TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Cowley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
He needs to walk away and go to a club where his bosses don’t take the piss out of him . Not to have any strikers at the start of preseason is scandalous. The owners are letting down the manager and the fans big time . Come on Cowley do the decent thing and call the owners out
He could have had strikers but let them go or did not pursue them. The club has been pretty truthful about developments so lets hope the comments about business in progress on players bears fruition soon. Having said that, there was still that list in the News of our better performers being signed in August, pretty much all of them.
They're playing a dangerous game. Waiting until the last minute to see if Leicester will loan us Hirst again. Whether O'brien will accept the new terms offered & playing a bidding war with a few free agents. It could all end disastrously for the club!
(01-07-2022, 09:31 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]They're playing a dangerous game. Waiting until the last minute to see if Leicester will loan us Hirst again. Whether O'brien will accept the new terms offered & playing a bidding war with a few free agents. It could all end disastrously for the club!

O’brien has gone to Shrewsbury
(01-07-2022, 09:31 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]They're playing a dangerous game. Waiting until the last minute to see if Leicester will loan us Hirst again. Whether O'brien will accept the new terms offered & playing a bidding war with a few free agents. It could all end disastrously for the club!

Ha ha ha ha ha. Let’s all laugh at Mikey!

Stick to Swindon. Mind, you couldn’t even get their opponents right!
(01-07-2022, 07:56 PM)Cowespompey Wrote: [ -> ]He needs to walk away and go to a club where his bosses don’t take the piss out of him . Not to have any strikers at the start of preseason is scandalous. The owners are letting down the manager and the fans big time . Come on Cowley do the decent thing and call the owners out

What's it got to do with the owners ?  

Do you think Michael Eisner comes over to do the contract negotiations with every signing ? 

Cullen & Brown do the transfers, and if they are having to wait to get the players DC wants, then they will wait. Yes, it's a dangerous game but those who would rather we panicked and signed anyone available even if they are not who we want needs to ask why they want that.  The time to worry is when we sign bad players not when we havent signed anyone yet. 

Or are you saying we should have met O'Brien's demands and made him our highest paid player ? 

My guess is that we are going for a couple of the Swansea targets in a deal involving Harness, but complicated deals like that with so many players and agents involved take a long time and may explain the delays. Then I expect we are waiting to see if we get Hirst and will not fill that spot until we know either way, but I'll be surprised if the backup targets for Hirst have even been mentioned yet unless its the Spurs guy. 

There are 60 days of window left, try not to panic too early.
Not that I believed him in the first place but you can't trust a word Cullen says since telling us they had players lined up to announce on June 10th.

"Whats it got to do with he owners" You can't be serious? Lol Erm I don't know where to start!
(02-07-2022, 11:10 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Not that I believed him in the first place but you can't trust a word Cullen says since telling us they had players lined up to announce on June 10th.

"Whats it got to do with he owners" You can't be serious? Lol  Erm I don't know where to start!

I repeat, what's it got to do with the owners ? 

They set a budget, but beyond that have no involvement whatsoever in when we sign the players or who we sign. We could have filled the squad with players within that budget by now if you just signed any old rubbish. 

So I repeat, would all those panicking because we haven't signed any strikers yet prefer us to have brought in any old available striker rather than wait for the strikers that DC wants ?  For example, would you rather re-sign Marquis just to fill a gap rather than get Hirst in a few weeks ? Not saying we will get Hirst but I'd rather wait to get someone that good than sign any old rubbish just to placate bedwetting fans.
(02-07-2022, 10:38 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2022, 07:56 PM)Cowespompey Wrote: [ -> ]He needs to walk away and go to a club where his bosses don’t take the piss out of him . Not to have any strikers at the start of preseason is scandalous. The owners are letting down the manager and the fans big time . Come on Cowley do the decent thing and call the owners out

What's it got to do with the owners ?  

Do you think Michael Eisner comes over to do the contract negotiations with every signing ? 

Cullen & Brown do the transfers, and if they are having to wait to get the players DC wants, then they will wait. Yes, it's a dangerous game but those who would rather we panicked and signed anyone available even if they are not who we want needs to ask why they want that.  The time to worry is when we sign bad players not when we havent signed anyone yet. 

