TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Sheff Wed away
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Win, lose or draw
Heart says win, head says we get battered
(10-07-2022, 07:07 AM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Win, lose or draw

I think anything is possible at the start of the season but hard to say until we have a few more through the door.

Currently most likely a loss.
I believe Sheff Wed have made 4 or 5 signings already so their pre season teamwork should be ahead of hours. I wouldn’t worry if we get beat as the old ‘ we had a couple of new guys in today and we’re catching up, they’ve missed a couple of weeks preseason but they’re getting there’ excuse will be rolled out.
(10-07-2022, 07:07 AM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Win, lose or draw

As we don’t have a clue what the Pompey line up will be. or the Wednesday line up for that matter, it’s impossible to say with any degree of accuracy.

It’s always difficult playing there though, so the balance of probability is on a Wednesday win.
We are weaker than last season and they are stronger. 

They destroyed us last game. We lost 4 1 but for the keeper it would have been much more.

I think we will lose 5 0. Sheff Wednesday have a championship squad.
(10-07-2022, 10:01 AM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]We are weaker than last season and they are stronger. 

They destroyed us last game. We lost 4 1 but for the keeper it would have been much more.

How do you know we will be weaker ? You havent a clue who we will be signing yet.
(10-07-2022, 10:21 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2022, 10:01 AM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]We are weaker than last season and they are stronger. 

How do you know we will be weaker ? You havent a clue who we will be signing yet.

We are currently weaker. I'm not sure that is up for debate? 

The recruitment team will have to pull several proverbial rabbits out of the hat in the next 2+ weeks for that to change. I appreciate that is not impossible. But it is improbable. 

By contrast, Sheffield Wed's finished the season strongly, have recruited well, and recruited early. So the odds are stacked against us.

Let's be optimistic. I'm going for 0-0. May as well try and defend a point.
Do not give a fook what the score is, I’m more interested in what beer they’ve got in the city. Good ground, good city.
Iirc Ipswich signed a shed load of players before the start of last season and were shite until they eventually pulled things together, so feck knows
"How do you know we will be weaker ? You havent a clue who we will be signing yet."

There lies the problem; we don't know who we're signing yet, and nor does Cowley.

7/10 solid

He knows exactly who we’ll be signing.
(10-07-2022, 11:07 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]

The recruitment team will have to pull several proverbial rabbits out of the hat in the next 2+ weeks for that to change. I appreciate that is not impossible. But it is improbable. 

By contrast, Sheffield Wed's finished the season strongly, have recruited well, and  recruited early. So the odds are stacked against us.

Hirst signed in August.
(10-07-2022, 12:23 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

By contrast, Sheffield Wed's finished the season strongly, have recruited well, and  recruited early. So the odds are stacked against us.

Hirst signed in August.

Indeed. And when did he score first? And where did we finish?

Assuming we still harbour ambitions of promotion, we can't afford another slow start to the season.
Are we allowed to wait until a day or two before the game before we comment?
(10-07-2022, 12:27 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2022, 12:23 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Hirst signed in August.

Indeed. And when did he score first? And where did we finish?

Assuming we still harbour ambitions of promotion, we can't afford another slow start to the season.

I don’t think that’s related to when he signed, he’d never scored a goal before!

Didn’t we win our first 3 games?
Yep then we drew at Donny 0.0. 10 pts from 12, it all went downhill from then
(10-07-2022, 05:03 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Yep then we drew at Donny 0.0.  10 pts from 12, it all went downhill from then

I’ll take a slow start then!!
If it is as hot as it has been, I very much hope we don't play the high press. We'll have no players left at all!
What are the odds of the game being postponed due to a sudden surge in covid/monkey pox cases in Sheffield
(10-07-2022, 11:47 AM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]Do not give a fook what the score is, I’m more interested in what beer they’ve got in the city. Good ground, good city.

Solid fan then  Tongue
(10-07-2022, 01:10 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Are we allowed to wait until a day or two before the game before we comment?

As you wish ,this is not the Spanish Inquisition