TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Incoming…new goalkeeper set to arrive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
20 year old Chris Rushforth from Brighton on loan is the rumour I’m hearing. Should be announced soon.
If 'Kosher' sounds like a good option, however, for me Alex BASS did nothing wrong, and he WOULD have played last term if Baz hadn't turned up .
That will be good if it happens. Yesterday I saw a claim Barcelona had been eyeing him Lol
Bassy was brilliant at Wycome Firq. Baz came back from Eire and took the jersey back the following Saturday. Bassy was pretty peed off, who could blame him and then went on loan which made so much sense.
Bass should be given the chance to prove himself. That’s the point in the academy right?
We need 2 senior keepers then it's up to DC to play who he sees is the best. Bassy made his debut in the League Cup at Cov in Aug 2016, I was there. Since then he has only played 17 games for us, most of which was when he replaced McG under Jackett. Massive season for Bassy I would suggest

c
The treatment of Bass is disappointing.
(23-06-2022, 02:50 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]The treatment of Bass is disappointing.

If he doesn’t get a chance it will be, especially in the same breath as complaining about the academy.

I fully expect DC to explain how it’s best for Bass to sit on the bench/go out on loan/find himself a club as he needs games.
Sorry to disappoint everyone but if BlueArmy says it ain't happening, then it ain't happening.
NC constantly complains about lack of funds, then brings in another loanee whose wages are going to be far from cheap. If he does not think Bass is good enough then be honest and let him move on and start his career.
We all know Bass is good enough. It's incredibly disappointing that DC decides to train up Premier league youngsters over our own players.
(23-06-2022, 03:43 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]We all know Bass is good enough. It's incredibly disappointing that DC decides to train up Premier league youngsters over our own players.

Jesus Christ you’re talking sense at last.
I don't think Bass is good enough for a team chasing promotion from league one.

My bradford mate said he made some howlers when he was there.
(23-06-2022, 04:30 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think Bass is good enough for a team chasing promotion from league one.

Was there ever a keeper of any age who did not make howlers?
I certainly want a keeper who dominates his area and they do drop clangers from time to time. As opposed to staying on their line, not dropping clangers and picking headers out of the net.
My Bradford mate said he was brilliant.

Mark Hughes thought he was better than a lge 2 keeper and that probably counts for more than either of our mates.

If Bass can improve his footwork he will have a chance of playing in a Cowley team, but I fear this will be why he ends up being frustrated again.

But everyone saying he is definitely good enough or definitely not good enough has no evidence to support that view. He has not had a long enough run in the team to prove or disprove his ability. He has shown potential, good potential - hence the premiership interest in him a year or two back -  but until we see him for an extended run everyone is guessing.
If he was good enough he would have featured regularly in league one by now.

He isn't good enough for league one.

Bass will be a league 2 or conference keeper.
I disagree Blue Army. I remember several howlers from Bazunu last season, especially in his early games for us.

Bass has been fantastic for us when he's played. It's very frustrating that Cowley hasnt given him a chance to shine. Spend the budget where it's needed instead of training up players for other clubs.
(23-06-2022, 05:16 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]I disagree Blue Army. I remember several howlers from Bazunu last season, especially in his early games for us.

Bass has been fantastic for us when he's played. It's very frustrating that Cowley hasnt given him a chance to shine. Spend the budget where it's needed instead of training up players for other clubs.

I do think that we should be spending our money on areas that are more urgent such as strikers. Crazy we don't own a striker.
(23-06-2022, 04:30 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think Bass is good enough for a team chasing promotion from league one.

Yes he’s a goalkeeper, they all do.

More fictional friends?!
(23-06-2022, 05:12 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]If he was good enough he would have featured regularly in league one by now.

He isn't good enough for league one.

Bass will be a league 2 or conference keeper.

Back to trolling now are you?

I know you don’t believe this sh1t.
Bass isn't comfortable to feet, Cowley will flog him for that
(23-06-2022, 06:07 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Bass isn't comfortable to feet, Cowley will flog him for that

That’s my worry.
(23-06-2022, 06:08 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-06-2022, 06:07 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Bass isn't comfortable to feet, Cowley will flog him for that

That’s my worry.

I still ask how often did we actually play out from the back to any effect last season? ie how many goals started with a ball from the GK? 

For that you are actually better with a keeper who can kick longer and accurately than a little short passer, Dave Beasant was the king at that.
A few goals came from moves started by Bazunu but goals scored from clearances  is a bonus rather than a  key measure of the modern keeper. 

Distribution is important, and enough of a recognised strength in Bazunu to help make him worth 12m,  but the key to the way Cowley wants to play is for a keeper to comfortable with the ball at his feet playing in the 'sweeper' role, playing on the edge of the area as an extra defender and passing short or long to keep the move going.
I know I’m old fashioned but I like a goalkeeper who can save things and catch crosses. Can this guy do that?
Pages: 1 2 3 4