TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: England or Pompey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Deebo

(05-06-2022, 10:07 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2022, 09:46 AM)Deebo Wrote: [ -> ]Casting my mind back to 66 if you’d asked this question I’m convinced it would have been overwhelmingly in favour of England. Remembering that amazing feeling after becoming champions of the world and everyone in the country shared in the glory it’s a shame that tribalism has fractured our country to such an extent that we’d rather have our own little party than everyone being able to join in. Still England for me.

I do agree about the comments about the current players though.

1966 was amazing no doubt about it Deebo, there was such a great atmosphere surrounding it all.

I only saw one game live, the 2-0 win against France (I think Roger Hunt got the goals) but I remember the excitement of being in a near 100,000 crowd for an England World Cup win as if it was yesterday.

You got the impression that all the players and country were 100% up for it.

Sadly you don’t get the same feeling now.

The Jubilee parties have rekindled some of that spirit though and I’ve dug out my old ‘British by birth, English by the grace of God’ t shirt for the occasion  Smile .

We can but hope for better things.

PUP

And I’ve got out my Union Jack underpants. Sagging and seen better days — a bit like their owner.  Big Grin
(05-06-2022, 10:27 AM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Patriotism over nationalism. Flags are weapons for the jingoistic.  Smile

Big Grin A progressive patriot Big Grin hark at you getting all Billy “the wanka” Bragg on me!
(05-06-2022, 10:13 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2022, 09:46 AM)Deebo Wrote: [ -> ]Casting my mind back to 66 if you’d asked this question I’m convinced it would have been overwhelmingly in favour of England. Remembering that amazing feeling after becoming champions of the world and everyone in the country shared in the glory it’s a shame that tribalism has fractured our country to such an extent that we’d rather have our own little party than everyone being able to join in. Still England for me.

I do agree about the comments about the current players though.

66 was great but any feeling of euphoria when we won the world cup was offset by a feeling of guilt because that ball never crossed the line, but in any case it did not come close to the feeling of euphoria when we won promotion to the prem in 2003, or won the FA Cup in 2008.

I felt no guilt whatsover about whether the ball crossed the line, and if I felt any emotion at all I can't remember because I was stuck out in the back garden in a pram. With my back to the window.
Peeortsmuff for me every time, although recently my patience has been tested. I don't think Southgate is a winner so not expecting to win anything under him but hope I'm wrong.
(05-06-2022, 10:11 AM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]“ A bit like Tuffers and co all rushing to get Irish passports.” I’m not eligible for an Irish passport Guff, That’s why I’m invested in outing racist dins. If you can’t move house you have to repair it.

England over Pompey. Down with parochialism.

Well, well, well, Tufnell using the ‘racist’ card again, who could possibly have predicted that?

You could move house any time you fucking like mush, you just haven’t got the bottle to do it.

Not that any fucker would want you anyway.

The fact that an empty vessel like you would call someone else a din is hilarious in itself.

Have a nice day in the England you seem to despise.  Smile
Someone's had a good jubilee, now go and sleep it off. Din.
Pompey.
Pompey for me also, though have to point out that it would be promotion to the Championship not League One. As previously said I think, read, dream about Pompey every day. England really only when the big tournaments are on.
(05-06-2022, 07:28 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Someone's had a good jubilee, now go and sleep it off. Din.

Feck me that was witty, had to strain the brain cell there Tufnell.

I had a very good Jubilee with lots of happy people enjoying themselves, obviously enjoyment is an alien concept to a miserable cretin such as your good self  Smile .
Pompey first and only. England doesn't feature for me at all and I think the last international game I watched was the 1990 WC final.
(06-06-2022, 04:54 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2022, 07:28 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Someone's had a good jubilee, now go and sleep it off. Din.

I had a very good Jubilee with lots of happy people enjoying themselves, obviously enjoyment is an alien concept to a miserable cretin such as your good self  Smile .

What a thoroughly unpleasant individual you are Guff. In your last years and you spend them abusing strangers on the internet. Classy.
Definitely Pompey. I didn't even realise England played on Saturday until there was something about the team on the radio this morning. Wasn't always the case, very much invested in the England team in the 80s and 90s but that interest has long since waned.

I'll doubtless watch the World Cup Games but not at all interested in this Nations League nonsense.
(07-06-2022, 08:39 AM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2022, 04:54 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]

What a thoroughly unpleasant individual you are Guff. In your last years and you spend them abusing strangers on the internet. Classy.

I think even at his age he still has a lot of pent up childhood anger remaining.  The passive aggressive smilies are a good indicator.
Or Liverpool even. I don't mind, unless they're playing each other. And I don't mind that either, but I have to be careful which accent I use depending on where I'm sitting...

And I'm not Irish enough for a passport either, but we do have right of residence under the Common Travel Area. It may yet come to that. But I'll probably just stay here and keep provoking the gammons.
(07-06-2022, 08:57 AM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely Pompey. I didn't even realise England played on Saturday until there was something about the team on the radio this morning. Wasn't always the case, very much invested in the England team in the 80s and 90s but that interest has long since waned.

I'll doubtless watch the World Cup Games but not at all interested in this Nations League nonsense.

I don’t think that many are interested in the Nations thing.
(07-06-2022, 09:05 AM)scouse Wrote: [ -> ]Or Liverpool even. I don't mind, unless they're playing each other. And I don't mind that either, but I have to be careful which accent I use depending on where I'm sitting...

And I'm not Irish enough for a passport either, but we do have right of residence under the Common Travel Area. It may yet come to that. But I'll probably just stay here and keep provoking the gammons.

Provoking the gammons?  Big Grin You are not provoking us, you are merely confirming that we are winning the ideological war.

Gammon Army. The country’s backbone.  Big Grin
Looking forward to winter when we can feast until our bellies pop and heat our homes on ideology.
Well that took longer than I expected. I thought they'd be provoked quicker than that.
Winning the ideological war? More like deferring the inevitable. The Gammons will all be dead within 30 years.
Thank goodness, as the country will then be in hands of gender fluid libs who can't even decide what sex they are never mind make governmental decisions. It wont matter anyway as we'll mostly be speaking mandarin by then.
(07-06-2022, 06:58 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Winning the ideological war? More like deferring the inevitable. The Gammons will all be dead within 30 years.

Most is us will be gone long before then thank fuck.

We can leave you all to the gender confused, dark, cold and piss poor country you will have created.

You’d better have the prayer mats ready and gen up on where East is too.

I hope you all enjoy it  Smile .

Deebo

And there was me thinking we’re just beginning a bright new dawn.
(07-06-2022, 06:58 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Winning the ideological war? More like deferring the inevitable. The Gammons will all be dead within 30 years.

Big Grin Not a chance moosh, good stock breeds good stock. We ain’t dying out, we are increasing. It’s the limp wristed, wishy washy, tree hugging beta males that will be extinct within a generation. Reproducing is difficult when you have bollocks the size of peas. Big Grin

Gammon Army, the future is ours!
I don't mind lesbians ruling the world, I just want them to be tonguing each other naked whilst they do it, dripping in grool
That’s a very 1980s outlook on lesbianism  Big Grin Nowadays one of the couple probably self identifies as a man, calls “himself” Russell and insists on using the urinals in the little boys room for a piss! A far cry from your little fantasy Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4