TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Pre season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like a great squad put together, ready to hit the ground running for the season...
Reported as spam.
Youre in a minority of 1 g100. You are a pest.
(19-06-2022, 06:35 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Youre in a minority of 1 g100. You are a pest.

I think the pest is the one who starts threads with pathetic negative sh1t moaning like the window has closed and we haven’t signed anyone. If we blew the budget on day 1 and then players became available you’d be moaning that we didn’t sign them too.

We’ll sign players just try and stop p1ssing yourself every day.
We will be in a relegation battle this year. Lower mid table at best.
Bit early for predictions.
May be an idea to hold fire, hold our nerve and see if and how things progress. If it does end up all going Pete Tong we can then all blub and cry together
(19-06-2022, 06:47 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]We will be in a relegation battle this year. Lower mid table at best.

And here’s your boyfriend.

£50 says we finish top half?
the squad we kept are almost all decent for this league. We all know the strike force is the big worry along with a GK
Might still be waiting to sell Harness or Curtis. Would look stupid if we bought in some cheap players then had money but no space in the squad to spend it?
And we warned long ago that to get back any of the loans from lat year, we would have to be patient.
We might sell harness and Curtis.
I wouldn't mind but we will be waiting to sell them unless it's for peanuts until close to the start of the season.
We need a gk, for me, a cb because Clark is an injury prone risk.
We need a box to box creative midfielder and at least 3 strikers. We need a RB as well.
That's a spine of a side. We don't even have a spine. You must admit that that state of affairs is terrible planning for a season.
From that perspective, Ped is right.
We WERE told to expect deals that had been lined up on the 10th of this month.
There has been nothing. It was a lie, bare faced infact. Just be honest with the fans. 'Nothing to report'!
They are worried about season ticket sales. They will drift and they will drift because of a lack of playing investment. Pompey have stagnated. The ground improvements are yielding no extra seats or income. The ground isn't getting anyone excited Arthur Leitch or not ffs!
We want to be entertained. We were sporadically last season and this season isn't looking good.
We may be surprised in the coming weeks but I've been watching pompey regularly since 1979.
Few have filled me ith as much apathy as we now face. That's just a single fan's view but I bet many others feel the same.
We see sides smaller than us sign exciting young talent and having a go. We've just been given excuse after excuse.
I hope it changes and will be the first to say so but for now, not impressed.
(19-06-2022, 06:41 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-06-2022, 06:35 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Youre in a minority of 1 g100. You are a pest.

I think the pest is the one who starts threads with pathetic negative sh1t moaning like the window has closed and we haven’t signed anyone. If we blew the budget on day 1 and then players became available you’d be moaning that we didn’t sign them too.

Please explain to me how Danny and Nicky are going to set up the team for the season with no strikers on the books whatsoever. How are the attacking drills going to play out?

Putting aside the glaringly obvious point of there not being enough players to have an XI game. They can't even practise attack against defense. 

This is perfectly fine in your book though. Moron. 

Fair enough get annoyed with my moaning but don't make up hypotheticals about being annoyed with signing players too early. It shows you haven't got a sufficient counter argument.
Other points of view are available g100
of course we could gamble on a non league striker but our record in that area is pretty poor.
and if he started badly, the crowd would destroy him rapidly
Everything points to a relegation battle this season. That's not being negative, look at the squad and some of the dross we are linked with.
1st Team Squad

Gk's - Bass

Defenders - Hume, Robertson, Mnoga, Freeman, Ogilvie, Raggett, Vincent

Midfielders - Tunnicliffe, Harness, Curtis, Morrell (inj), Thompson,Jacobs ,Mingi.

Forwards - O'Brien, Recco, Reid

That's a squad of 18 for tomorrow if O'Brien turns up.
We need strengthening in every position except wingers.
(19-06-2022, 09:45 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Everything points to a relegation battle this season. That's not being negative, look at the squad and some of the dross we are linked with.

The transfer window is still open!!

