TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Lyndon Gooch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Being reported as a target.

Sunderland fans seem reluctant to let him go.
All I remember about him was when he came on in the paint pot final, scored in the shoot out and then did the old finger to his lips routine to the Pompey support. How did that work out for you, Lynden?

Anyway, if he performs well in the play offs I'd imagine he'll have his sights set a lot higher than Fratton Park.
Good chance we can go for this lad now. If they try and play wing backs in the Championship they'll finish bottom and be back with us in 12 months
(26-05-2022, 11:38 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Good chance we can go for this lad now. If they try and play wing backs in the Championship they'll finish bottom and be back with us in 12 months

I seem to remember we won the championship by miles playing with wing backs.
Just read somewhere that he is very unlikely to be joining Pompey.
On wages of £6,500/wk so would make him the highest earner at the club.

Also, 26 so doesn't fit in with D.C.s age preference either.
Looks like he may be staying with the Mackems.
I seem to remember that was nearly 20 years ago Deep. Can you say the Championship today is the same animal? The 25 man squad rule has had a knock on effect for quality at all levels
(26-05-2022, 06:04 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I seem to remember that was nearly 20 years ago Deep. Can you say the Championship today is the same animal? The 25 man squad rule has had a knock on effect for quality at all levels

I just don't see why you think wingbacks can't succeed in the Championship (or any other league come to that). 

Nottm Forest have done OK using them this season.  And so have Sheff Utd, who also used them when promoted under Wilder as well as this season.
(26-05-2022, 05:50 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Just read somewhere that he is very unlikely to be joining Pompey.
On wages of £6,500/wk so would make him the highest earner at the club.

Also, 26 so doesn't fit in with D.C.s age preference either.
Looks like he may be staying with the Mackems.

The age preference comes from the Eisners, not DC. They told him the policy should be signing youngsters to develop instead of loaning youngsters to develop.

That also isn’t a hard and fast policy and never was.
Looks like we have ended our interest in signing Gooch. Blunderland have offered him a new contract and there is no way we can match his wage demands. Onto the next one…