TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Groundhog Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From ESPN website:

'Perhaps the fact that Southampton fell to another 9-0 humbling shouldn't have come as a shock, given that the United fixture was literally played on Groundhog Day (Feb. 2). For the uninitiated, Groundhog Day is a North American tradition observed every February in which the emergence of a peculiar little animal from its burrow is used to predict the spring weather.

More aptly, it's also the name of a 1993 movie starring Bill Murray in which the central character is forced to live the exact same day again, and again, and again.'

I really hope so
I hadn't read it all - on the same ESPN page:

scummers' social admin gave up; Portsmouth's didn't
Quote:Congratulations to @ManUtd for equalling the record for biggest @PremierLeague win ?#Pompey
— Portsmouth FC (@Pompey) February 2, 2021
It wasn't all doom and gloom, though, as Southampton's wretched performance presented south coast neighbours Portsmouth with a rare opportunity to get stuck in on their local rivals. Rather than reference scummers directly, Pompey instead simply made a point of congratulating United on their nine-goal demolition job.
PS, I had no idea until now that this forum automatically substituted the word 'Sai nts' with scummers (unless admin did that of course ha). Excellent. For the record, ESPN definitely wrote Sa1nts!
They say it’s tough at the top but it’s pretty tough at the bottom too. Just seen that Dan Thompson, aged 28, has played for 24 teams, none of them more than a year. Ashley Harris, also aged 28, seems to have amassed 13 appearances apart from those at Pompey for 6 different teams.
Sorry, this was meant to be in the Magri thread