TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Ronan Curtis looks to be off
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
to Hibernian is the SPL or Blackburn or Preston in the Chumpionship. 

Fee believed to be around £500k.

He didn't have his best season last year. Can be a match winner on his day, but too inconsistent.
He is best off leaving,seems to have gone stale here and can't see another contract for him
Good luck to him if it happens - he doesn't owe Pompey anything and you can't deny him the opportunity to play in the Championship, which let's face it isn't likely to happen with Pompey any time in the next few years, or the SPL.
(13-06-2022, 12:42 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: [ -> ]Good luck to him if it happens - he doesn't owe Pompey anything and you can't deny him the oppoerunity to play in the Championship, which let's face it isn't likely to happen with Pompey any time in the next few years, or the SPL.

I won’t be sad to see him go but I wish him all the best.

On his day he can be a match winner but sadly his ‘days’ seem to have declined in number. I also think his delivery into the box leaves a lot to be desired, he always cuts in and attempts a shot, he needs to mix it up a bit. The standard in the SPL isn’t that great if you take the big two out of the equation, so I think he’d be going backwards if he signs for Hibs. He should set his sights on the Championship if he really wants to progress.

Hopefully his departure will free up funds so we can sign somebody half decent.
Last year £1m this year 500k. Take it while we can. Personally I think Ronan would’ve progressed if Pompey had progressed but last season was disappointing for him ( and us).
(13-06-2022, 01:16 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Last year £1m this year 500k. Take it while we can. Personally I think Ronan would’ve progressed if Pompey had progressed but last season was disappointing for him ( and us).

Fair comment bta.

Sadly we will never know now.
A committed Pompey player who I will be disappointed to see go but good luck to him - needs to test himself at a higher level.
He’s decent and can be a match winner but I think both parties need to move on, same with Harness.
500k is a good deal. But if we could have got 1M for him last year, we should have taken it. Hopefully Ronan can hit some form north of the border.

This is good news really.
500k is only good business if we use it in the playing budget.
(13-06-2022, 02:27 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]500k is only good business if we use it in the playing budget.

Where else would we use it ?  The money for the ground works is ring-fenced, and 'eat what you kill' says we use it on the playing side. 

We probably should have sold him for a million earlier, but with 12 months left on his contract 500k is a decent fee. 

Bought for 100k, sold for 500k with four years decent service makes him a success story, and I'll wish him well. Will be a bit sorry to see someone who clearly 'gets' Pompey leave, but can see he needs a move to re-ignite his international career and Hibs would not be a bad move with that in mind.
(13-06-2022, 03:21 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-06-2022, 02:27 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]500k is only good business if we use it in the playing budget.

Where else would we use it ?  The money for the ground works is ring-fenced, and 'eat what you kill' says we use it on the playing side. 

We probably should have sold him for a million earlier, but with 12 months left on his contract 500k is a decent fee. 

Bought for 100k, sold for 500k with four years decent service makes him a success story, and I'll wish him well. Will be a bit sorry to see someone who clearly 'gets' Pompey leave, but can see he needs a move to re-ignite his international career and Hibs would not be a bad move with that in mind.

Not sure he gets Pompey, he removed us from his social media bio’s.
Good luck to him.3 excellent years, one rather disappointing (partly due to being messed about and made to play all over the pitch by the manager?) 40 goals, numerous assists, passionate and a 400k profit all seems good to me. A fresh start is what he needs and Pompey need the cash rather than a jaded player.

Haven't seen much signing evidence of what we saved on Marquis and Harrison yet. Maybe we will upgrade the pine-effect cladding on the North Stand bars or make comfier seats in the TV gantry.
(13-06-2022, 03:24 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Not sure he gets Pompey, he removed us from his social media bio’s.

