TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: No Sunderland
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(25-05-2022, 01:25 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-05-2022, 05:45 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-05-2022, 08:21 AM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]No I 've never thought I owned the club Not that naive & thought the Trust did an excellent job saving the club.

No I didn't invest although interested at the time but there didn't appear to be any official donation schemes that I could see. I wasn't going to part with any cash unless I 100% knew it was going directly to the trust with some form of receipt.

No I don't want us going bust again but would like to see some form of on the pitch investment this season. Two ways to help achieve this are increased sponsorship & season ticket sales. Sponsorship in the past has been dreadfully lacking & hopefully with increased capacity we can increase money generated there.

No we don't want a huge interest free loan hanging around our neck but need to find away to improve the team. We should have made the play offs but again failed to make significant January transfer signings.

Basically the club needs managing much better. How long is it taking to recruit a new D.O.F. & sorting out the academy? One way to be self-sufficient is to grow our own but the structure needs to be in place.
Invest???? You don’t even watch games unless it’s free!

Totally out of order & Not true. I pay to have Sky Sports Not that it's any of your business!

You don’t watch Pompey, apart from the highlights.

Pompey are none of your business.
(24-05-2022, 06:07 PM)Pangus Wrote: [ -> ]All I ask of the Eisners is to show some ambition. Match that by setting some ambitious targets and back it up with the sort of competitive investment, league one wise, which means that Cowley doesn't have to deal in the 'bargain basement' as up to now. I'm not asking for multi-millions, just the right level of investment that should be within their means.

Like Walker? Hirst? Baz? Hume? Non very bargain basement hey?
(25-05-2022, 01:29 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-05-2022, 06:07 PM)Pangus Wrote: [ -> ]All I ask of the Eisners is to show some ambition. Match that by setting some ambitious targets and back it up with the sort of competitive investment, league one wise, which means that Cowley doesn't have to deal in the 'bargain basement' as up to now. I'm not asking for multi-millions, just the right level of investment that should be within their means.

Spot on Pangus & that's what I was trying to say.

Last season especially in January we weren't anywhere near being competitive.

We missed out on around 10-12 Cowley targets to smaller clubs like Wycombe & embarrassing.

Lol! According to the News! Let’s pay more for a player than he’s worth to play for us, nothing better than a bidding war. Do you know how much was spent on Walker? Enough for 2 players wages. We also paid a fee for Hume, Plymouth didn’t pay fees for  any players last season.
Pangus nailed it 100%
Pages: 1 2