TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Rooney leaves Derby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having followed the debacle unfolding at Derby since last season, and feeling the fans pain. Today more pain was heaped on them.
Rooney having seen the latest deal collapse has said enough is enough and left the club.
His statement was that of a good PR man. I respect the job he has done because he has worked under all sorts of restrictions. He is now obviously protecting his reputation but where does this leave Derby?
They currently have just 5 players signed and are banned from signing any more presently.
Derby could feasibly find themselves with another points deduction and a dangerously close look at league 2.
They are definitely a club as big if not bigger than our own. I wish them luck. As we know, at this stage those responsible have long since gone, it's just the fans being hurt now. ?
Pompey and Derby are very similar size. They've just had investment in the infrastructure over the years which we are slowly addressing. Both clubs are effectively a similar size.

Good luck to Derby.
(24-06-2022, 09:18 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Pompey and Derby are very similar size. They've just had investment in the infrastructure over the years which we are slowly addressing. Both clubs are effectively a similar size.

Good luck to Derby.

They may have had investment in the infrastructure but I don’t think they own their own ground now, so a fat lot of good that did them.

I hope they get out of their current predicament though, they are part of the fabric of English football and have a good fan base.
A derby fan has just bought the ground and will take over the club it appears. Good news.
Good news indeed, unless of course he starts tarting about with the ground and puts an eat what you kill policy in place, in which case he can put his hands in his pockets or fuck right off

Deebo

Five years down the road and if Derby are in stasis in League 1, I would imagine that’s exactly what he will be being told. Fans will be fans.
(24-06-2022, 08:06 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Having followed the debacle unfolding at Derby since last season, and feeling the fans pain. Today more pain was heaped on them.
Rooney having seen the latest deal collapse has said enough is enough and left the club.
His statement was that of a good PR man. I respect the job he has done because he has worked under all sorts of restrictions. He is now obviously protecting his reputation but where does this leave Derby?
They currently have just 5 players signed and are banned from signing any more presently.
Derby could feasibly find themselves with another points deduction and a dangerously close look at league 2.
They are definitely a club as big if not bigger than our own. I wish them luck. As we know, at this stage those responsible have long since gone, it's just the fans being hurt now. ?
(25-06-2022, 06:10 AM)fullymentaljackett Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-06-2022, 08:06 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Having followed the debacle unfolding at Derby since last season, and feeling the fans pain. Today more pain was heaped on them.

Don't worry, after a period of uncertainty they will get new owners who will back them sufficiently to get back in the right direction (like other basket cases like wigan) in no time at all.

Meanwhile  in FP Land, our chief executive is busy with his colouring in books....
It is a shame what has happened to Derby. You could see it happening in slow motion as soon as they valued their stadium at at ridiculous amount and used it as collateral for gigantic loans.

Unfortunately there isn't a way to penalise the previous owners sufficiently to prevent this sort of thing from reoccurring.
How many clubs actually built a new ground without going bust further down the line?
Seems the football model is to build a new ground then go bust leaving the contractors to pick up the cost!
Unless the govt flogs off a white elephant ground from some international event of course.
Bookies have them as 3rd favourite to win the league. Mental.
Is there any way they can be docked points next season?
Yes, Derby are likely to be deducted points.

To avoid a points deduction, the new owner will have to settle 25% of the debt to non-football creditors as agreed by Kirchner (previous sole bidder from the USA who had agreed to pay 25% to exit the CVA then failed to provide proof of his funding).

Only a VERY wealthy new owner could afford to pay the 25%, and with the new season just weeks away, the Administrators are desperate to sell the club - even if it's to a less wealthy consortium!
if they do sort it all out (big if) they are probably better off with a lower league manager who will know which players to bring in on a budget than Rooney who wouldn't really have a clue.
Forget the Rooney 'love-in' at the BBC and in the national media (Wayne Rooney's Derby etc)

With a mere 5 senior players on the books for next season, the biggest outgoing on the football side of things was Rooney's salary - something overlooked by the mainstream media.
(25-06-2022, 08:42 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]if they do sort it all out (big if) they are probably better off with a lower league manager who will know which players to bring in on a budget than Rooney who wouldn't really have a clue.

I was going to suggest the approach DC but he doesn’t seem to have a clue about any lower league players.
(25-06-2022, 08:26 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, Derby are likely to be deducted points.

To avoid a points deduction, the new owner will have to settle 25% of the debt to non-football creditors as agreed by Kirchner (previous sole bidder from the USA who had agreed to pay 25% to exit the CVA then failed to provide proof of his funding).

Only a VERY wealthy new owner could afford to pay the 25%, and with the new season just weeks away, the Administrators are desperate to sell the club - even if it's to a less wealthy consortium!

Thanks, thought there was something like that.
It could be that a la Bolton a couple of years ago, teams that play Derby early on in the season will face a mixture of youth players and temporary nobodies, then once they get themselves sorted out everyone else plays a proper team.