TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Hirst
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hearing from a reliable source that this is a goer now after it wasn't before and we are in pole position, which has pleasantly surprised me.

I'm as negative as the next man when it comes to the current quality of our squad and our business so far but I'll be more optimistic if this gets over the line.
Worth a try
Come back in this thread in 7 days scumslayer. Positivity is not in my nature but I'm confident about this one.
He's young enough to give us a couple of years and build his CV.
Better bait BA.
T'will be interesting to see how many it draws in and get added to the Barmy army.
if waiting proves to be worthwhile with Hirst and perhaps carter returning, then I hope the constant gloom merchants will at least start to look forward to the next season.
Carter very unlikely but Hirst is probable. And yes you're right Hirst will be able to develop his cv with us.
Still won't match your CV though, will it Barmy?
(04-07-2022, 08:08 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Still won't match your CV though, will it Barmy?

Hirst is a better player than I was.
I was a better player than you were!
(04-07-2022, 06:13 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Hearing from a reliable source that this is a goer now after it wasn't before and we are in pole position, which has pleasantly surprised me.

I'm as negative as the next man when it comes to the current quality of our squad and our business so far but I'll be more optimistic if this gets over the line.

5/10.
Ipswich have had a bid rejected by Leicester today for a permanent deal to sign Hirst. 

Pompey are hoping of securing a loan deal, but that’s not Leicester’s preference. 

FFS Eisner, get your cheque book out and sign the lad up. I am 99% certain that whatever you pay now, you will double if not triple your money in a years time. Same could be said of Carter too.
In BlueArmy we trust. Signing by the end of the week. Nothing to worry about ;-)
(08-07-2022, 12:41 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]In BlueArmy we trust. Signing by the end of the week. Nothing to worry about ;-)

I would love to see Hirst sign but there is part of me that wants to prove BArmy wrong.
(08-07-2022, 12:45 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-07-2022, 12:41 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]In BlueArmy we trust. Signing by the end of the week. Nothing to worry about ;-)

I would love to see Hirst sign but there is part of me that wants to prove BArmy wrong.

You know perfectly well that Barmy is just pretendng that it is a done deal so he can slag the club off as incompetent if he doesn't sign, or say told you so' if he does. A win/win for him - definitely a 10/10 on the g100 scale.
Big announcement today then? ;-)
Of all the names swashing around - as per at this time of pre-season - signing George , or even another loan, would SIGNIFICANTLY change the mind-set of very many of the Fratton faithful.
If only......
Just read online somewhere that he's currently training with the Leicester 1st team & if he does go out on loan again more likely to be a Championship side. I hope this information is incorrect & Brendan Rogers let's us have him for the season with a recall in place in case of injuries.