TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Cosying up with PUTIN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Nice to see the INDIAN PM cosying up with PUTIN at a recent high level meeting and preparing to sign "all sorts" or agreements ..... 

Trust they will not request future help from the UK or other western democracies in time of any future emergencies !
(22-06-2022, 04:28 PM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Nice to see the INDIAN PM cosying up with PUTIN at a recent high level meeting and preparing to sign "all sorts" or agreements ..... 

Trust they will not request future help from the UK or other western democracies in time of any future emergencies !

Do we send them any foreign aid?
(22-06-2022, 05:10 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-06-2022, 04:28 PM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Nice to see the INDIAN PM cosying up with PUTIN at a recent high level meeting and preparing to sign "all sorts" or agreements ..... 

Do we send them any foreign aid?

At least 55 million.....................but don’t ask me why.
Assists with their Space and Nuclear programmes ...
(23-06-2022, 08:12 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Assists with their Space and Nuclear programmes ...

The irony is that India doesn’t want any foreign aid from us.

We (well what passes for government anyway) seem to think that by donating money to countries like India we gain ‘soft power’.

All foreign aid, other than for exceptional events like natural disasters, should cease immediately. A lot of the money is frittered away on useless projects, or siphoned off by dodgy operators anyway. It’s not as if we are flush with cash is it?
Zzzzzzz.
(23-06-2022, 09:16 AM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Zzzzzzz.

Strikes me that you are asleep most of the time anyway Tufnell but I didn’t post to keep you awake, merely to state fact, something you seem unfamiliar with.

I tell you what, why don’t you set up a fund for foreign aid and see how much you get?

You could also help pay the hotel bills of your mates from the horrendously unsafe country of France.

You want these things you pay for them, leave the rest of us out of it.
You want to stop ‘people coming over here’ and end all Foreign Aid. Don’t you get it?

Has Foreign Aid become the latest dead cat, why bring it up now?
(23-06-2022, 09:06 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-06-2022, 08:12 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Assists with their Space and Nuclear programmes ...

The irony is that India doesn’t want any foreign aid from us.

We (well what passes for government anyway) seem to think that by donating money to countries like India we gain ‘soft power’.

All foreign aid, other than for exceptional events like natural disasters, should cease immediately. A lot of the money is frittered away on useless projects, or siphoned off by dodgy operators anyway. It’s not as if we are flush with cash is it?
We must be flush for cash, because we have no problem looking after the illegals!
They're not 'illegal' until their claim as been processed and has then been rejected - they are then deported. So you have figures for how much it is costing the UK to hold these people between a claim being rejected and then being deported? Is it as much as Rishi Sunak threw away (£11bn) because he didn't tick a box?
I think Smirnoff may be eluding to the individuals who cover their heads and faces when they reach the embarkation point.
Now why would that be ??
Well, that would be before they are processed so not ‘illegal’.
(23-06-2022, 12:16 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]They're not 'illegal' until their claim as been processed and has then been rejected - they are then deported. So you have figures for how much it is costing the UK to hold these people between a claim being rejected and then being deported? Is it as much as Rishi Sunak threw away (£11bn) because he didn't tick a box?
Splitting hairs old boy, as well you know. If I wanted to go to America and arrived in America without having applied in advance what would I be described as and what would be my fate? If they arrive here without the paperwork, then they are not legal and should be fucked off out of it back to whence they came. Why should we be housing them here, at our expense while it is decided if they are allowed to stay. We have rules, they should adhere to them. That we do not just gives more the green light to carry on.
Its not splitting hairs Smirns, its the law - it can't just be applied and ignored to suit your prejudice. So how much is that figure 'twixt asylum denial and deportation?

Or, don't you know?
(23-06-2022, 06:38 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Its not splitting hairs Smirns, its the law - it can't just be applied and ignored to suit your prejudice. So how much is that figure 'twixt asylum denial and deportation?

Or, don't you know?

Funny how you think some laws should be respected but not others Tufnell, talk about selective.

As for the illegal entrants who then abuse our hospitality to the tune of thousands in accommodation costs and legal fees, then keep appealing if they fail in their application, costing more money, fewer than half those who are rejected are ever deported. A lot of those who succeed do so on the flimsiest of evidence.

We should make it plain that anyone entering the country illegally will never be granted asylum, no ifs, no buts.
Guff, did you fail that Geography degree?

And more specifically, which laws are you talking about? And please, if you want to continue with this, be specific.
‘Mix, fook off. You’re an idiot, and we’re all a bit tired of your bollox. Go ask admin if they’ll open up a loonytoons section, just for you.
'Snowflake'.......Wink Commie

You think you own the place... You don't even live here.....
How very parochial. But it’s true, I’ve never sunk a pint in The Cross Keys.
(23-06-2022, 06:38 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Its not splitting hairs Smirns, its the law - it can't just be applied and ignored to suit your prejudice. So how much is that figure 'twixt asylum denial and deportation?

Or, don't you know?

It costs a minimum of around £90 per day, as of 2020 a mere 15000 went through the system, as opposed to around over 40,000 the year before. This is the tip of the iceberg, in as much as many more are arriving and are avoiding detention somehow. Recent figures I have not checked. As for “prejudice”, we see things differently that’s all, you seem to think that there should be no restrictions and no limits. I believe that leads to carnage in every sense.
Not at all, I do think there should be limits, I think we should take an equal percentage, per capita, as the rest of Europe. What’s so wrong with that?
(23-06-2022, 10:05 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Not at all, I do think there should be limits, I think we should take an equal percentage, per capita, as the rest of Europe. What’s so wrong with that?

Why follow Europe, particularly after Merkel invited her million in. We need our own structured system. One driven by logic and ability to pay without diluting services and causing negative ramifications for those already living here. A whole, grown up debate is long overdue. Starting with the questions Tony Blair didn’t ask before unleashing mass, unlimited immigration on us. Those being, what do you want your country to be in the future and what levels of immigration do you want?
We’re about to allow 3m to enter via Heathrow, but the gov doesn’t want us to know about those, only the poor fuckers risking everything in an inflatable.
(24-06-2022, 09:47 AM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]We’re about to allow 3m to enter via Heathrow, but the gov doesn’t want us to know about those, only the poor fuckers risking everything in an inflatable.

A valid point. Take a good look at where they come from.
Pages: 1 2