TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Maybe going down is what we need
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(23-06-2022, 01:13 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]A Colin Garwood even

I'd even be happy with a Marc McNulty.
(21-06-2022, 08:16 PM)DPompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-06-2022, 07:49 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-06-2022, 07:29 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]All this 'wait and see what the transfer window brings' is nonsense. Even cowley said we need to get rid of Harness and curtis before we can add to the squad, which is shocking.

He didn’t say this though.

Sorry BlueArmy, or whatever your name is. Why do we need a bigger capacity for less people going to FP?

I’m not concerned by the lack of transfers currently no, there’s a hell of a long way to go and not a lot of players have been signed across L1.  I am concerned by the managers ability to get us promoted and that’s the issue for me. DC has an absolutely wealth of experience in the lower leagues, surely he has a list of players who could step up. He’s out of his depth unfortunately and I don’t think a £10m budget would have much effect on our chances of going up under him.

Not concerned by the lack of transfer activity? Our competitors who share the same aspirations for promotion have made several signings so far: Ipswich 3; MK Dons 3; Peterborough 3; Bolton 3; Sheffield Wednesday 3; Barnsley 2; Charlton 2; Wycombe 1; Plymouth 1.

A lot of these signings have been freebies and loans. So why have Pompey been so slow in making similar sorts of transfers?

And that means what? It’s not a race to see who can sign players first.

Well, actually, it usually is but I think I know what you mean.
Pages: 1 2