Or are you saying we should have met O'Brien's demands and made him our highest paid player ? 

My guess is that we are going for a couple of the Swansea targets in a deal involving Harness, but complicated deals like that with so many players and agents involved take a long time and may explain the delays. Then I expect we are waiting to see if we get Hirst and will not fill that spot until we know either way, but I'll be surprised if the backup targets for Hirst have even been mentioned yet unless its the Spurs guy. 

There are 60 days of window left, try not to panic too early.

As much as some on here are irrationally anti Eisners/Cowley, you are precisely the other way - balls deep in blue. Do try and see the owners sometimes for what they are - as much as they are doing good for the club they have some significant faults too. Show some balance sometimes.
Isnt it about time you faked your own death again Cowes?
Problem is,decent forwards that we can afford are as rare as rocking horse sh!t
I cast an envious eye in Peterboroughs direction. McAnthony has his faults but I don't think he just hands over money to his team and says 'off you go'. He is obviously involved because it is a crucial (if not THE most crucial) part of running a club.

We could have (should have) signed Thompson and Obrien. Two players who would be very valued in our team. But we p;ssed about and/or weren't interested in signing them. Just two examples where good quality players continue to slip through our fingers.

If we are still looking for strikers in 60 days time you can kiss goodbye to any expectations for this season. Where is the sense of urgency?! Our first game of the season is in 4 weeks.
(01-07-2022, 09:34 PM)Cowespompey Wrote: [ -> ]

O’brien has gone to Shrewsbury

I can't believe we've been out muscled by minnows like Shrewsbury!

We obviously weren't that interested in signing him with his reported high wage demands.
They don't slip through our fingers Pedalo. We don't even hold our hands out
We may re sign Marquis. DC spent the first half of last season repeatedly telling us that "Johnny" was the best striker he'd ever worked with.
Please AFCW, sign him so we can't. That's absolutely the sort of shit Pompey would do
(02-07-2022, 04:55 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]I cast an envious eye in Peterboroughs direction. McAnthony has his faults but I don't think he just hands over money to his team and says 'off you go'. He is obviously involved because it is a crucial (if not THE most crucial) part of running a club.

We could have (should have) signed Thompson and Obrien. Two players who would be very valued in our team. But we p;ssed about and/or weren't interested in signing them. Just two examples where good quality players continue to slip through our fingers.

If we are still looking for strikers in 60 days time you can kiss goodbye to any expectations for this season. Where is the sense of urgency?! Our first game of the season is in 4 weeks.

You think making AOB the highest paid player to be used as a sub is a good idea?  DC then has less money to spend on players he wants.
Deacon was good at splashing out on players for about a couple of seasons. Didn't work out very well.
Looking more and more likely the Cowley will walk away from this nightmare , he’s had enough of being lied to
(09-07-2022, 12:25 PM)Cowespompey Wrote: [ -> ]Looking more and more likely the Cowley will walk away from this nightmare , he’s had enough of being lied to

Oh yeah, our resident Caulkhead who admits to attending very few games knows what is going on at PFC ...... absolutely ridiculous .
(09-07-2022, 01:56 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2022, 12:25 PM)Cowespompey Wrote: [ -> ]Looking more and more likely the Cowley will walk away from this nightmare , he’s had enough of being lied to

Oh yeah, our resident Caulkhead who admits to attending very few games knows what is going on at PFC ...... absolutely ridiculous .

Speaking as an Overner, rather than a Caulkhead, yes you're correct, we do have a fairly good idea what's going on at PFC because we don't get the Snooze.
I don’t think Cowley is the problem. Tony brown pissing a round with contracts and getting deals done!
DC is "hopeful of having striker news" early next week. Fingers x
Aren't we all lol. Let's hope it is good news.
To give DC credit where it’s due. He took the Celtic nipper on trial which we only found out about during the Qatar game and now we find out he was in for a £25m rated striker from Everton- Oumar Niasse

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb...es-3763495
Pages: 1 2