TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Scott Twine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sold to Burnley for an undisclosed fee.

Good player. Shame the mighty MK dons outbid us for him and cashed in a year later.
Another club who acquired a stadium paid for by someone else. Great set up there to be honest. As my first trip this season I was really impressed. Shame about the franchise and all that but they have now built the foundations for a club that can eventually only head one way and that's up.
Let's hope we can now do similar having acquired their CEO.
Burnley mate of mine thinks they paid £5M (based 100% on hearsay of course)
Barmys Burnley mate thought it was closer to 10 million.
(27-06-2022, 10:03 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Barmys Burnley mate thought it was closer to 10 million.

My Burnley mate says £15m
20 anyone?
You're well behind me lads, my Burnley friend says £22m
A good mate of mine called Terph Moore reckons it £30m + £1m a goal. Seems a lot but apparently he’s the next Messi
(27-06-2022, 01:13 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]A good mate of mine called Terph Moore reckons it £30m + £1m a goal. Seems a lot but apparently he’s the next Messi

He's hardly in the know if he forgot to mention the £20 million in further installments and the £75 million buy-out clause.
(26-06-2022, 08:30 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Another club who acquired a stadium paid for by someone else. Great set up there to be honest. As my first trip this season I was really impressed. Shame about the franchise and all that but they have now built the foundations for a club that can eventually only head one way and that's up.

That CEO is now playing with a completely different deck of cards. The Scott Twines of this world won’t be ending up here.
(27-06-2022, 06:47 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-06-2022, 08:30 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Another club who acquired a stadium paid for by someone else. Great set up there to be honest. As my first trip this season I was really impressed. Shame about the franchise and all that but they have now built the foundations for a club that can eventually only head one way and that's up.

That CEO is now playing with a completely different deck of cards. The Scott Twines of this world won’t be ending up here.

Would he have left a club that he has helped build to come to one that would give him no chance to build similar?
(27-06-2022, 06:47 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]

Why ever not?
Because the club believe they can create a sellable asset only by starting with a young/free player. Clearly developing an established player who comes for a fee does not register in their plans. Yet the potential gains in doing that are almost always bigger. Twine is an example.
(27-06-2022, 09:45 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]Because the club believe they can create a sellable asset only by starting with a young/free player. Clearly developing an established player who comes for a fee does not register in their plans. Yet the potential gains in doing that are almost always bigger. Twine is an example.

What about paying fees for Hume and Morrell? 

You really think Twine was established?

There wasn’t a fee for Twine.
Fee/wages - whichever way you look at it, the owners constrict themselves possibly to their detriment (Twine a case in point). Speculate to accumulate. How else do you become a billionaire,
Did you miss my questions?
No - just had better things to do.

FWIW - Morrrell’s not really in this category, Hume maybe.

But regardless, the point I initially made was the approach of MKD and PFC is very different. They have demonstrated it with the lad that went to Celtic too.

I’d be delighted to be proved wrong, but I really doubt it. Another TW under the Eisner will show one way or the other.
(28-06-2022, 09:40 AM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]No - just had better things to do.

FWIW - Morrrell’s not really in this category, Hume maybe.

But regardless, the point I initially made was the approach of MKD and PFC is very different. They have demonstrated it with the lad that went to Celtic too.

I’d be delighted to be proved wrong, but I really doubt it. Another TW under the Eisner will show one way or the other.

Lol but still replied to the post.

I think you’ve already been proved wrong with the fact that fees were paid for Morrel and Humes. Humes actually is an established player also.

We missed out on Twine for reasons we don’t know but the fact is that the owners have publicly stated and have done exactly what you want them to.

I’m sure MKD have missed out on players to.
Yeah, I knew about their fees but I was really focusing on younger players who could be developed. Morrell isn’t going to get any better, Hume maybe. The last players we paid for, developed and sold on for profit? Clarke/Lowe. That series of events didn’t happen solely under the Eisners (just the selling of course). They have not succeeded in doing that.
(28-06-2022, 10:34 AM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I knew about their fees but I was really focusing on younger players who could be developed. Morrell isn’t going to get any better, Hume maybe.  The last players we paid for, developed and sold on for profit?  Clarke/Lowe. That series of events didn’t happen solely under the Eisners (just the selling of course).  They have not succeeded in doing that.

You mean players like Reeco and Liam Vincent?

Curtis will be one when he is sold.
Reeco - no chance
Vincent - no-one knows yet
The fact Curtis may be the first in 4 or 5 years hardly demonstrates a strong foundation for the EWYK policy.
(28-06-2022, 03:17 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]Reeco - no chance
Vincent - no-one knows yet
The fact Curtis may be the first in 4 or 5 years hardly demonstrates a strong foundation for the EWYK policy.

They aren’t all going to work out, you said they won’t do it but they have.

Jamal Lowe is a good example.

DC needs to find the players doesn’t he, unless you want the Eisners out scouting?
Remember Lowe was a Trust acquisition, so the credit goes to them.

DC can only do as much as he is allowed to. Not getting someone in to spearhead recruitment has not helped. Who knows where the blame lies for that.
Reading all of the above we seem to have missed the point that our scouting network with expensive director has singularly failed. Presumably why a lot have left the club.
Pages: 1 2