TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Keep quiet u till the 10th June for new layers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Anyone else think the 10t of June will be as quiet as it is today?
(05-06-2022, 09:31 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else think the 10t of June will be as quiet as it is today?

Is the window only open for 1 day?
Yeah they forecast rain and gales for the 11th
I think its more the point of holding the club representatives to account for the things they say.

They told us not to worry about players sounding off about lack of contact because they were keeping everything under wraps til the 10th.

Don't expect us to forget that when the date arrives.
Or let them get on with their jobs.
The squad post January was pretty good and with most of them kept is a sound basis.

at least we won't be waiting til after a world cup to make our signings.
All of our best players were loans. We have zero strikers and the only one who said he wanted to stay we were complacent with. We also don't seem fussed about keeping our only creative midfielder either.

It is a mess. There is a huge amount of work to do and they have had a long timw to get their ducks in a row for this season.

So when the CEO say that they have been doing deals but that we won't hear about them until June 10th, I wait patiently to call bullshit. It is a mess behind the scenes, it has to be, to be in the state we are in after 5 years of ownership.
(05-06-2022, 11:36 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]All of our best players were loans. We have zero strikers and the only one who said he wanted to stay we were complacent with. We also don't seem fussed about keeping our only creative midfielder either.

It is a mess. There is a huge amount of work to do and they have had a long timw to get their ducks in a row for this season.

So when the CEO say that they have been doing deals but that we won't hear about them until June 10th, I wait patiently to call bullshit. It is a mess behind the scenes, it has to be, to be in the state we are in after 5 years of ownership.

But you don’t have any clue what is being done do you?
(05-06-2022, 11:48 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2022, 11:36 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]All of our best players were loans. We have zero strikers and the only one who said he wanted to stay we were complacent with. We also don't seem fussed about keeping our only creative midfielder either.

Nor do they
(05-06-2022, 12:58 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2022, 11:48 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Nor do they

True, hopefully they will sell the club back to the “fans” and we can go broke again.

I really think the billionaires should get 2 successful business  moguls like you and Pedalo to run the club.
Hi Eric
and going back to the title, looks like the club is going to buy a couple of thousand Araucana chickens and make some money selling pompey blue eggs.
(05-06-2022, 02:59 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Eric

Hi, we desperately need a couple of football recruitment experts to come in and sort everything for us. Can you email me your CV’s?
I'm glad you agree
Free transfer top players get snapped up early in the window, by the people willing to pay the money and we are not that type of club anymore. We will get our best players again via loans.

And I have a feeling we will struggle again to get into the top 6.
Surely there's an undertone to all this or, put more accurately 'the elephant in the room'. The Eisners won't spend the money; when squeezed they'll spend some money but not enough. Even though they own one of the most famous clubs in the land they really don't get football (or soccer) in this country and it's importance to the city and the immediate area. They won't invest the type of money to build a squad for a promotion challenge especially when you are starting off off from such a low basepoint signified by the  fact that we haven't got a single striker on the books. I just want see us compete with our peers at this level (Bolton, Plymouth, Sheffield W, Ipswich etc) in terms of the overall playing budget rather than getting knocked back by smaller clubs that offer a better opportunity to potential players than sick old man on th esouth coast. But fair enough let's wait and see,
(05-06-2022, 06:12 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I'm glad you agree

We really need your expertise
(05-06-2022, 10:28 PM)blueandwight Wrote: [ -> ]Surely there's an undertone to all this or, put more accurately 'the elephant in the room'. The Eisners won't spend the money; when squeezed they'll spend some money but not enough. Even though they own one of the most famous clubs in the land they really don't get football (or soccer) in this country and it's importance to the city and the immediate area. They won't invest the type of money to build a squad for a promotion challenge especially when you are starting off off from such a low basepoint signified by the  fact that we haven't got a single striker on the books. I just want see us compete with our peers at this level (Bolton, Plymouth, Sheffield W, Ipswich etc) in terms of the overall playing budget rather than getting knocked back by smaller clubs that offer a better opportunity to potential players than sick old man on th esouth coast. But fair enough let's wait and see,

The problem is that money spent doesn’t equal success.
(06-06-2022, 06:51 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2022, 10:28 PM)blueandwight Wrote: [ -> ]Surely there's an undertone to all this or, put more accurately 'the elephant in the room'. The Eisners won't spend the money; when squeezed they'll spend some money but not enough. Even though they own one of the most famous clubs in the land they really don't get football (or soccer) in this country and it's importance to the city and the immediate area. They won't invest the type of money to build a squad for a promotion challenge especially when you are starting off off from such a low basepoint signified by the  fact that we haven't got a single striker on the books. I just want see us compete with our peers at this level (Bolton, Plymouth, Sheffield W, Ipswich etc) in terms of the overall playing budget rather than getting knocked back by smaller clubs that offer a better opportunity to potential players than sick old man on th esouth coast. But fair enough let's wait and see,

The problem is that money spent doesn’t equal success.

Nope but it does give you a better chance of it if spent wisely.

Don't tell Dan Gifford that
Looking into my crystal ball I foresee much bedwetting over the striker situation whilst we wait and get Hirst at the last minute.
(06-06-2022, 09:14 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Looking into my crystal ball I foresee much bedwetting over the striker situation whilst we wait and get Hirst at the last minute.

It’s not just the striker situation though (you are aware that we need 3 of them at least). We need to sign another 8-10 players.

I’ll hold it in until the end of the week and then it’ll be down to the laundrette for me. 
What will be will be. It’ll all come down to wages. I’d like to see O’Brien sign, pick up a decent L2 or non league striker and take a championship/ premiership loanee .
(06-06-2022, 12:25 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2022, 09:14 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Looking into my crystal ball I foresee much bedwetting over the striker situation whilst we wait and get Hirst at the last minute.

It’s not just the striker situation though (you are aware that we need 3 of them at least). We need to sign another 8-10 players.

I’ll hold it in until the end of the week and then it’ll be down to the laundrette for me. 

I thought you lived in the launderette?!

The window is open beyond this week.

I can just see us spending the whole budget and then someone becomes available but we can’t sign them because we’ve done the lot and you’ll be moaning that we did our business too early.
(06-06-2022, 12:35 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]What will be will be. It’ll all come down to wages. I’d like to see O’Brien sign, pick up a decent L2 or non league striker and take a championship/ premiership loanee .

How about Harry Mckirdy from Swindon?
Dont Crucify me for this, Daniel Sturridge has been let go by Perth Glory. Now I appreciate he is not a young man in footballing terms anymore, but he could easily bang the goals in for us in League 1 FFS. Give him a one year contract or a pay-per-play deal, I'm sure he is not ready to retire just yet.
Other than that, Gareth Bale is available....
Pages: 1 2 3 4