TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: How bad does DC look now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Liar or just plain stupid?
Its one or the other. AOB isn't that good but christ can we not be honest with the fans?
DC needs to buck up and come clean. If it's the club, say so. If it's him, please pompey, get rid
Danny doesn't know what he is doing unfortunately.

Quite how he keeps fooling Cullen and the owners I don't know, mind you they don't know what they are doing either so that's probably why. They are all dribbling idiots and we are stuck with them all. You can imagine them all dribbling and laughing hysterically after we get spanked at home by Cambridge or someone, they don't care. We've become a gentleman's club, get your mate a job etc, if your face fits even if you're shit at your role then you have a role at our club. None of them have football knowledge, no idea on how to build a successful team and where to look. Just spouting their shite hoping we believe it all.

The cowleys are nice people but they aren't football managers. Danny speaks a lot of riddles to sound clever and over analyses but it isn't fooling me.

I genuinely believe that you could find a lot of Pompey fans who could do a job as good as Danny. 

We will get a few shite strikers on loan and maybe a free, everyone will say give them a chance and before we know it I'll be January, season over and they'll have 1 or 2 goals between them in 5 months. Rinse and repeat. Fucking circus.
The logical explanation is Danny is on the blower saying: Any updates on players? Still a bit short on numbers here.

Through the sound of fantasia being played in the background, he hears a disgruntled voice: Yah, yah, our people are talkin to AyDen Oh Braaahn.
Should have booked an express pass Danny
(30-06-2022, 05:27 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]The logical explanation is Danny is on the blower saying: Any updates on players? Still a bit short on numbers here.

Through the sound of fantasia being played in the background, he hears a disgruntled voice: Yah, yah, our people are talkin to AyDen Oh Braaahn.

Pmsl  Big Grin .

Cullen too busy colouring in the pages in his colouring book with that untrustworthy smile of his. Smile
(30-06-2022, 05:22 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Danny doesn't know what he is doing unfortunately.

Quite how he keeps fooling Cullen and the owners I don't know, mind you they don't know what they are doing either so that's probably why. They are all dribbling idiots and we are stuck with them all. You can imagine them all dribbling and laughing hysterically after we get spanked at home by Cambridge or someone, they don't care. We've become a gentleman's club, get your mate a job etc, if your face fits even if you're shit at your role then you have a role at our club. None of them have football knowledge, no idea on how to build a successful team and where to look. Just spouting their shite hoping we believe it all.

The cowleys are nice people but they aren't football managers. Danny speaks a lot of riddles to sound clever and over analyses but it isn't fooling me.

I genuinely believe that you could find a lot of Pompey fans who could do a job as good as Danny. 

We will get a few shite strikers on loan and maybe a free, everyone will say give them a chance and before we know it I'll be January, season over and they'll have 1 or 2 goals between them in 5 months. Rinse and repeat. Fucking circus.

Haven’t your sources who we are signing yet?

At least DC doesn’t claim to be living in another country!!
He is on another planet though to be fair
(30-06-2022, 05:22 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Danny doesn't know what he is doing unfortunately.

With your 300+ games as a "lower league strike" you must have knocked in a few goals - do you fancy coming out of retirement & powering PFC to  promotion this year.

Sod a Cape Town beach or is it Fareham Creek you're wanted down Fratton Park ffs !!
Got a feeling things are going to look very different by this time next week. the time to panic I would think would be mid-July. If we haven't secured four signings by then, I will consume an appropriate style of millinery.
I am right back to the mood losing to Salford at Wembley, where you just sort of laugh at the club because it is piss poor.

What is the problem here ffs? There's a market, a going rate, supply and demand and we are owned by billionaires. Treat it seriously or fuck off!
Is it DC being shown up, or more accurately the skinflint Eisners?
Every window just seems to be more of a basket case of decision making and organisation. The club makes all the right noises at the right times but in reality the playing squad just gets weaker, year on year.
(30-06-2022, 06:44 PM)Cressers Wrote: [ -> ]Is it DC being shown up, or more accurately the skinflint Eisners?

Agreed. 

Why is it DC's fault that Shrewsbury have splashed the cash ?  His only role in this has been to tell the board that he would like to sign the player - the rest is way outside the role of head coach.  

