TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: England or Pompey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(07-06-2022, 06:00 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2022, 08:57 AM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely Pompey. I didn't even realise England played on Saturday until there was something about the team on the radio this morning. Wasn't always the case, very much invested in the England team in the 80s and 90s but that interest has long since waned.

I'll doubtless watch the World Cup Games but not at all interested in this Nations League nonsense.

I don’t think that many are interested in the Nations thing.

I thought it was a decent idea to replace a string of endless friendlies. Trouble is they then play the meaningless friendlies as well!
England all the way, Stuart Broad, Joe Root and Co just thrashed the No1 rated test team.

Sport played as it should be played.
Pompey all the way.
(08-06-2022, 10:11 PM)brian bromley Wrote: [ -> ]England all the way, Stuart Broad, Joe Root and Co just thrashed the No1 rated test team.

Used to be the same for me but now it's only pompey.  Never watched a single minute of the nations league and have no intention of watching any of the world cup™. Anybody who watches that should be ashamed of themselves. I'm actually pleased l1 carries on as normal as this shameful event takes place.

Not a snowflake, lefty etc. I just have a conscience.
exgaffer Wrote:
scumslayer Wrote:Winning the ideological war? More like deferring the inevitable. The Gammons will all be dead within 30 years.

Most is us will be gone long before then thank fuck.

We can leave you all to the gender confused, dark, cold and piss poor country you will have created.

You’d better have the prayer mats ready and gen up on where East is too.

I hope you all enjoy it  Smile .

Well done for chucking in a bit of Islamophobia there. Powell was wrong in 1968 and you're still wrong 50 years later. Anyone for a ruby?
(09-06-2022, 04:04 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-06-2022, 10:11 PM)brian bromley Wrote: [ -> ]England all the way, Stuart Broad, Joe Root and Co just thrashed the No1 rated test team.

Used to be the same for me but now it's only pompey.  Never watched a single minute of the nations league and have no intention of watching any of the world cup™. Anybody who watches that should be ashamed of themselves. I'm actually pleased l1 carries on as normal as this shameful event takes place.

whooooossshhhh
I know that it is a baited hook Billy Boy but I will take the nibble anyway. How was Powell wrong? From where I am sitting it looks as though he was spot on, other than the fact that he actually underestimated figures.
(09-06-2022, 04:23 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]
exgaffer Wrote:
scumslayer Wrote:Winning the ideological war? More like deferring the inevitable. The Gammons will all be dead within 30 years.

Most is us will be gone long before then thank fuck.

We can leave you all to the gender confused, dark, cold and piss poor country you will have created.

You’d better have the prayer mats ready and gen up on where East is too.

I hope you all enjoy it  Smile .

Well done for chucking in a bit of Islamophobia there. Powell was wrong in 1968 and you're still wrong 50 years later. Anyone for a ruby?

Ha ha ha, I knew a ‘phobia’ would be invoked on this one.

Nothing phobic about it, just pointing out what is obvious to all but the intentionally blinkered, or the totally stupid. Which of those best describes you Billy?  Smile 

Powell was absolutely right of course.

Interesting that you should contest the point bearing in mind recent events in Bolton, Blackburn, Bradford and, of course, London, not to mention the teacher who is still receiving police protection for offending our cultural ‘enrichers’. This is just the beginning, glad I won’t be around to see the inevitable conclusion.

I certainly won’t be feeling ashamed when I watch the World Cup.
If Guff was born four hundred years ago, he'd be banging on about how we're all going to get overun by the Huguenots, this sort of Great Reset bollocks is nothing new.
Instead of chucking up the usual bullshit smokescreen. Enlighten us on what Powell got wrong or have you not listened to that speech?
(09-06-2022, 05:40 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

I certainly won’t be feeling ashamed when I watch the World Cup.

Ditto, I'll be watching the Nations League too, not sure of what or why I should  feel ashamed

Deebo

We should all be feeling ashamed that we don’t know what we should be feeling ashamed about.
If you don’t know , you should be ashamed for not knowing
Yeah, shame….
(09-06-2022, 05:46 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]If Guff was born four hundred years ago, he'd be banging on about how we're all going to get overun by the Huguenots, this sort of Great Reset bollocks is nothing new.

How are the Huguenots remotely comparable? They moved to Protestant states like Britain, the Netherlands and the like because they were Protestants. If followers of Islam are so convinced it’s a good idea, they should migrate to Islamic states. It’s not like there aren’t loads of them to choose from now is it? 

Back then we gave a feck about blasphemy, now we don’t and we don’t want 7th century religions gaining a foothold in the UK. We don’t want to regress a few centuries.

As for the Great Reset, I refer you to the World Economic Forum, it’s their idea not mine.

For someone who fancies himself as a political pundit, you really aren’t that well informed are you?
Guff, I didn't say the Great Reset was your idea - I actually said it was nothing new, I think your reading what you want to be outraged by not by what's actually been said. You're as sucked in as Lil'Mix with this WEF stuff - someone else with too much time on their hands getting all fraidy-cat about something that's never going to happen. The sky is not falling in, and I'm no pundit - I'm just another noise on the interweb, just like everyone else ('cept Ex).
Having watched the turgid draw between England and Italy last night, it is even less difficult to see why the majority on here choose Pompey over England. Yes International players are better than ours and I know we moan about League One but it is more exciting and more passion shown by the players than you see 9 times out of 10 in an international match.
(12-06-2022, 06:39 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]Having watched the turgid draw between England and Italy last night, it is even less difficult to see why the majority on here choose Pompey over England. Yes International players are better than ours and I know we moan about League One but it is more exciting and more passion shown by the players than you see 9 times out of 10 in an international match.

The OP talked about winning the WC or Pompey being promoted, I don’t think anyone would pick a pointless England game over watching Pompey.
But it was only a friendly. Last Pompey friendly I saw was at Bromley and Collins Mbesuma played....
Absolutely no contest Pompey all day long.
Has Southgate been taking coaching lessons from Kenny?
Just watching a few mins of the latest pitiful England display... great prep for the World Cup... making Pompey look like world beaters! Experimental and tired teams or not GS seems to have gone from champ to chump in a few easy moves!
What a shambles. Kenny for England!
I didn't see the game but how can Southgate stay on after that shambles!
Pages: 1 2 3 4