You taking my bet then?
(19-06-2022, 08:55 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-06-2022, 06:41 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Please explain to me how Danny and Nicky are going to set up the team for the season with no strikers on the books whatsoever. How are the attacking drills going to play out?

Putting aside the glaringly obvious point of there not being enough players to have an XI game. They can't even practise attack against defense. 

This is perfectly fine in your book though. Moron. 

Fair enough get annoyed with my moaning but don't make up hypotheticals about being annoyed with signing players too early. It shows you haven't got a sufficient counter argument.

The counter argument is that the window is still open as it’s been pointed out numerous times. It’s not even been open 2 weeks.

We all know the issues, there’s plenty of active threads pointing them out.

I don’t agree with DC’s transfer policy, I don’t want DC to be manager but save the bed wetting for a months time.

With your connections, you must know what deals are in the pipeline?!
I can't believe anybody thought we would actually make signings on 10th June. They say this every year, do nothing and then are on their back feet for most of the summer trying to stop season ticket sales collapsing. Deep down we all know it'll be a last minute thing with signings that nobody has heard of before. Take away Azeez and Hirst, I think Cowley has made some decent signings despite having limited funds.

I don't think we are frighteningly bad. We have a budget and a manager that is delivering what the owners want - a top 10 team that isn't in danger of going up or getting relegated. The L1 table last season showed the huge divide between the top half and the bottom. All the current building work is just protecting the owner's investment and ensuring the assets don't crumble away. It's all going to Eisner's plans really.

I understand our current position because at the end of the day clubs like Peterborough, Ipswich, Derby, Sheffield Wednesday etc will chuck the cash and we won't. I hope that there will be a day when better financially run clubs will benefit from this strategy but I can't see it happening anytime soon.

I just wish we didn't look so small time and amateurish. Watch the Aston Villa refurbishment plan link that follows our FP ground update on youtube and you'll find there's more to life than wood-effect concessionary stands....
(20-06-2022, 09:23 AM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]I can't believe anybody thought we would actually make signings on 10th June. They say this every year, do nothing and then are on their back feet for most of the summer trying to stop season ticket sales collapsing. Deep down we all know it'll be a last minute thing with signings that nobody has heard of before. Take away Azeez and Hirst, I think Cowley has made some decent signings despite having limited funds.

I don't think we are frighteningly bad. We have a budget and a manager that is delivering what the owners want - a top 10 team that isn't in danger of going up or getting relegated. The L1 table last season showed the huge divide between the top half and the bottom. All the current building work is just protecting the owner's investment and ensuring the assets don't crumble away. It's all going to Eisner's plans really.

I understand our current position because at the end of the day clubs like Peterborough, Ipswich, Derby, Sheffield Wednesday etc will chuck the cash and we won't. I hope that there will be a day when better financially run clubs will benefit from this strategy but I can't see it happening anytime soon.

I just wish we didn't look so small time and amateurish. Watch the Aston Villa refurbishment plan link that follows our FP ground update on youtube and you'll find there's more to life than wood-effect concessionary stands....

Let’s not forget of course the Irish international goalkeeper.

If they didn’t protect their investment as you believe then much of the ground would have been closed and then you would complain you couldn’t go.

How did Ipswich get on last year splashing the cash? Derby can’t sign anyone and the reason they can’t is because of admin so I am not sure they are a good example.

Villa? What’s their income?
(20-06-2022, 09:37 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-06-2022, 09:23 AM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]I can't believe anybody thought we would actually make signings on 10th June. They say this every year, do nothing and then are on their back feet for most of the summer trying to stop season ticket sales collapsing. Deep down we all know it'll be a last minute thing with signings that nobody has heard of before. Take away Azeez and Hirst, I think Cowley has made some decent signings despite having limited funds.

If they didn’t protect their investment as you believe then much of the ground would have been closed and then you would complain you couldn’t go.

How did Ipswich get on last year splashing the cash? Derby can’t sign anyone and the reason they can’t is because of admin so I am not sure they are a good example.

