TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Contract renewals policy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any ideas why the club still allows players it knows it wants to keep, run down their contracts? 

The comments from Raggett in the news today gives a good picture of how it incentivises players to look elsewhere and welcomes competition for their signature.

Similarly, it also allows players worth a few quid to leave for nothing. Not a smart or frugal policy in either scenario.

"Obviously they were letting my contract go down until the end of the season, so naturally you will assess your options at that time.

‘Had I been offered a deal earlier in the season, it would have been an easy decision to sign.

‘As it was, it was left late, I assessed my options while on holiday and came to the conclusion I wanted to reach that goal I set when I first signed on loan here."
in a season where we might or might not get promoted it makes sense, in a season like this where we were miles away from promotion we could have got ahead of the game. It does actually seem to be turning out that those we want have signed up.
O'Brien has been great but I suspect NC think he can get better value and does need to sign up a front two at least.