TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Callum Johnson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Surprised to see Johnson released, I really rated him, thought he had a touch of class about him,  certainly above Freeman as a full back.
He didn't settle down here and was keen to go back up north. No point in keeping an
 unhappy player.
Shame but if he wanted to move back then good luck to him.
Good luck to him.
According to CJ himself he had no desire to leave but DC didn’t want him and never really gave him a reason why he didn’t fit with his plans. Who knows.. probably the truth is somewhere in between. Either way I think it’s a shame as he wasn’t bad.
Would have been the Romeo signing I imagine
£100K thrown away
I know in football that does not sound much but that is still one hundred thousand pounds just binned.
Its not as if either of the replacements were setting the league alike by the end of the season.
(24-05-2022, 09:07 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]He didn't settle down here and was keen to go back up north. No point in keeping an
 unhappy player.

According to CJ it’s a myth that he was home sick and he remains in the dark why he had no Pompey future under DC. In my opinion he is a better player than Freeman and Romeo but then again he wasn’t a DC signing.
(26-05-2022, 06:52 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]£100K thrown away
I know in football that does not sound much but that is still one hundred thousand pounds just binned.
Its not as if either of the replacements were setting the league alike by the end of the season.

Hardly thrown away, we got a season out of him.  

And all players are worth nothing when their contracts expire. 

Interesting to hear the homesick story is a myth though. It was widely reported as that at the time , I thought something to do with his partner, but I may be remembering that wrong.
(26-05-2022, 07:09 PM)Bluebob Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-05-2022, 09:07 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]He didn't settle down here and was keen to go back up north. No point in keeping an
 unhappy player.

According to CJ it’s a myth that he was home sick and he remains in the dark why he had no Pompey future under DC. In my opinion he is a better player than Freeman and Romeo but then again he wasn’t a DC signing.

Because he wasn’t a DC signing, 100%. And that is why bass and Jacobs will be off too
 unhappy player.

not only better but improving steadily from what I saw as opposed to Romeo and freeman who both seem to be falling away.
I’m not sure about Freeman falling away, don’t think he was ever standing in the first place! Very mediocre IMO
You're too kind dmsg - Freeman is utter garbage.