TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: My opinion of Danny Cowley has improved - he's not at fault here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whilst I don't think he is the best manager, Danny is clearly dedicated with Nicky and we are lucky to have them both. Hard work goes a long way. Hopefully they succeed with us. For all their technical talk, they seem like good blokes.

Watching the news facebook interview he did today (which you can see on the news facebook page), Danny was keeping a brave face but I sense he is very frustrated by the lack of support given by the owners.

Meanwhile Derby, Sheff Wed are signing quality player after player. We are miles off the pace.

I feel for Danny and Nicky because they can't build the side they want to all over the pitch. When you refer to plays like Reeco, Mingi etc as key players players you know you're in trouble. On the other side of the coin, if they somehow get us promoted on a limited budget then their stock goes up massively.

They are here for a long time though for sure as they wont get a bigger club than us. They won't be sacked unless we are floating around the relegation zone the whole season. The owners will be happy with mid table sadly and that should be a relatively easy target to meet for the Cowleys but not one they are happy with. They are ambitious.

Serious questions need to be asked of these owners for the lack of money invested into the squad for starters. 

I feel things could get nasty in the direction of the others re protests etc if some good signings arent made.

Make no mistake, the owners are to blame here, not Danny and Nicky
♫ It's nice to know you're here, it's nice to know you're here...♫
2/10 - same old crap you’ve been posting for 6 weeks.

You can do better than this.
The Cowleys are to football what Boris Johnson is to politics!
do they have the contacts to get value for money?
(07-07-2022, 05:52 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Whilst I don't think he is the best manager, Danny is clearly dedicated with Nicky and we are lucky to have them both. Hard work goes a long way. Hopefully they succeed with us. For all their technical talk, they seem like good blokes.

Watching the news facebook interview he did today (which you can see on the news facebook page), Danny was keeping a brave face but I sense he is very frustrated by the lack of support given by the owners.

Meanwhile Derby, Sheff Wed are signing quality player after player. We are miles off the pace.

I feel for Danny and Nicky because they can't build the side they want to all over the pitch. When you refer to plays like Reeco, Mingi etc as key players players you know you're in trouble. On the other side of the coin, if they somehow get us promoted on a limited budget then their stock goes up massively.

They are here for a long time though for sure as they wont get a bigger club than us. They won't be sacked unless we are floating around the relegation zone the whole season. The owners will be happy with mid table sadly and that should be a relatively easy target to meet for the Cowleys but not one they are happy with. They are ambitious.

Serious questions need to be asked of these owners for the lack of money invested into the squad for starters. 

I feel things could get nasty in the direction of the others re protests etc if some good signings arent made.

Make no mistake, the owners are to blame here, not Danny and Nicky

It all goes back to having a competitive budget which it looks sadly like we lack.
This "Eat what we kill" policy is totally crazy in practice.
I can't see the club getting out of this dvision until we have a change of owners unfortunately.
But they’re too fat, aren’t they?
Of course some managers have good contacts and I don't know if they do but they clearly are under big restrictions from the owners and Cullen.

All we seem to be doing is developing other clubs youngsters. 

The eat what we kill policy is a load of crap, an excuse for not spending money on getting promotion.

Dsmg  the cowleys are in good shape.

In terms of the lack of investment in the squad, I'd  go as far to say that the owners are a disgrace on that front.

I can see some big protests at fratton against the owners.
(07-07-2022, 07:33 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Of course some managers have good contacts and I don't know if they do but they clearly are under big restrictions from the owners and Cullen.

All we seem to be doing is developing other clubs youngsters. 

The eat what we kill policy is a load of crap, an excuse for not spending money on getting promotion.

Dsmg  the cowleys are in good shape.

In terms of the lack of investment in the squad, I'd  go as far to say that the owners are a disgrace on that front.

I can see some big protests at fratton against the owners.

Don't talk sh!t  BlueArmy, the Cowleys  have a good budget it is their  job to get best called for money.. 

So the signings of Vincent,  Mingi, Hume, Swanson  & the growing  potential of Mnoga, Reid & Hackett is developing other clubs youngsters - we have signed them you clown ? !!

Who are the alternatives to the owners we have, the present ones  are investing in the stadium, in Pompey Health & Fitness & will be in the player training facilities over the coming season.

There will be NO protests or are you coming over from Cape Town with your banner. 

No purported  ex- professional footballer would come out with all the utter crap  you do.Put up, give us your real name  or shut up !! 
A dinosaur known a KJ managed to get good results consistently on a similar or lower budget..

Good managers do that and play the football that suits their players.
Bad managers take the Oliver approach and whinge to the media and fans.
Most owners would have given NC a warning for constant moaning and booted him out for our lowest finish in years.
I don't hear Cowley moaning that much. For what he has had to put up with, he's actually not been as vocal as many would have, to his credit.

My frustration is firmly aimed at the owners, not the Cowleys.
(07-07-2022, 09:10 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]I don't hear Cowley moaning that much. For what he has had to put up with, he's actually not been as vocal as many would have, to his credit.

He could have signed 4 players for the money wasted on Azeez and Walker.  The money is there.
(07-07-2022, 09:13 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2022, 09:10 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]I don't hear Cowley moaning that much. For what he has had to put up with, he's actually not been as vocal as many would have, to his credit.

He could have signed 4 players for the money wasted on Azeez and Walker.  The money is there.

Four terrible players yes.

He has a decent eye for a player in my view. There will always be some poor buys but he's done OK recruitment wise with the money that's available to him.
(07-07-2022, 09:24 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2022, 09:13 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Four terrible players yes.

He has a decent eye for a player in my view. There will always be some poor buys but he's done OK recruitment wise with the money that's available to him.

Why would they be terrible if he has a good eye for a player?
(07-07-2022, 06:10 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]2/10 - same old crap you’ve been posting for 6 weeks.

g100 - You can do better too. Stop constantly posting all the time. You are not contributing to the discussion.
(07-07-2022, 10:02 PM)billyb Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2022, 06:10 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]2/10 - same old crap you’ve been posting for 6 weeks.

g100 - You can do better too. Stop constantly posting all the time. You are not contributing to the discussion.

Oh sure I’ll definitely do as you want. Bless
I dont think the Cowleys are at fault here but Kenny most definately was. Paul Cook brought in good players, in the mould the club have described, developed them and then we either sold them for a profit or completed player swaps. Kenny spent that money on the finished articles in John Marquis and let assets to the club run down their contracts so that they left on a free or very small fees. We had a pot of gold in div 2 which is now been frittered away. I dont think that is the Cowleys fault or the owners. You could place a large amount of responsibility on Mark Catlin for that cock up. Cullen seems to also not understand what getting value out of your sqaud is about but to be fair to him, he doesnt have a lot so its less relevant.
(07-07-2022, 10:02 PM)billyb Wrote: [ -> ]

Maybe so but 11 posts in over 18 months pretty much makes you a total non-contributor