TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Fixtures released tomorrow at 9am
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Amongst all the current doom and gloom re signings, you can't beat the excitement of the new seasons fixtures being released. Looking forward to stepping into an improved fratton park with a better North and south stand in August and the hope that a new season brings. Will this finally be our year?

The first game will be away, because of the stadium works, who do you want first away and home game?

I'd like Port Vale away, not played them in ages and a new ground to tick off. Just a different club to play. We will sellout their away end.

First home game I would like Sheff Wed/Ipswich/Derby, which will definitely mean a 19,000 plus sellout.

We are due a good first couple of games for once.
I thought we were going to have a relegation battle?
We still might. Anyone could. Nothing beats the excitement of the fixtures though
I know it's staggering but did you know: irrespective of where we finish next season, our fixtures will be the same
I like to avoid newly promoted teams first up. Play them when the initial enthusiasm has faded.
Burton, Fleetwood or Morecambe away first game would be good. Get one of those shitty trips out the way early
starting in midsummer is not for me. So any trip with a big shady stand where you don't look into the sun!
Bovril and a big coat for me!
Sheffield Wed away... hmmm... then (on paper) an August where we should be racking up the points if we are serious about success this season.
Best possible time to get them. They'll be amongst the favourites for promotion. A point will do nicely
FGR away for the new stadium and vegan pies jumps out at me. Only problem is they give a quite small away allocation so it'll mean sitting with my friend who's got a ST down there, but apparently it's common for there to be more visiting supporters in the main stand than home.
2 successive League games away to  Sheffield Wednesday. I wonder how often that has happened?
(23-06-2022, 12:27 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]2 successive League games away to  Sheffield Wednesday. I wonder how often that has happened?

Spooky.
Us v Sheff Wed is good for the neutral as two of the biggest clubs outside the premiership in the third tier.

For us it's a terrible game as they will smash us like last season, and we have weakened and they have strengthened. Our defence got destroyed that day and our attack was useless, and we have lost key players whilst Wednesday have already strengthened their fantastic attack with Michael Smith. Our defence with Raggett and Robertson is weak and will get taken apart again imo.

Sheff Wed will win the league this season.
Last season's last game will have no bearing on this game. We had nothing to play for and they had everything to play for. 

I think first game is a very good time to play what is likely to be one of the top teams cos they will not have got a run of form going.
One things for certain, it will show how good or bad we are and areas we need to strengthen
(24-06-2022, 06:39 AM)mike hunt Wrote: [ -> ]One things for certain, it will show how good or bad we are and areas we need to strengthen

Isn't that true of every game(?)
(24-06-2022, 10:59 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-06-2022, 06:39 AM)mike hunt Wrote: [ -> ]One things for certain, it will show how good or bad we are and areas we need to strengthen

Isn't that true of every game(?)

At least we'll get a truer picture of our season this time. Last season, we started against crewe who made us look like we were Brazil. Turns out crewe were krap and we were, for a large bit, not that much better.