TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Ideas for showing the Paint Pot the contempt it deserves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Sign a squad of legends on 24hr contracts and send them up in place of our usual squad for a laugh
I like it - Harry as manager?
They should push the boat out and play Scholes, Beckham and both Nevilles. It may be worth watching in that case
maybe that shows contempt for all of our fans who bought tickets for the final as well?
That’d be great. Pros, Toddy, Diarra, Festa, Shaggy, Shaka, Lua, etc. vs ManU oldboys.
I reckon the old 2003 championship winning wide would be game for a laugh
I wonder what Hayden fox is up to these days lol pissing in plant pots?
(05-02-2021, 04:08 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder what Hayden fox is up to these days lol pissing in plant pots?

That's better than Paul Cook, he pissed in the Lifts, allegedly.
>maybe that shows contempt for all of our fans who bought tickets for the final as well? <
Not at all, those that bought tickets are getting refunded, hardly contempt if its being played in an empty stadium. The piss pot trophy is as much use as the charity shield match is. Ok its an expensive day out with the kids etcetcetc, take them to Alton towers they'd it enjoy more
the point of this trophy is that it is one of a tier of trophies run by the FA so every club and their fans at every level has a chance of getting to a cup final.
Sunderland was a fantastic day out. Better than Alton Towers I feel!
Peterborough game scheduled for 3 days later now. I know which game I'd rather win...
I think the best we can do is what we’ve always done.... boycott!
Maybe if all those thousands of people with kids turn up at FP regularly when normality regains then we can play to a full house every game. A bit like pets and christmas ,football and pompey is not all about piss pot finals at wembley.
Isn’t the best thing to get back to the Championship and not have to bother with the P*ss Pot Trophy again.

On this years event, sure I would rather win at Peterborough but with our current squad, surely we can put out a side to beat a League 2 outfit ? I’m not sure I want to see Pompey lose to League 2 side at Wembley, we’ve suffered the ignominy of losing to lower league teams at Fratton Park but not at Wembley please, the mob up the road will laugh their socks off instead of crying in their beer over the 9-0 thrashing.

Here’s a thought, play Hiwula and rest Marquis for the Posh game.

Salford will also have one eye on a Play off place, they are handily placed to get one.