TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Home goals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Concerning stat - we fail to score at home in 46% of matches
Cant blame the crowd for that stat, either.

I think the issue is more to do with personnel rather than formation though. Harrison has been guilty of wasting a bucket full of chances. Marquis' tally is ticking over but his goals tend to come in batches.
(08-02-2021, 04:53 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Concerning stat - we fail to score at home in 46% of matches

fact check : we have failed to score 42.8% of league games (6 out of 14) which it goes down to 41.2% if you include cup games. 

Still an awful stat but lets get it right. And really its just another way of saying how poor our home form is, whcih everyone knows. 

In contrast we have only failed to score twice away from home.
Stats or no stats our 2 strikers are crap
we need to be better at breaking and getting a final ball for a shot at the end of it. We seem to break well but make the wrong decision when we get close to the other box. Marquis and Harrison both see to be slow to decide on the final ball/shot in that situation.
Yes ok, typed it in wrong, 43%

Let everyone be in no doubt that Deep was right and I was wrong, I was out by 3 percent

https://footystats.org/clubs/portsmouth-fc-272

"Really it's just another way of saying we are poor at home as everyone already knows"

Bloody hell Deep I didn't realise we had to put it all past you first before we had a chat on here
If we are crap, what does that make the rest of ‘em? We’re top scorers in the league ffs
It's a bizarre season in so many ways. Hopeless at home, fantastic away (same applies to quite a few teams: Sunderland, Charlton, Man U until recently) but also in goal scoring. We are top scorers in lge 1 and yet we are, quite rightly, bemoaning the strikers. Says a lot for the midfield / defence that we have so many goals to our name, but now is the time for Marquis in particular to step up the mark. Too wasteful for many months now. Tonight it could be the Marquis v Pitman show and JM had better win that battle.
The stats on that link show that were it not for our excellent defence, we would be solidly midtable.