TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Walker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Old article from last month, but only just seen it myself and has drawn a smile.

Absolutely skewered by the Chief Football writer at Cov with damning quotes from Neil Allen. The comments from Cov fans are great too

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.coventr...887553.amp

Bristol Rovers are apparently in for him. Are they mad?
I wonder if he thinks he can just walk on the pitch and automatically turn it on like his father did?
It's amazing how many players destroy their reputation with a bad attitude. Who's going to want him now? He isn't making the grade in the championship and failed at a mid table league 1 club.
£7k pw FFS , wake up Cowley
(20-06-2022, 12:37 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]£7k pw FFS , wake up Cowley

What's Cowley got to do with his wages ??
Plenty, as he knew how much the player was costing. He wanted Walker knowing what the deal was, so yes he is to blame.
As they say on investment adverts, past results are no guarantee of future performance ! walker proved that, I do hope we get a good striker otherwise the season will be a very long one.
DC will have said to Cullen that he wants this player, Championship level, worked with him before and he scored a goal every other game for me at this level, as he had the previous season at Mansfield a level below.  

Yes, he will have known that any championship player would be on the pricey side, but would have no involvement whatsoever in the negotiations with Coventry or in deciding the affordability of the short term loan. DC does not make any financial decisions, he is the head coach. Note, not even the manager. 

I lay the blame for the flop of the loan entirely with the player and his attitude on the pitch, not on how much Cullen & Brown decided to pay him, and not on DC for picking him given what he achieved for him before.
The worst thing about walkers attitude was that supposedly DC was a big part of helping him get his move to the championship, then couldn't be bothered to repay the favour when DC needed it.

But that being said, you're off your rocker Deep with those financial comments. If what you say is true about finances, then why isn't DC aiming higher? Of course he knows the budget, how else is he going to build a balanced squad if he doesn't know how much to spend? It's a decision made by the manager, the cfo and ceo, then sanctioned by the board should they 'overspend'.
(20-06-2022, 03:22 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]DC will have said to Cullen that he wants this player, Championship level, worked with him before and he scored a goal every other game for me at this level, as he had the previous season at Mansfield a level below.  

Yes, he will have known that any championship player would be on the pricey side, but would have no involvement whatsoever in the negotiations with Coventry or in deciding the affordability of the short term loan. DC does not make any financial decisions, he is the head coach. Note, not even the manager. 

I lay the blame for the flop of the loan entirely with the player and his attitude on the pitch, not on how much Cullen & Brown decided to pay him, and not on DC for picking him given what he achieved for him before.

Cullen said on record he told DC he could get 2 players for the wages for Walker.
(20-06-2022, 03:31 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-06-2022, 03:22 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]DC will have said to Cullen that he wants this player, Championship level, worked with him before and he scored a goal every other game for me at this level, as he had the previous season at Mansfield a level below.  

Cullen said on record he told DC he could get 2 players for the wages for Walker.

Yes, and DC may well have said he'd rather have one proven good player than two average ones.  But he would have no say in what those figures were.
(20-06-2022, 03:37 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-06-2022, 03:31 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, and DC may well have said he'd rather have one proven good player than two average ones.  But he would have no say in what those figures were.

No but he did make the financial decision to use up his budget on Walker. Let’s not pretend they wouldn’t have discussed what his wages were.
Bought a lemon didn't he. I'm sure the due diligence was the usual Pompey standard - not any
(20-06-2022, 05:21 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Bought a lemon didn't he. I'm sure the due diligence was the usual Pompey standard - not any

If you were looking to get either Hirst or Walker before the season started I would have gone for Walker due to his record but certainly something was up with him. If he had another spell with us and he was right mentally he would probably score a few.
His record at Coventry was the same as it was here - amateur.
Walker's wages do suggest that the wages are there to get a decent enough strike force. Probably need one to be a loan once more. ditto other positions.
I do hope above all we are not going to have an entire season of NC moaning in every interview!
If he says "I am a positive person" one more fucking time, seriously. You're not Danny. You drip so much you might as well be scouse
(20-06-2022, 07:35 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]His record at Coventry was the same as it was here - amateur.

You’d pick 57 goals over 0 though right?
(20-06-2022, 07:43 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Walker's wages do suggest that the wages are there to get a decent enough strike force. Probably need one to be a loan once more. ditto other positions.
I do hope above all we are not going to have an entire season of NC moaning in every interview!

A loan fee was also paid for Walker.
You would g100 but then they were signed the other way around and not as one option over another