I wouldn't blame the Eisners for this one either  ... I'd be more worried if they had made O'Brien our highest paid player.
What has Cowley done so far to suggest he's the right manager for us? Less than nothing, in my opinion. He shouldn't have been given the job after he failed that 'trial period' he was given last year, and the club has only gone backward since. Jackett had to go, but this was the best alternative available to us???
(30-06-2022, 06:54 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-06-2022, 06:44 PM)Cressers Wrote: [ -> ]Is it DC being shown up, or more accurately the skinflint Eisners?

Agreed. 

Why is it DC's fault that Shrewsbury have splashed the cash ?  His only role in this has been to tell the board that he would like to sign the player - the rest is way outside the role of head coach.  

I wouldn't blame the Eisners for this one either  ... I'd be more worried if they had made O'Brien our highest paid player.

It’s DC’s fault telling reporters he is ongoing communication with a player who then signs for another club the next day. I’d wager he had no idea until it was announced by Shrewsbury.
(30-06-2022, 05:39 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I am right back to the mood losing to Salford at Wembley, where you just sort of laugh at the club because it is piss poor.

What is the problem here ffs? There's a market, a going rate, supply and demand and we are owned by billionaires. Treat it seriously or fuck off!

I think the point is they are taking it seriously, I mean they could get us millions in debt to finish outside the playoffs too, would that be serious?
(30-06-2022, 07:35 PM)PompeyDB Wrote: [ -> ]What has Cowley done so far to suggest he's the right manager for us? Less than nothing, in my opinion. He shouldn't have been given the job after he failed that 'trial period' he was given last year, and the club has only gone backward since. Jackett had to go, but this was the best alternative available to us???

100%
(30-06-2022, 07:50 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Agreed. 

It’s DC’s fault telling reporters he is ongoing communication with a player who then signs for another club the next day. I’d wager he had no idea until it was announced by Shrewsbury.

I'm sure he was in communication trying to persuade him to sign right up until the moment the player decided to go elsewhere.   I fail to see why that is a basis for criticism.  Not communicating with the player would however have been something to criticise.
(30-06-2022, 08:33 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-06-2022, 07:50 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Agreed. 

I'm sure he was in communication trying to persuade him to sign right up until the moment the player decided to go elsewhere.   I fail to see why that is a basis for criticism.  Not communicating with the player would however have been something to criticise.

It’s good you’re sure, im not sure he was and in my opinion makes him look silly.
So you are assuming that what you are being told is a lie just so you can criticise the person who is telling you what happened.  Why do you know better than the people involved ?
Gawd - nobody on here knows what’s really going on during a transfer window do they? The whole thing must be like 3d chess with permutations all over the place. Any manager needs three transfer windows to show their worth and this is Cowley’s third so the time to judge will be when the squad has bedded in and played a dozen or so games. We all know that Tornante are not going to spaff money to get promoted- plenty of clubs have done that and failed, plenty haven’t done it and succeeded. As someone who was opposed to the takeover, I’ve been impressed with the slow but solid work on the ground and the Eisner’s commitment to staying in the community. Maybe squad building has to take a back seat for a year or two more.

What I’d really like to know is why tennis is so friggin boring yet everyone wets themselves over it….
Judge them all when the fat lady sings (or Westwood would do)
DC had a reputation coming out of Lincoln that when it came to shopping for players that he didn`t have a scooby and failed to close deals and his modus operandi was scooping up injured journeymen on the final day of the window(no hopers whose agents had pissed in his ear for a week or more) and claiming they were worldbeaters....on inflated wages.
We are seeing this now and despite the Eisners failing to open the wallet DC is proving a failure in the talent spotting arena and at this rate we are in for a tough season.
..."get your boots on Goofy youre playing"

i can hear it now "sacked in the morning"......no more happy clapping or mumbo jumbo interviews ..i`m sick to the teeth of them.
Criticising Cowley(s) for progress here so far is one thing but slagging him off for what he achieved at Lincoln is laughable.
(30-06-2022, 07:35 PM)PompeyDB Wrote: [ -> ]What has Cowley done so far to suggest he's the right manager for us? Less than nothing, in my opinion. He shouldn't have been given the job after he failed that 'trial period' he was given last year, and the club has only gone backward since. Jackett had to go, but this was the best alternative available to us???

He was cheap, that's why he got the gig.
Pages: 1 2