TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Eisner's wave
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A welcome narrative with the punters/fans - and those who demonstrated support to the club when we survived and became a Trust .....

BUT is the EFL Div 2 experience totally divorced from the Eisner's growth history in the USA ?

.. are they, in the realism 0f 20/20 vision and pragmatism .... facing obstacles that they did not anticipate or envisage now - in the 3rd tier of English football  ?

They bought the club as it stood, and they do/must/embrace/realise the very UNIQUE and untapped potential in this city and catchment area,

I hold that the trust could not have sustained the club/continued to sustain the club with the aging ground issues - FULL STOP.

However, will they (Michael Eisner and sons) now go the extra mile to chase Valhalla?

Michael remains tied to the mast - but his realisation, and examination of this season's final table must suggest that just a very subtle impetus, beneath the view of the breaking waves,  may just .....

..... steer the very loyal ship over the troublesome surf of the reef, and a little nearer to PFC's true destiny 

WE hope ....  PUP!
Eh?

This reads like spam!
Good morning Bill,

No not Spam , Ham or the like, but a wistful tone.

Just trying to drum up answers/views to a pertinent question for next season. Will Michael |Eisner quietly (as fees would sky rocket if PFC made noise about it ) add an extra purposeful shove to the transfer budget ?
They haven't put their desired management structure in place yet. And if they haven't been able to do that, I don't hold out much hope for the transfer kitty being given an extra bump, or the people making the decisions to know what to do with it either.

Our CEO has told us that we have to wait til June 10th to see what they've been working on. Can't wait Sad
Not announcing signings until the 10th makes absolute sense. It stops other clubs being alerted and trying to nick them. 

In the meantime let the papers speculate at random.  I wouldn't be at all surprsied if several of the new signings we get during the window do not get a mention in the News before they are announced, like last summer.
(27-05-2022, 09:46 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Not announcing signings until the 10th makes absolute sense. It stops other clubs being alerted and trying to nick them. 

In the meantime let the papers speculate at random.  I wouldn't be at all surprsied if several of the new signings we get during the window do not get a mention in the News before they are announced, like last summer.

Hmmm, how about pre contract agreements like other clubs are doing? That would certainly stop other clubs nicking them. Lets hope we've learned lessons from recent years when xfer targets have been missed.
Deep and BlueB,

Too right on those points, hopefully they will keep potential deals well south of the News, and employ those pre-contract arrangements if we can!
(27-05-2022, 11:38 AM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-05-2022, 09:46 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Not announcing signings until the 10th makes absolute sense. It stops other clubs being alerted and trying to nick them. 

Hmmm, how about pre contract agreements like other clubs are doing? That would certainly stop other clubs nicking them. Lets hope we've learned lessons from recent years when xfer targets have been missed.

You don't know that we have not done any pre-contract arrangements, but they are not totally binding so it doesn't stop other clubs trying to nick them.  Until a deal is completed after June 10th anything can happen, otherwise the transfer window would be meaningless.

Keeping quiet about targets and deals is the best lesson we can have learnt from previous seasons - not that it is possible to keep everything quiet from the players's agents end and the press will always get some of the stories in advance.

Has there ever been an instance of a pre-contract agreement being broken? I know they're non-binding legally, but a quick search didn't show up any examples.
(27-05-2022, 01:31 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: [ -> ]

Has there ever been an instance of a pre-contract agreement being broken?  I know they're non-binding legally, but a quick search didn't show up any examples.

They are rarely reported so that is always going to be a difficult one to find, but it is bound to have happened. I wonder if Ipswich had one with Jacobs last year, or if we had one with Morrell when Ipswich came in to try and nick him at the last minute. 

But a quick google reveals .....
Under the Bosman ruling, a player can sign a contract with a new club up to six months before his existing contract expires. A pre-contract agreement may be broken by the player or the club, as was the case when Ross County midfielder Richard Brittain signed a pre-contract with St Johnstone.
Can someone translate the OP into English?
(27-05-2022, 12:35 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

You don't know that we have not done any pre-contract arrangements, but they are not totally binding so it doesn't stop other clubs trying to nick them.  Until a deal is completed after June 10th anything can happen, otherwise the transfer window would be meaningless.

Keeping quiet about targets and deals is the best lesson we can have learnt from previous seasons - not that it is possible to keep everything quiet from the players's agents end and the press will always get some of the stories in advance.