All I'm saying is that we cannot expect us to sign the best players for L1 when they will get better offers from Ipswich etc (and I mention Derby if they get a takeover done in time). Peterborough and Wycomble spunked it last time they went up and no doubt Sheff Weds, Bolton, Forest Green etc will do the same this season. It'll work for enough of them that's for sure. We can't do that so we get the drop outs, which I get. Personally, I think Cowley has done reasonably well considering (nobody could foresee just how krap Walker would end up being).

As for the ground, it works both ways and if the ground doesn't get fixed they lose all their money. Also, and most worrying, even with the north stand lower half closed, there wasn't a single game sold out last season so, no I don't think I'd be complaining. No point building concessionary stands when less and less people return to the ground. I don't even know who the ST holders next to me are from last season as they just didn't turn up!

I mentioned Villa as they have been in the same league as (both Prem and Championship) at the same time as us. I appreciate they are a bigger club than us from a much bigger city, but they were in a right mess. It is now FOUR months (more if you count the leaving notice) since our director of football guy left and still not been replaced. Every key step in this club is a constant struggle.

As a long-term season ticket holder, I'm actually looking forward to the new season. Three months is just enough to forget just how shet it is.
(20-06-2022, 11:19 AM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-06-2022, 09:37 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

All I'm saying is that we cannot expect us to sign the best players for L1 when they will get better offers from Ipswich etc (and I mention Derby if they get a takeover done in time). Peterborough and Wycomble spunked it last time they went up and no doubt Sheff Weds, Bolton, Forest Green etc will do the same this season. It'll work for enough of them that's for sure. We can't do that so we get the drop outs, which I get. Personally, I think Cowley has done reasonably well considering (nobody could foresee just how krap Walker would end up being).

As for the ground, it works both ways and if the ground doesn't get fixed they lose all their money. Also, and most worrying, even with the north stand lower half closed, there wasn't a single game sold out last season so, no I don't think I'd be complaining. No point building concessionary stands when less and less people return to the ground. I don't even know who the ST holders next to me are from last season as they just didn't turn up!

I mentioned Villa as they have been in the same league as (both Prem and Championship) at the same time as us. I appreciate they are a bigger club than us from a much bigger city, but they were in a right mess. It is now FOUR months (more if you count the leaving notice) since our director of football guy left and still not been replaced. Every key step in this club is a constant struggle.

As a long-term season ticket holder, I'm actually looking forward to the new season. Three months is just enough to forget just how shet it is.

Joe Morrell chose us over more wages at Ipswich.  Other players will too, these clubs aren’t just offering huge wages to everyone.

You wouldn’t complain if the capacity was down to 10k and the ground was allowed to crumble but you are concerned about the design of the food outlets?

When did a DoF become vital to running a football club? How many have we even had? A handful?

Villa have been in the Prem for a lot longer than us and probably have a turnover 10 times us, probably more than that in fact.

Let’s look at what the owners have done; bought the training ground (when was the last time we owned one?), done more work on the ground than any owner in decades, debt free and sustainable. Under KJ we had a team challenging at least also.
Some people have short memories ; it was the weekly talk amongst fans how boring Jacketball was, when we did get a chance against the Mackem's in the play offs , KJ couldn't motivate the team to score a goal ! I'm glad we don't play Hoofball any more , and so I believe are Leyton Orient who didn't waste three seasons watching that bilge served up by KJ and his chum & got rid sharpish!
PUP
(20-06-2022, 03:39 PM)mike hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Some people have short memories ; it was the weekly talk amongst fans how boring Jacketball was, when we did get a chance against the Mackem's in the play offs , KJ couldn't motivate the team to score a goal ! I'm glad we don't play Hoofball any more  , and so I believe are Leyton Orient who didn't waste three seasons watching that bilge served up by KJ and his chum & got rid sharpish!
PUP

I honestly couldn’t care less what the football is like as long as it’s winning football and we are challenging.

How many games last season could DC not get the team up for scoring?
We'll, happy first day of training everyone. 14 trained