TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Eisner running low on patience?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quoted in the News.
"Great determination at the end

BUT A MATCH WE SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED 3 POINTS FROM"

Is he finally running out of patience? 
One thing, with ifollow, he can see exactly what is going on match by match.
Well if he wants to live to see us play at a higher level we do have to get on with it, he isn't a young man, and if we are still in League 1 next season when the next round of financial fair play rules kick in and equalise the wage bills irrespective of club size, we are going to struggle like fuck.

That all said, I admire the eat what we kill approach and I hope he does get to see us in the Prem.
agreed
It's an interesting one. On the one hand, they have given Kenny plenty of time , resources and backing to get promotion. There is no doubt Kenny has under achieved so far.

However, the Eisners have been naive in not understanding how important January transfer windows are. Additionally in previous seasons it seems as though they have encouraged kenny to do well in the cups. Not understanding the impact this has at the end of the season.

This season has changed and it looks like they've given the ultimatum to Kenny of promotion or taxi. Too little too late? We'll see. But there are half a dozen managers in this league who could have got us promoted within 4 years.
although the cups did make a lot of money that paid for a couple of significant signings
(07-02-2021, 02:00 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]although the cups did make a lot of money that paid for a couple of significant signings

signings which he subsequently failed to use to effect.
For balance, I look at Sunderland as a club with the same goals and urgencies and look at the number of managers they have burned through.

They're paying the salary of three bosses at the same time at the moment.
(07-02-2021, 09:59 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]For balance, I look at Sunderland as a club with the same goals and urgencies and look at the number of managers they have burned through.

They're paying the salary of three bosses at the same time at the moment.

First signs that he is not happy. Good news.
Yes, KJ has been given a Free hand with very little or No interference but patience is finally running out.

They just see Pompey as another Sports business to generate as much cash as possible.

But failed to understand the reasons for strengthening in the January Window.

Hopefully, this time the squad is strong enough & rotate players correctly to keep them fresh with so many games yet to play.
Probably the first public sign of restlessness from the Chairman. He clearly has a level of expectation which, I would suggest, is that Pompey are good enough and should be consistently contesting for automatic promotion not currently loitering outside those places, 6 points off top spot. He’s right Pompey are good enough but frustratingly for whatever reason they can potentially falter at any stage of the season as we’ve seen recently. Add into the mix that Fratton Park is anything but a fortress and that our strikers are struggling to meet the footballing definition of that role ie scoring goals and you can understand the Chairman’s apparent restlessness, which is not going to be eased by anything other than a convincing win on Tuesday.
It’s not like he hasn’t been given a chance is it?

Jackett has a great squad but his team selections are baffling, to put it mildly.

Eisner’s patience has been quite remarkable up to now.
Time to be ruthless now, miss out on promotion sack Jacket 
Get promoted, sack jacket.
Either way it’s got to happen and they need to plan for the future.
If I was paying the wages, I’d get rid now.
Replace him with somebody who has a good record in play-offs.
Let's have some realistic names then with better stats than Jackett, and (all importantly) with a better playing style...?
(07-02-2021, 08:07 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Let's have some realistic names then with better stats than Jackett, and (all importantly) with a better playing style...?

Moore or Appleton, one or possibly both wont get promoted. But they've showed exactly what can be done on far smaller budgets than we have. Could come in very handy with the salary cap should we stay in L1. Both also have their teams playing far superior football to us.
Imagine what Moore could have done with our budget & 4 years to get it right!

Appleton can suck my stinky one though. Dropped us like a stone when he was here. But yes, he would have had us promoted, too.
I'd have Appleton any day, he was shafted by us. Can't see how he dropped us like a stone when he was lied to from day one and had to work with owners who were selling players without his knowledge. He's be a great fit here.