TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Ground update video. brick by brick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
No doubt we can find reasons to criticise but the regular development updates are really good. 
One question, how did they find builder who don't trash the green bit? Everytime we have work done, the garden looks like the Somme after they have done. 
One big old job and they do look to be really getting on with it (apart from removing the stand brick by brick on a little trolley!)
Right with you on that one Hammie, there is nothing to suggest it is not a totally professional job.

Thoroughness, and brilliant use of the available space (s) keeps coming to the fore, and sympathetic renewal and restoration of the South stand with original features encapsulated as a part of the new design.

Overall very impressive.
Agree with both of these posts - the club seems to have found themselves a really professional builder to carry out the works. Really impressed with the updates.
(20-05-2022, 01:51 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: [ -> ]Agree with both of these posts - the club seems to have found themselves a really professional builder to carry out the works.  Really impressed with the updates.

Did they find them on check-a-trade?
Click by click
Fratton Park is going to look "different" but great.
I know some don't much care but seeing the Archibald Leich "girder design back" will make me happy. Like seeing the Kings bought back to life by the trust. Two old ladies given a makeover.
Right on it AGAIN Hammie .....

.... it is so refreshing that we can look forward to a SAFE re-vamped ground , remaining as a PROPER stadium with a soul.

Far divorced from flat pack efforts - all of them witness to destitution of atmosphere and vigour and a roost for impotence.
We are cutting out nose to spite our face by slapping up the old girl. The away fans get the benefit but we don't, we need to be in a 35k seater to generate the AAR we need to get back to the Championship and beyond.
(20-05-2022, 10:49 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I know some don't much care but seeing the Archibald Leich "girder design back" will make me happy. Like seeing the Kings bought back to life by the trust. Two old ladies given a makeover.

I am very pleased to see the Leitch truss reappear. I thought it was very sad to see it disappear behind advertising. Just a shame it won’t  be seen on tv. I think it’s right up there with Villa’s old stand. That’s sadly gone now.
Found this on YouTube some time ago and it shows the SouthStand as was. Great to see that it is going to be reinstated. https://youtu.be/m048eWaUz1k

Shame about the result but oh for that team today
Bournemouth's first ever win at Fratton. Look where they are now and where we are. Depressing.
Good luck to them, I had to laugh when I saw one of there fans saying back to where we belong. Sunderland up as well
Well Scumslayer I am not sure who has an alternative ?? - did you ?

As being realistic the alternative to "slapping up the old girl" was a drastically reduced capacity at FP.

And we do not, currently, need a 35k seater stadium , others have progressed very well without that capacity, and thinking back to the Prem years the 'old girl' was only full to rocking capacity when a big name came to town.

Sorry, 'Slayer' but realism and pragmatism !
(21-05-2022, 08:25 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]We are cutting out nose to spite our face by slapping up the old girl. The away fans get the benefit but we don't, we need to be in a 35k seater to generate the AAR we need to get back to the Championship and beyond.

Lol
(21-05-2022, 04:03 PM)Port_stowe Wrote: [ -> ]Found this on YouTube some time ago and it shows the SouthStand as was. Great to see that it is going to be reinstated. https://youtu.be/m048eWaUz1k

Loved that team, Biley's pen miss bad though. How good was Rogers down the wing?
(22-05-2022, 12:48 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-05-2022, 04:03 PM)Port_stowe Wrote: [ -> ]Found this on YouTube some time ago and it shows the SouthStand as was. Great to see that it is going to be reinstated. https://youtu.be/m048eWaUz1k

Loved that team, Biley's pen miss bad though. How good was Rogers down the wing?

Not Biley's best day if you also take that second half miss into account. Rogers was a great player at that level and it's clear from these brief highlights that Webb was going places.
(22-05-2022, 08:24 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Well Scumslayer I am not sure who has an alternative ?? - did you ?

As being realistic the alternative to "slapping up the old girl" was a drastically reduced capacity at FP.

And we do not, currently, need a 35k seater stadium , others have progressed very well without that capacity, and thinking back to the Prem years the 'old girl' was only full to rocking capacity when a big name came to town.

Sorry, 'Slayer' but realism and pragmatism !

Another shortsighted apologist living in fear of Eric and Co's paper thin ego
With an average attendance of 13 thousand odd and few sell outs even in the Prem, there is very little real evidence to suggest we need 35K. Actually the only reason is to have more seats then the lot down the road.
We averaged 15000 this season and that was with capacity restrictions. We had lots of sellout in the prem especially v the bigger clubs. Some games didn't sellout mainly when we were being f***** over by the owners.

Improve the facilities and we'd sell 30,000 in the prem. 

25,000 should be the absolute bare minimum capacity of fp.

Bigger capacity means more people can go in groups (kids with their mates etc) as opposed to having mainly single seats available.

We sold over 50,000 for Wembley in the paint trophy and would have sold many more.
(22-05-2022, 08:35 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]We averaged 15000 this season and that was with capacity restrictions. We had lots of sellout in the prem especially v the bigger clubs. Some games didn't sellout mainly when we were being f***** over by the owners.

Improve the facilities and we'd sell 30,000 in the prem. 

25,000 should be the absolute bare minimum capacity of fp.

Bigger capacity means more people can go in groups (kids with their mates etc) as opposed to having mainly single seats available.

We sold over 50,000 for Wembley in the paint trophy and would have sold many more.

25K seems a reasonable first step which is where we seem to be heading. 
They've directly referred to the north upper and filling in the corners. 
I guess the corners on their own would get us close to 25K and could be done fairly quickly. Their attention to detail suggests that has been planned in re the problems they have solved re pinch points limiting the capacity in an emergency situation.
(22-05-2022, 01:14 PM)Jezzer Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-05-2022, 12:48 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]

Not Biley's best day if you also take that second half miss into account. Rogers was a great player at that level and it's clear from these brief highlights that Webb was going places.
Chuckle 

‘The keeper went the wrong way and so did the ball!’
Hi 'Slayer'

Love your emotive Buzz - "Another short-sighted apologist living in fear of Eric and Co's paper thin ego"

So .... question repeated, and keeping factual - What is/was the alternative - did you have one?

If you have a unique idea/ alternative please share it

And, I agree 25k is a sensible figure to aim for.
The largest stadium south of London is that of our neighbours at just over 33k.

We have untapped potential the width of them to Brighton, and the coast line to South London.

We are also favourably positioned on the Portsmouth London line to stage events, point in case London 2012, the Americas Cup and Victorious to name a few.

Pompey is beyond ripe for a 40k stadium for the football, our untapped potential (as another said 50k at Wembley and could have sold more) plus hosting BIG names outside of the football season which adds to the AAR of a new Pompey ground. They have The Killers at St Mary's next month ffs - that should be us.

Stadium of Light is 40k. I make Sunderland a good case for emulation for Pompey.

Remember you are building a venue for more than just football.

Now to address your Q directly. Three options each of which require our MULTI BILLIONAIRE owner to put his fucking hands in his fucking pockets:

1. Buy up The Pompey Centre in full, build on the foot print of B and Q
2. Alexandra Park
3. King George
Ok got that and totally agree with your statements regarding the untapped potential for a big stadium in this city, and I hold that it is a viable potential that other south coast teams will never have!

And here it comes .... However, in the short term I do not believe they had any alternative ????? - but to suggest ...( be rude to say tarting up the old girl ) - as the builders are doing such a bloody good job, with what we have.

I do not think the trust could have managed that, and our immediate plan is surely to increase capacity for the 2022/23 season. Also I do believe the multi-billionaires are savvy businessmen and know full well that a higher league position equals very increased revenue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4