TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Gosport v Pompey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone there for updates?
Apparently we’re starting with this line up:
Trialist A; ( Olywayemi - the spurs guy ???)
 Freeman, Raggett, Robertson ©, Ogilvie;
Morrell, Tunnicliffe;
 Harness, Jacobs, Curtis; 
Trialist B ( Saydee??)
Probably not too far from our league starting (only)team.
Im here. We are terrible and losing. There is zero chance we reach the playoffs this season. Even if its pre season we've gone backwards.

If you offered it to me now I'd take mid table this season. This is what we've become under these owners.
(03-07-2022, 02:26 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Im here. We are terrible and losing. There is zero chance we reach the playoffs this season. Even if its pre season we've gone backwards.

If you offered it to me now I'd take mid table this season. This is what we've become under these owners.

Lol 4/10.
I know people are going to have a meltdown about this but it is not an indication in anyway of the coming season.
(03-07-2022, 03:05 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]I know people are going to have a meltdown about this but it is not an indication in anyway of the coming season.

Yes it is.
I think we have to filter out all the white noise and listen to credible sources about how our squad will shape up. Cullen has said signings are imminent so let's give the club the benefit of the doubt. However, if nothing happens in the coming week I'm afraid alarm bells will be ringing and I will be shifting my weight behind the stance of BA.
(03-07-2022, 03:24 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-07-2022, 03:05 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]I know people are going to have a meltdown about this but it is not an indication in anyway of the coming season.

Yes it is.

No it’s not.
Did anyone go that could give a sensible report. I know the keeper was an ex Swansea/ middlesboro player but did he change it completely at halftime ( like he did yesterday).
Also the Gosport squad apparently had quite a few ex Pompey nippers who would’ve had a point to prove.
(03-07-2022, 04:01 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Did anyone go that could give a sensible report. I know the keeper was an ex Swansea/ middlesboro player but did he change it completely at halftime ( like he did yesterday).
Also the Gosport squad apparently had quite a few ex Pompey nippers who would’ve had a point to prove.

Yes it was completely changed 2nd half with more trialists and kids playing.
We are in huge trouble this season. I was there again today and that was a disgrace.

We may not get relegated but we are going to be bottom half this season.

I've played professional football and the players and Cowleys will be concerned losing to Gosport even in pre season.
It's a wind up really. These games are supposed to be to gel the team ready for the reason. We are using the games as exhibitions for nippers. We aren't at it recruitment wise
(03-07-2022, 04:07 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]We are in huge trouble this season. I was there again today and that was a disgrace.

I've played professional football and the players and Cowleys will be concerned losing to Gosport even in pre season.

6/10 getting better. Good to include the lies about going to the games too.
(03-07-2022, 04:07 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]We are in huge trouble this season. I was there again today and that was a disgrace.

Reminds me of Ash/Carlin
Indeed
2nd game in two days always going to be a "pompey XI" so completely meaningless unless we are going to recruit a U23 team
Pompey (4-2-3-1): Trialist A (Steward 46); Freeman (Trialist C 46), Raggett (Mnoga 46), Robertson © (Trialist E), Ogilvie (Vincent 46); Morrell (Mingi 46), Tunnicliffe (Bridgman 46); Harness (Trialist D 46), Jacobs (Jewitt-White 46), Curtis (Reid 46); Trialist B (Gifford 46)
Subs not used: Laidlaw, Howell, Murray
I thought Trialist F played the 2nd half?
We had Joe Laidlaw on the bench and didn't use him!
Gerry H, Cullen has indeed said signings are imminent. In fact he's said it several times over the course of the last month. So it must be true.
(03-07-2022, 05:36 PM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]Gerry H, Cullen has indeed said signings are imminent. In fact he's said it several times over the course of the last month. So it must be true.

Difference this time is that he said last week that it would be within the week. So we can hold that statement - and him - to account if it doesn't happen.
Did he say there will be 100%? We did some very good business last year and I’m sure we will again.
From The News...."Speaking on BBC Radio Solent on Wednesday morning, he said he was very confident new arrivals would be announced ‘in the next few days and over the next week’. "
Chuckle 

Another scalp. Well done Barmy!
(03-07-2022, 07:19 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]From The News...."Speaking on BBC Radio Solent on Wednesday morning, he said he was very confident new arrivals would be announced ‘in the next few days and over the next week’. "

Strictly speaking Cullen was correct in his statement… Pompey women signed Sophie Quirk from Charlton this evening.
Pages: 1 2