odd how in the most capitalist country in the world, the US, their stadia keep their name, their players do not appear as obviously advertising boards and their wages are pretty good still. Oh and they don't play a huge number of games either. In which case I would hope that American owners would avoid selling naming rights etc for what are usually small amounts in the long run.
Although players in US sport aren’t branded like ours, many of their stadia are. Bit like the UK, the big beasts like the New York Yankees retain their old stadium names whilst newer grounds and franchises get lumbered with a corporate name.
Anyway, I friggin hate branding and sponsorship- it’s demeaning. Are substitutions at FP really brought to me by Volkswagen or whoever?
(06-05-2022, 06:02 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I've never moaned about a lack of investment, and do wonder what % of our turnover comes from giving ourselves up to advertise whatver it is.

At present very low I'd guesstimate as I can't believe Portsmouth Uni are paying much.

We've never had a major sponsor with Jobcentre being the largest so far & another minnow in the comercial world.

We don't need to sell the Fratton Park name but do I believe need a major Shirt & merchandise Sponsor.

The extra money generated could be spent on player recruitment.
(07-05-2022, 03:56 PM)kindofblue Wrote: [ -> ]Are substitutions at FP really brought to me by Volkswagen or whoever?

By JCB or dustcart

*sorry, embittered moment. Over it. Upwards and onwards Rodney!
As in the breath of fresh air from BMW ?
(07-05-2022, 11:50 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]As in the breath of fresh air from BMW ?

That would be Brilliany Hammie but won't ever happen unfortunately!
(07-05-2022, 08:34 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-05-2022, 06:02 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I've never moaned about a lack of investment, and do wonder what % of our turnover comes from giving ourselves up to advertise whatver it is.

At present very low I'd guesstimate as I can't believe Portsmouth Uni are paying much.

We've never had a major sponsor with Jobcentre being the largest so far & another minnow in the comercial world.

We don't need to sell the Fratton Park name but do I believe need a major Shirt & merchandise Sponsor.

The extra money generated could be spent on player recruitment.

Indeed, I expect the multinationals are in a bidding war for the shirt rights of a L1 football club.
(09-05-2022, 03:54 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-05-2022, 11:50 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]As in the breath of fresh air from BMW ?

That would be Brilliany Hammie but won't ever happen unfortunately!
I may have been dreaming but I'm sure that happened immediately after they were caught massaging the pollution results, at Fratton Park. The best thing in a very tedious game.
The obvious sponsors would have been IBM, De La Rue or Townsend Thoresen.

Major brands based in the area.
(09-05-2022, 07:49 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]The obvious sponsors would have been IBM, De La Rue or Townsend Thoresen.

Major brands based in the area.

Shame we missed the boat on Townsend Thorensen.

Maybe we could have Apple on the front, Tesla on the sleeves and Microsoft on the back?  The Eisners are tin pot ffs, no ambition.
Talking of small boats ... !!

Do P&O sponsor anyone ?

That would work P _ Or ..tsmouth - and would really upset some !
We can't seem to attract a director of football, the coaches are all leaving, now allegedly an altrincham player does not want to come here !!!   Other players from non league seem to be giving us a wide berth.  These players would have walked through fire to get here in the past When you can't compete with the likes of Morecambe or Cambridge for players it is pitiful , how far we have sunk is incredible.
Huh
(11-05-2022, 06:09 PM)Yepmop70 Wrote: [ -> ]We can't seem to attract a director of football, the coaches are all leaving, now allegedly an altrincham player does not want to come here !!!   Other players from non league seem to be giving us a wide berth.  These players would have walked through fire to get here in the past When you can't compete with the likes of Morecambe or Cambridge for players it is pitiful , how far we have sunk is incredible.
Huh
Altrincham is a long way away, some families don't want to uproot either for young player being too far from mummy or wife not wanting to move the kids.
(11-05-2022, 06:09 PM)Yepmop70 Wrote: [ -> ]We can't seem to attract a director of football, the coaches are all leaving, now allegedly an altrincham player does not want to come here !!!   Other players from non league seem to be giving us a wide berth.  These players would have walked through fire to get here in the past When you can't compete with the likes of Morecambe or Cambridge for players it is pitiful , how far we have sunk is incredible.
Huh

And you know all this is fact how?
I do not want to be in League 1 but I'm sorry, I don't want to be in the Premier League either.

I haven't forgotten 4-5-1 boring as fuck, trying not to get smashed to bits every week.

Championship please.
Interesting article about Boremuff's Russian owner, Maxim Demin, in Private Eye this week. It estimates the club have benefited from interest free loans to the value of at least £153m since he bought the club in 2011.

Boremuff is owned "offshore" by Fortina Enterprises in the British Virgin Islands.
(12-05-2022, 03:42 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting article about Boremuff's Russian owner, Maxim Demin, in Private Eye this week. It estimates the club have benefited from interest free loans to the value of at least £153m since he bought the club in 2011.

Boremuff is owned "offshore" by Fortina Enterprises in the British Virgin Islands.

Sounds dodgy as fook  Smile .
(12-05-2022, 03:13 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I do not want to be in League 1 but I'm sorry, I don't want to be in the Premier League either.

I haven't forgotten 4-5-1 boring as fuck, trying not to get smashed to bits every week.

Championship please.

I seem to recall the highlight of most champ seasons being the annual trek to Yorkshire to make a great escape on the last day!
Just seen the latest sponsorship deal:
"Chelsea will announce a massive £20million-a-year deal with cryptocurrency firm WhaleFin as their shirt sleeve sponsor, according to reports".
(12-05-2022, 03:42 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting article about Boremuff's Russian owner, Maxim Demin, in Private Eye this week. It estimates the club have benefited from interest free loans to the value of at least £153m since he bought the club in 2011.

those sort of interest free loans are exactly what made Pompey go bust on several occasions. Our current owners have not done that so if they run a good club their investment rises, if they mess it up, they lose the money not the club or the fans.
Pages: 1 2