TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Training in Spain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just watched the latest video of the training camp in Spain. Team bonding in the sea. Have been watching all the videos so far and had struck me how little joy there was amongst the players. This latest one is the first time I have seen any of them have any enjoyment. I know football is their job but surely there should be some enjoyment in being part of the team. The one exception was Curtis. Still seemed as moody as ever on the latest video. Looks like someone who doesn't want to be there.
Enjoying your work is crucial to success usually. If Curtis is still here in September I will be surprised and I'm sure he will be more than disappointed.
Curtis's best hope is that another L1 or SPL duffer club see something in him. He's reached his peak.
The players are probably thinking the same as us
Wasn’t he signing for Hibs according to the Snooze. Amazing that Blackburn have been linked for the last 2 years and yet he still hasn’t gone there.
He was heading for Hibs but they bought someone else instead
(09-07-2022, 04:17 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]He was heading for Hibs but they bought someone else instead

And said they were never interested in him.
Personally I think we’re playing a dangerous game and holding out for Hirst and the WBA keeper. Plus it wouldn’t surprise me if we did a cash plus player deal with Swansea/Harness. I’m not sure if anyone is interested in Curtis .
Are we still interested in the Spurs nipper , apparently he was available for £300k.
People forgetting the shit Curtis has been through in his family life methinks.
(09-07-2022, 05:00 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]People forgetting the shit Curtis has been through in his family life methinks.

Is that what made him take Pompey out of his social media bio’s last season?
(09-07-2022, 05:31 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2022, 05:00 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]People forgetting the shit Curtis has been through in his family life methinks.

Is that what made him take Pompey out of his social media bio’s last season?

Or (allegedly) go round thumping fans on nights out? Or having no ability to cross the ball. Or having a poor attitude on the pitch in general.
I reckon what he has been through would absolutely affect his attitude on and off the pitch, and ability to cross the ball, yes.

That said, the place he is now in mentally, this season I expect him to prove it and show his best.