That and allegedly thumping fans on nights out.
Well I must be missing something here…. We are a truly progressive club  eh ..we sell out most creative player and according to the radio tonight DC saying he can buy at least 2 players now as it also releases some wages .,, really ..have we sunk so low that we are happy with the status quo….or   if  we need to buy more than 2 which we clearly do……the  fee will be even less .. I am not asking to spend a fortune … just to be competitive ….  Also Curtis can’t be one of the big wage earners he was non league Ireland when we found him … It truly makes my blood boil … Let’s hope it is spent wisely although not convinced. 

Good luck Ronan we wish you all the best Thankyou for your service.

I am a season ticket holder of 40 years …my patience is wearing thin  the thinnest it has ever been …we fans seem to have accepted mediocrity and league 1 football and a mid table finish at best … I probably won’t renew I have had enough… I need to get that fire in my belly and to do that I need hope and passion … something that KJ and ME seem to have drained out of me …. I need to at least think  my beloved club are moving forward … on the pitch …and don’t think we are in 5 years . It all seems embarrassing … we can’t even compete with league 2 teams for players now … what has happened to my famous old club….

Can anyone offer anything to convince me we are on the up …on the pitch.
(13-06-2022, 04:40 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]

Haven't seen much signing evidence of what we saved on Marquis and Harrison yet. Maybe we will upgrade the pine-effect cladding on the North Stand bars or make comfier seats in the TV gantry.

The wages saved on Marquis & Harrison went towards the wages for Walker & O'Brien, and will go on whoever we sign as forwards during the summer.
(13-06-2022, 05:26 PM)Harrysgirl Wrote: [ -> ]Well I must be missing something here…. We are a truly progressive club  eh ..we sell out most creative player and according to the radio tonight DC saying he can buy at least 2 players now as it also releases some wages .,, really ..have we sunk so low that we are happy with the status quo….or   if  we need to buy more than 2 which we clearly do……the  fee will be even less .. I am not asking to spend a fortune … just to be competitive ….  Also Curtis can’t be one of the big wage earners he was non league Ireland when we found him … It truly makes my blood boil … Let’s hope it is spent wisely although not convinced. 

Good luck Ronan we wish you all the best Thankyou for your service.

I am a season ticket holder of 40 years …my patience is wearing thin  the thinnest it has ever been …we fans seem to have accepted mediocrity and league 1 football and a mid table finish at best … I probably won’t renew I have had enough… I need to get that fire in my belly and to do that I need hope and passion … something that KJ and ME seem to have drained out of me …. I need to at least think  my beloved club are moving forward … on the pitch …and don’t think we are in 5 years . It all seems embarrassing … we can’t even compete with league 2 teams for players now … what has happened to my famous old club….

Can anyone offer anything to convince me we are on the up …on the pitch.
Creative? In what way?
Good luck at Hibs, finished 8th out of 12, 50 points off the top. I’d suggest he’s not as highly rated outside Pompey as he thinks he is.

Currently speculation of course, not confirmed.
Classic pompey move. Sell our key players early then spend the summer trying to get cheaper players before signing desperate gambles last minute. All the time wondering why suddenly the price tag of our targets has mysteriously gone up after we sell a player. How's about we have actual signings before getting rid of anyone vaguely settled or talented? 

Obviously this excludes harness, who can sod off anytime to non league as far as I'm concerned.
Well I sincerely hope we can find a couple of players capable of replacing Curtis and Harness's goal contributions
(13-06-2022, 05:51 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]Classic pompey move. Sell our key players early then spend the summer trying to get cheaper players before signing desperate gambles last minute. All the time wondering why suddenly the price tag of our targets has mysteriously gone up after we sell a player. How's about we have actual signings before getting rid of anyone vaguely settled or talented? 

Obviously this excludes harness, who can sod off anytime to non league as far as I'm concerned.

Because the price for the player we would be desperately trying to sell would go down because clubs would know we had to sell.

DC would have known there was interest and planning for it.
Might be worth trying for a decent sell-on fee just in case he does go , and does (very) well!
500k ( 5kpw) could pay the wages of 2 decent/ experienced players if we pick them up free
One player plus the uplift for Jacobs I would wager
Pages: 1 2 3