TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Deja Vu?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So we’ve already been outbid by Stockport and Shrewsbury for potential forwards. Let’s hope we are serious and this time actually manage to fend off Derby and MK Dons. Hmmmmmm!

I really hope this window doesn’t end up the same as last year, lots of talk but no action until it’s to late. Although some might say it’s already a little late to bed in new players with 23 days to go till our first match.

So much for Cullens 10th June statement.
Expect Hirst to sign by Monday.

Possibly one other too. Definitely the one striker by Monday.
(07-07-2022, 12:16 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Expect Hirst to sign by Monday.

What happens to Hirst this week?
(07-07-2022, 12:11 PM)Dibdenblue Wrote: [ -> ]So we’ve already been outbid by Stockport and Shrewsbury for potential forwards. Let’s hope we are serious and this time actually manage to fend off Derby and MK Dons. Hmmmmmm!

I really hope this window doesn’t end up the same as last year, lots of talk but no action until it’s to late. Although some might say it’s already a little late to bed in new players with 23 days to go till our first match.

So much for Cullens 10th June statement.

The problem is that you are listening to talk.

Shrewsbury paid for a player who would start every week. That was more than we wanted to pay for a substitute. That’s not a bad thing, you want our wage bill to sit on the bench?

The business being done is being done is private, everything else is talk and guesses to fill articles.
I thought this was going to be a thread about the sublime CSN&Y album.
(07-07-2022, 12:18 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2022, 12:16 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Expect Hirst to sign by Monday.

What happens to Hirst this week?

'By monday'
Hope your right about Hirst, but can’t help feeling we are going to miss out again with our short sighted view on transfer fees. Last year it was Scott Twine this year it’s likely to be Colby Bishop.
I wouldn’t worry dibden he’s never been right before , he’s a troll.
(07-07-2022, 01:46 PM)Dibdenblue Wrote: [ -> ]Hope your right about Hirst, but can’t help feeling we are going to miss out again with our short sighted view on transfer fees. Last year it was Scott Twine this year it’s likely to be Colby Bishop.

I have no doubts if he is available that the club will do what they need to get him.  That doesn’t mean he’ll pick us but I back the club on this.

We don’t even know if he is available and to be honest I would expect a champ club to be in for him and he would pick them.
G100 those quotes were Cullen. Why would we not listen to the talk of our CEO?
(07-07-2022, 02:13 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]G100 those quotes were Cullen. Why would we not listen to the talk of our CEO?

What quotes?
I thought he was going to Costa del Blackburn(?)
(07-07-2022, 02:44 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]I thought he was going to Costa del Blackburn(?)
Cullen?
According to the News we have already lost out to Derby regarding Collins. Can’t see us getting Colby Bishop either, especially as MK Dons have £4 Million to play with after selling Scott Twine.

Are the Eisners ever going to help out financially to make us competitive? I thought, according to Cullen we were just waiting for June 10th to sign our top targets and get them in place before pre-season started. As usual that didn’t happen. Now it seems we are just going to keep missing out again to all our rivals.

Surely they can see after 5 years what happens if you blink this late in pre-season. Expect another disappointing window with last minute freebies and loans.
Mk Dons eating what they kill there