TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: vs plymouth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
plymouth started well but we seem to be doing ok now
corners looking a lot more dangerous than usual
We're toothless up front,our strikers don't appear to link up well together or offer a threat. When was the last time we had a striker that put fear or hesitation into the opposition back 5. I'd rather Jackass took of M& H and played Curtis and run around Williams up front.
(06-02-2021, 03:51 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]We're toothless up front,our strikers don't appear to link up well together or offer a threat. When was the last time we had a striker that put fear or hesitation into the opposition back 5. I'd rather Jackass took of M& H and played Curtis and run around Williams up front.

They are both similar hold up players. It really calls out for Hiwula to replace Marquis as Harrison is better in the air for knocks ons.

Next best is Curtis.
Id agree one of H&M needs to be swapped for a number ten type. or tell them both they have 20 mins to work together or they're both off.
(06-02-2021, 04:02 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Id agree one of H&M needs to be swapped for a number ten type. or tell them both they have 20 mins to work together or they're both off.

Jacobs injured again. Frustrating.
well... what a shocking performance. Three home defeats in a row beckoning and Jackett making dumb substitutions again. let's pay a young central midfielder left wing and leave williams on the bench. If we cant sort this game out I guess that's top 2 out of reach?
I would not say it is a shocking performance, except in the final ball
Automatics went a while ago!
(06-02-2021, 04:33 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I would not say it is a shocking performance, except in the final ball

Maybe shocking is too strong but losing at home to a team with 3rd worst away form in the league would definitely not be clever!! )

Deebo

Stevie Wonder can see that Harrison/Marquis is not a pairing. I counted one pass between the two in the whole match. Two similar players who have no idea about linking up. No Hiwula on bench. Not for the first time over the last few years totally mystified by the manager's thinking.
(06-02-2021, 04:36 PM)Deebo Wrote: [ -> ]Stevie Wonder can see that Harrison/Marquis is not a pairing. I counted one pass between the two in the whole match. Two similar players who have no idea about linking up. No Hiwula on bench. Not for the first time over the last few years totally mystified by the manager's thinking.

OK 2 down and now I claim it's shocking. Is it time for KJ to **** off? Curtis gives us a chance though.. and now rag or bolton!!!
2-2 but Jackett is still a coont and our strikers are shite.
with our attacking mid, the strikers really should be finding it easy to score, both of them, not one.
(06-02-2021, 04:34 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Automatics went a while ago!

Look at the table, Mikey.

Can I be the first on this new Board to invoke the word "bedwetting", please?
(06-02-2021, 05:07 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]

I suppose the problem is this is not a very high quality league this season. there's no stand out team tbh and yet we still struggle to get anywhere near the top 2 places. We are almost certainly a play off team despite KJ claiming it's the best squad he has ever assembled. That suggests he is not getting the best from them. Either way, he's not doing the job well enough IMO.
A point won. 21 games to go, 63 points up for grabs. Hull beaten by bottom side. And
....Scummers beaten by nine men. What's not to like?
whats not to like??? Kenny Jackett!!!
(06-02-2021, 05:13 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]A point won. 21 games to go, 63 points up for grabs. Hull beaten by bottom side. And
....Scummers beaten by nine men. What's not to like?

Ooooo.....blue-tinted spectacles, Gerry.

Steady, nipper!  Smile
What is Jackett's problem with Williams? In that great recent run of ours he was the inspiration and outstanding. Now he can't get a start or get on from the bench. 
The situation regarding Hwula is simply baffling. Why take him on for the season and then consistently leave him out of the squad altogether. How does Jackett justify bringing White on in that situation. 
I was also disappointed with Cannon today who was disappointing to say the least. Its that sort of inconsistency 
which is costing us. 
We all know where this season is heading i.e. to the play offs at best. And do we anticipate that with any belief, not with Jackett's record .
(06-02-2021, 05:20 PM)Pangus Wrote: [ -> ]What is Jackett's problem with Williams? In that great recent run of ours he was the inspiration and outstanding. Now he can't get a start or get on from the bench. 
The situation regarding Hwula is simply baffling. Why take him on for the season and then consistently leave him out of the squad altogether. How does Jackett justify bringing White on in that situation. 
I was also disappointed with Cannon today who was disappointing to say the least. Its that sort of inconsistency 
which is costing us. 
We all know where this season is heading i.e. to the play offs at best. And do we anticipate that with any belief, not with Jackett's record .

I think most people are baffled by this. Williams was clearly not tired and was creating so many chances so gets binned in favour of Harness who has been struggling lately. KJ cannot please everyone with his selections but it would be good if he pleased some of us, some of the time))
I said a while back that Williams makes us tick (almost like Naylor) and got a load of stick on a different forum. My only thought today might be that he was not fully fit/carrying a knock. It did not seem the time to bring on a loan player AND play him out of position.
(06-02-2021, 05:27 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2021, 05:20 PM)Pangus Wrote: [ -> ]What is Jackett's problem with Williams? In that great recent run of ours he was the inspiration and outstanding. Now he can't get a start or get on from the bench. 
which is costing us. 

I think most people are baffled by this. Williams was clearly not tired and was creating so many chances so gets binned in favour of Harness who has been struggling lately. KJ cannot please everyone with his selections but it would be good if he pleased some of us, some of the time))

Why be baffled ? We are playing every Saturday & Tuesday for the forseeable future so there is bound to be rotation, and Harness & Williams are an obvious pair to rotate when playing Harrison up with Marquis. 
Curtis & Jacobs (if he gets fit again), and Brown & Daniels can also expect to get rotated.
(06-02-2021, 05:07 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]

Hardly Bill. I know there's a fair few games to go but we've just lost at home to the top two. Doncaster with all their Premium League Loans are above us with games in hand. Peterborough 
are looking half decent & don't rule out the Mackens or Oxford. Playoffs at the best unless KJ can work a miracle & get some consistency especially at home.
You don't rotate a winning team unless it's for injury/suspension or loss of form.
(06-02-2021, 07:59 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2021, 05:27 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]
which is costing us. 

Why be baffled ? We are playing every Saturday & Tuesday for the forseeable future so there is bound to be rotation, and Harness & Williams are an obvious pair to rotate when playing Harrison up with Marquis. 
Curtis & Jacobs (if he gets fit again), and Brown & Daniels can also expect to get rotated.

Because you don’t rotate by dropping your best player when he is still fresh, the one that makes things happen.. the one the opposition are scared of and say.. ‘ah well we’ll drop a few points but hey at least Williams is fresh for the next game’. Even Eisner sounds as if he’s tired of KJ failure.
Pages: 1 2