TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Pompey v Qatar SC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone else going to this match or will I be the only PFC supporter there.
I suppose the ubiquitous Westie will be there though.
I'm offended we're playing them!
(02-07-2022, 01:23 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]I'm offended we're playing them!
Lol
I'm boycotting. How low is sportswashing prepared to go.

Next they'll be signing up Exterm for their latest golf invitational.
Not Great opposition. There top scorer & CF is 38. That makes Yakubu & Benjani seem young!
(02-07-2022, 01:33 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]I'm boycotting. How low is sportswashing prepared to go.

lol
(02-07-2022, 01:33 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]I'm boycotting. How low is sportswashing prepared to go.

Sign him up and keep him please.
You are such a JCL Isaac, only showing up for the big games
10 euros a ticket though ffs
But a game of 2 halves.....both 60 minutes...interesting concept
Looking forward to the match report Smile

Don't forget your suncream!
Well I hope they have names on their tops, otherwise I won't know who they are

My report along the lines of ...

The tall bloke with the long beard had a good game
The tiny one in midfield also etc etc etc
The bald one etc etc
(02-07-2022, 04:10 PM)farq2 Wrote: [ -> ]

lol
Don't worry Duffers after the British Open  I'm signing up to play golf in the UAE  Big Grin

Qatar and the UAE like each other as much as I like your  loony lefty mob, so there is no chance of me going there  Tongue
Why on earth is this game even happening. Aside from it being a terrible PR exercise, it sounds like they are sheeeite. Surely in Spain they could have found some decent Spanish opposition, or a better foreign club who are in training like us.
(09-07-2022, 08:15 AM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]Why on earth is this game even happening. Aside from it being a terrible PR exercise, it sounds like they are sheeeite. Surely in Spain they could have found some decent Spanish opposition, or a better foreign club who are in training like us.

Why is it terrible PR?

It’s only terrible PR to people who take offence at the slightest thing and most of those don’t go to FP anyway.

Even the evangelical woke ambassador Lineker isn’t letting his outrage get in the way of a nice little earner (all expenses paid and carbon producing of course) trip for the World Cup. 

There are lots of states where practices that most of us would not approve of are carried out on a daily basis but we can’t cut off contact with them all. Surely it is far better to stay in contact and try to persuade them to change their ways.

The worst of the lot is China but we’d all go bankrupt if we started boycotting them.

Pompey not playing Qatar SC would make not a jot of difference to anything.

Having said that, I agree that we could have set up a friendly with better quality Spanish opposition. 

More concerning is the lack of fecking forwards.

Well it’s another lovely day in Blighty and I’m off out, have a fun day folks.
Human atrocities, "the slightest thing".

Probably not your finest this year, but certainly top 3
(09-07-2022, 08:15 AM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]Why on earth is this game even happening. Aside from it being a terrible PR exercise, it sounds like they are sheeeite. Surely in Spain they could have found some decent Spanish opposition, or a better foreign club who are in training like us.

It was a hastily arranged replacement for Leicester (? some british club anyway) who dropped out at the last minute. This lot were only available because because other British sides had decided to pull out of games they had arranged with them for political reasons.    Better than no game at all.
(02-07-2022, 02:56 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Not Great opposition. There top scorer & CF is 38. That makes Yakubu & Benjani seem young!

Ibrahimovic
Giggs 
Sheringham

I don’t see what age has to do with whether they’re good opposition or not.

I haven’t seen them play.

Have you?
No Gifford today, injured in training and on crutches.
Why do we tackle harder in training than we do in matches?
2-0 Trialist and Bridgeman.

We are definitely winning the league.
(09-07-2022, 10:56 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Why do we tackle harder in training than we do in matches?
Yer mate is less likely to retaliate?
So we've now moved on to a game of three thirds.
I believe the triallist is 22 yr old Jonathon Aleyobi (?) an Irish lad who plays for Celtic but has played for a few other jockanese clubs. Started at scum youth iirc.
Anyway he scored along with Alfie Bridgeman
These gambles can pay off occasionally. What fabulous trialist Kanu was.
(09-07-2022, 05:09 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I believe the triallist is 22 yr old Jonathon Aleyobi (?) an Irish lad who plays for Celtic but has played for a few other jockanese clubs. Started at scum youth iirc.
Anyway he scored along with Alfie Bridgeman

Afolabi
Pages: 1 2