TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Marlon Pack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yes or no?
Yes definitely. He should never have let go , the same as Ritchie
If he wants to come and play for us, and his comments suggest he might that is a big first step.
We've all seen the result of signing big names on their way to retirement who can't be bothered really.
It's a firm no from me. Wrong side of 30, doesn't score anywhere near enough goals, won't keep Morell or Thompson out of the side.

The whole point of this signing will be to swindle the sale of season tickets on heart strings.
"swindle" seems a very strong word
Personally i think Pack is a better midfielder than Thompson ( they're different types of midfielder anyway). If DC goes with his preferred 352 or 3412 he fits that role between midfield and attack.
No, on the downward slope. Only played 24 games in the League last year with just 1 goal.
If he’s ok with a zero hours contract why not?
(03-06-2022, 11:01 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]It's a firm no from me. Wrong side of 30, doesn't score anywhere near enough goals, won't keep Morell or Thompson out of the side.

The whole point of this signing will be to swindle the sale of season tickets on heart strings.

He’s not exactly a Pompey legend ffs!
Is he related to Roy Pack from way back when?
(03-06-2022, 11:41 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Personally i think Pack is a better midfielder than Thompson ( they're different types of midfielder anyway). If DC goes with his preferred 352 or 3412 he fits that role between midfield and attack.

I thought Pack was a defensive midfield playmaker type of player ?
You may be right , I always assumed he was more of a central box to box type, but happy to be wrong
(03-06-2022, 11:41 AM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]No, on the downward slope. Only played 24 games in the League last year with just 1 goal.

How many goals did Thompson and Morell score?
(03-06-2022, 04:13 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-06-2022, 11:41 AM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]No, on the downward slope. Only played 24 games in the League last year with just 1 goal.

How many goals did Thompson and Morell score?

I thought they were looking for some better players.
How times did you watch him play last season? Full games not highlights.
(03-06-2022, 08:56 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes or no?

Not when Ben Thompson is available, no.
Pompey need to go out and sign near enough 10 title winners and I haven't got any faith they are capable of signing one
Very interesting article from the Bristol press https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/foot...se-7159664
Sounds like a DC player to me.
(04-06-2022, 06:54 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Very interesting article from the Bristol press https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/foot...se-7159664

A well written, properly researched article?  Reading The News and their awful efforts, you forget that there's people out there who can properly construct a sentence and paragraph.

Wouldn't be upset to see Pack at FP again, but the issues are i) could Pompey pay him enough, and ii) he and his family have lived up around Bristol for a long time now and would they relocate on the basis of a one or two year contract?
(03-06-2022, 08:02 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-06-2022, 08:56 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes or no?

Not when Ben Thompson is available, no.

Different sort of player, Peds.  Pack sits back and breaks up play (and unlike Naylor he can pass as well), whereas Thompson is more of a Morrell who pushes forward with the ball when he can.  No reason both couldn't work together but we know we probably won't get either of them.
The slowing up play comment worries me a bit, because Morrell already often does that by playing so deep and expecting the ball to be played via him, thereby missing the opportunity to break out faster.  It keeps possession well but gives the opposition time to regroup.    Do we really need two players who do that ?
(04-06-2022, 09:28 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]The slowing up play comment worries me a bit, because Morrell already often does that by playing so deep and expecting the ball to be played via him, thereby missing the opportunity to break out faster.  It keeps possession well but gives the opposition time to regroup.    Do we really need two players who do that ?

That’s why DC would want him! He fits in perfectly.
No,no,no to Pack.Move forward.
You mean it would be a step backwards because he made 1 appearance for us over ten years ago?
Pages: 1 2 3