TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Wow, incoming player!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There going to save some money on the trip to Spain at least
Interested to see how we line up at Havant, given no strikers seem to be close to signing. Do we play someone out of position or one of the kids?
(01-07-2022, 02:49 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Interested to see how we line up at Havant, given no strikers seem to be close to signing. Do we play someone out of position or one of the kids?

Has to be Gifford and probably Curtis I would guess.
(29-06-2022, 07:13 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]We need a manager like McMenemy who could get anyone down to the South Coast. World Cup winners, England captains etc etc etc. Amazing manager really.

Wash your mouth out Hammie. Yuk.
(01-07-2022, 02:49 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Interested to see how we line up at Havant, given no strikers seem to be close to signing. Do we play someone out of position or one of the kids?

Gifford & Reid would be my guess, plus maybe a triallist or two.
Reid’s a winger, Gifford and triallists as already said maybe 433 with Curtis Gifford Harness
McMenemey was made famous by his work along the coast but was a geordie.
Yes he worked "there" but he was also remarkably successfully at making very unlikely signings. as noted above, Harry was probably the only other manager who could attract really top names to a smaller club.

Maybe 2 x Triallists?
or one youngster of our own plus one would be lovely to see. or get adhame back for a month he was mustard in pre season!
Soon now, apparently.
(04-07-2022, 10:06 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Soon now, apparently.

Pompey’s definition of “soon” and “imminent” are a lot different to mine and every other fan. 

I won’t be holding my breath until I see a new signing confirmed on the official website. 

My bet is it’s Jack Payne - 27 year old attacking midfielder released by Swindon. He worked with Cowley previously.
(04-07-2022, 10:15 AM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Pompey’s definition of “soon” and “imminent” are a lot different to mine and every other fan. 

I won’t be holding my breath until I see a new signing confirmed on the official website. 

My bet is it’s Jack Payne - 27 year old attacking midfielder released by Swindon. He worked with Cowley previously.

Best off asking Mikey about him. If payne signed, it would be the most Mikey had ever seen a Portsmouth player play.
Would take Payne he’s a decent player you could interchange jacobs and Payne for the 10/ left attacking midfield
If we take a player released by Swindon... cue meltdown #17  Smile
(04-07-2022, 12:58 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]If we take a player released by Swindon... cue meltdown #17  Smile

He hasn't been released by Swindon. He is out of contract and they are trying desperately to keep him.
(04-07-2022, 10:15 AM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Is Jack Payne a "Wow,incoming player,wait until you see his name"?
Pages: 1 2