My understanding of pre contract agreements is like Connor Washington today who has signed for Rotherham from Charlton. No ifs or buts he's theirs so another club cannot nick him. All it means is Rotherham cant officially unveil him until 10/6. So I think you're wrong on this DB.
(27-05-2022, 06:54 PM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-05-2022, 12:35 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

My understanding of pre contract agreements is like Connor Washington today who has signed for Rotherham from Charlton. No ifs or buts he's theirs so another club cannot nick him. All it means is Rotherham cant officially unveil him until 10/6. So I think you're wrong on this DB.
Connor Washington cannot sign for Rotherham until June 10th. There's no grey area here,he has not signed for them yet. The Scottish example I quoted above proves that. If Man City offered him terms tomorrow Rotherham would never see him.  Unlikely, but legally possible.
There's no grey area. You sign a pre contract that becomes active on 10th June but that contract also includes a clause that prevents you from signing your registration rights to another club before the start date. So vis a Vis you sign for that club immediately.
(28-05-2022, 09:26 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]There's no grey area. You sign a pre contract that becomes active on 10th June but that contract also includes a clause that prevents you from signing your registration rights to another club before the start date. So vis a Vis you sign for that club immediately.

Spot on scumslayer. I think DB maybe getting confused with verbal agreements (like Stockley with us last summer) which are not worth anything.
Washington will be playing for Rotherham next season, no one can "nick him". Raggett has "penned a new 2 year deal" with us. He'll be playing for us next season, no one will "nick him".
(28-05-2022, 09:30 AM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-05-2022, 09:26 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]There's no grey area. You sign a pre contract that becomes active on 10th June but that contract also includes a clause that prevents you from signing your registration rights to another club before the start date. So vis a Vis you sign for that club immediately.

Spot on scumslayer. I think DB maybe getting confused with verbal agreements (like Stockley with us last summer) which are not worth anything.
Washington will be playing for Rotherham next season, no one can "nick him". Raggett has "penned a new 2 year deal" with us. He'll be playing for us next season, no one will "nick him".

Whether or not a precontract is binding or not, it’s a completely different situation to Raggett.
Which bit of "Under the Bosman ruling, a player can sign a contract with a new club up to six months before his existing contract expires. A pre-contract agreement may be broken by the player or the club, as was the case when Ross County midfielder Richard Brittain signed a pre-contract with St Johnstone."
are people struggling with ? 
(28-05-2022, 09:49 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Whether or not a precontract is binding or not, it’s a completely different situation to Raggett.

I wouldn't have thought Raggetts situation is any different. No club is going to pay a player twice as in 2 contracts @ the same time. His contract runs out next month iirc, the new one will take over then. Therefore by penning a new deal he must have signed a pre contract agreement otherwise someone could "nick him".  Big Grin
(28-05-2022, 10:17 AM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]

I wouldn't have thought Raggetts situation is any different. No club is going to pay a player twice as in 2 contracts @ the same time. His contract runs out next month iirc, the new one will take over then. Therefore by penning a new deal he must have signed a pre contract agreement otherwise someone could "nick him".  Big Grin

Is that like the opposite to a release clause?  Didn't we have a discussion on here about those once?

Raggett's situation is very different. He is not joining a new club and a player can sign a new contract with his existing club at any time - transfer windows have nothing to do with that.

He’s contracted to Pompey, his contracted has been extended, it doesn’t expire, he can’t be nicked. Totally different.
(28-05-2022, 10:26 AM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: [ -> ]

Is that like the opposite to a release clause?  Didn't we have a discussion on here about those once?

And who was proved right about that ?  Wink

The similarity in the arguments is that in 99 out of a 100 cases the release clause will not be exceeded and in 99 cases out of a 100 both parties will honour a pre-contract agreement.  But neither is guaranteed as the Jed Wallace and Richard Brittain cases prove.
(28-05-2022, 05:40 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-05-2022, 10:26 AM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-05-2022, 09:30 AM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]Spot on scumslayer. I think DB maybe getting confused with verbal agreements (like Stockley with us last summer) which are not worth anything.

And who was proved right about that ?  Wink

The similarity in the arguments is that in 99 out of a 100 cases the release clause will not be exceeded and in 99 cases out of a 100 both parties will honour a pre-contract agreement.  But neither is guaranteed as the Jed Wallace and Richard Brittain cases prove.

Ladapo gone to Ipswich. just saying loike....
From DC

Ultimately, all of these clubs who are announcing players before June 10, these players aren’t actually registered with the league.

‘So really those contracts are null and void, at this moment.

‘Players who are being announced by certain clubs, those players aren’t officially their players yet. They won’t be until June 10.
I don’t think we’d be announcing deals publicly yet, because the moment you announce them publicly you’re ultimately making everyone else aware.

‘We’re alerting everyone else.

‘Everyone will know what the EFL regulations are - and then they could potentially take those players.’
Pages: 1 2