TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Raggett signs new contract extension
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(27-05-2022, 06:39 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]Sonny Vs Raggett

Sonny all day.

Raggett looks, like bambi on ice.

Raggett doesn't look like a football player.

Well he looks like a footballer to me and I’ve been watching and playing the game for more than 60 years, you don’t have to be ‘elegant’ to be good ffs.

A lot of players these days are all about the ‘look’ and the ‘shape’, too precious by half. Raggett is an honest to goodness, no nonsense, whole hearted player with no lack of ability, you can’t have too many of those. Without players like Raggett, the ‘pretty’ players who ‘look like footballers’ don’t get the chance to display their talents.

I am really pleased that he’s signed another contract, one of the most important signatures we’ll get this close season imo.
(28-05-2022, 09:31 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I reckon how it all ended at Pompey was the kick up the arse Bradley needed. He had some ability but couldn't be arsed when he first turned up. Fancied himself throughout his time with us. Seems to have done something with himself afterwards - fair play.

He was right about our fans that night in Crawley as well to be fair. Saw it first hand.

Yes he was right, the fans were right out of order. 

But it was an afternoon in Exeter.

I'd challenge anyone to name our back four that day without googling ... it was Alfei,Chorley,Devera & Painter. (Bradley was ony a sub that day).  No wonder we were in danger of going out of the league at the time.
(28-05-2022, 10:21 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]Well he looks like a footballer to me and I’ve been watching and playing the game for more than 60 years, you don’t have to be ‘elegant’ to be good ffs.

A lot of players these days are all about the ‘look’ and the ‘shape’, too precious by half. Raggett is an honest to goodness, no nonsense, whole hearted player with no lack of ability, you can’t have too many of those. Without players like Raggett, the ‘pretty’ players who ‘look like footballers’ don’t get the chance to display their talents.

I am really pleased that he’s signed another contract, one of the most important signatures we’ll get this close season imo.

Can't argue with any of that.
Forgot about the Exeter incident. I'm talking about the other one where one of ours lashed out at him
(27-05-2022, 09:31 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Not true Realist, he’s scored more for us than Burgess and has played about 60 less games

That's not what you said dsmg and ultimately Burgess has scored more goals and proved himself at a higher level than Raggett so I'm not sure how useful the comparison is.
Burgess has scored one every 14 games in his career, Raggett one every 10. Raggett has played more games in the championship than Burgess, I’m not sure how to evaluate the Belgian league but as I said Raggett scores quite a lot more than Burgess
As Raggett has signed a new contract does it mean I have to renew my season ticket or am I still excused?
Renew!
(28-05-2022, 12:21 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Burgess has scored one every 14 games in his career, Raggett one every 10. Raggett has played more games in the championship than Burgess, I’m not sure how to evaluate the Belgian league but as I said Raggett scores quite a lot more than Burgess

World rankings of leagues shows the Belgium A league at number 8.  Burgess regularly scores at this level whereas Raggett has hardly played at Championship level and has he ever scored there?  Looking forward to seeing Raggett banging them in for Pompey next season in league 1 and hoping Burgess enjoys playing in the top European competitions.
(28-05-2022, 12:49 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Renew!

But first you have to get the ticketing system to work. My payment has timed out three times now. Lucky I am retired and have time to go to the Ticket Office on Monday.
Kick it off the Park, a massive error by Raggs who will know for himself without me telling him
(20-08-2022, 05:15 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Kick it off the Park, a massive error by Raggs who will know for himself without me telling him

So don't tell him then!
As I said, he's not good enough for a promotion challenging team.

Nice bloke though.
(20-08-2022, 05:28 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]As I said, he's not good enough for a promotion challenging team.

Nice bloke though.
Well we all knew you'd pipe up
(20-08-2022, 05:30 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-08-2022, 05:28 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]As I said, he's not good enough for a promotion challenging team.

Nice bloke though.
Well we all knew you'd pipe up

Are you on your way back from Leicester Ba ?
Pages: 1 2