TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Will the ground be ready in time ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hope it is, but I popped in today and there seems a hell of a lot to do.
Working numbers were sparse too.
There has been a lot done since April, South Stand looks good, tricky metalwork going on.
It's a huge job, good luck getting it ready in time.
big big job but lots of progress so far. The vid on YouTube recently was interesting and I get the impression they are fairly confident particularly if we get an extra week by being away from home on opening day. As you say.. good luck to them achieving all this in one summer.
Was there mention of requesting an away game to start with which would give them an extra couple of weeks?
I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that they have formally asked for that. It's relatively standard procedure.
(15-06-2022, 10:16 AM)countofmontecristo Wrote: [ -> ]I hope it is, but I popped in today and there seems a hell of a lot to do.
Working numbers were sparse too.
There has been a lot done since April, South Stand looks good, tricky metalwork going on.
It's a huge job, good luck getting it ready in time.

Of course, we can dismiss out of hand the view of the Project Manager in charge, compared to your detailed, highly experienced view. No disrespect, of course.
There's a novel thought, giving somebody a job and letting them get the feck on with it without everyone bitching and moaning all the time!

Deebo

(15-06-2022, 03:34 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]There's a novel thought, giving somebody a job and letting them get the feck on with it without everyone bitching and moaning all the time!

Spoilsport.
Eisners fault, they should be out there in the JCB.
And what are the plans for making the most of the enhanced catering outlets?
Are we bringing it in house?
Sticking with the previous contracted out arrangement?
Stocking a proper pasty?
(15-06-2022, 04:04 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Eisners fault, they should be out there in the JCB.

If only Mandaric switched his on
The South Stand really will look really good, it's a massive effort, Milton end good, North stand seats and concrete going well.
Bars look good below North stand.
Will be lots of snagging and a massive sweep up at the end.
Again, good luck to all. Good vision and positive thinking going forward.
Now, about the squad.........
Article today saying things are ahead of schedule and work on Milton End being brought forward by a few months.
Milton end will be brought forward by more than 6 months. Good news. Completed early 2024. Work starts likely October.
This can't be right surely, I heard there was something rotten at the club??

Deebo

This is all well and good but when’s the statue of Westwood ringing his bell in Frogmore Road going to be finished?
(16-06-2022, 09:13 AM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]This can't be right surely, I heard there was something rotten at the club??

Yep I heard they were selling to Chainrai.