TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Portsmouth Ahead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(10-02-2021, 01:38 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not attacking Cannon, I like him, but I expected a better goal return from especially as he is more of an attacking central midfielder,although he's probably only doing what Jackass wants him to do. Having read a lot about Byers and admittedly I've only seen him on YouTube, I do believe he's the best CM we have at the club.

Cannon is an excellent player and, in my opinion, is very consistent too.

Williams is also an excellent player at this level and would be on my team sheet every time.

Daniels is class too.

If we had strikers who were half decent, we’d be over the hill and far away by now.

Harrison is a hard working player and I’ve got nothing against him, but he couldn’t hit a barn door most of the time. Marquis misses far too many easy chances as well.

Hopefully Jacobs will be back soon too, he is another class performer at Div 1 level.
Up until the last couple of matches Cannon has had a good season, I feel that the hectic schedule is starting to catch up with him though and he could do with a rest.

In the meantime he needs to work on his left foot as other teams have sussed out how one footed he is - still can't understand why a lot of professional footballers are so one footed.
(10-02-2021, 03:13 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]Up until the last couple of matches Cannon has had a good season,  I feel that the hectic schedule is starting to catch up with him though and he could do with a rest.

In the meantime he  needs to work on his left foot as other teams have sussed out how one footed he is - still can't understand why a lot of  professional footballers are so one footed.

When he first played for us Cannon could noticably not last more than about an hour before tiring, a problem that he appeared to have fixed in this run in the team, but I wonder if the busy schedule is making that a factor again because although he still looks full of running he has started losing possession in key areas late on in games. 

Perhaps time to revert to giving him the first hour at full throttle then replacing him with Byers if we need a to create a goal, or White if we need to hold on to possession and kill a game.
Canon's problem is running around at full pelt with his head down. He does not conserve his energy or read the game.

He's like Scrappy Do, he wants to run around and deck someone but he's only a little dog.

We like him, of course, because we like effort.

But that approach is robbing him of having enough energy to see games out.

He needs to raise his gaze and stop following the ball, and he needs to do it quickly now that we have players of the calibre of Byers or he isn't going to make the squads.
As much as I really like Andy Cannon, I'd have Byers in the team everytime. As for Harvey White!! why is here? and what does he add that Close doesn't ( and that ain't much tbh)
regarding Canon and others.. The pressing game must be very hard to carry out twice a week. That's why we have a squad, so we need to use some form of rotation. We probably don't need to rotate Naylor as he is collecting cards so quickly he will get a break soon anyhow.
(10-02-2021, 10:04 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]regarding Canon and others.. The pressing game must be very hard to carry out twice a week. That's why we have a squad, so we need to use some form of rotation. We probably don't need to rotate Naylor as he is collecting cards so quickly he will get a break soon anyhow.

Indeed ... Naylor has got to go six games without a yellow to avoid a two match ban.  Can't see him managing that somehow.
(10-02-2021, 10:23 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2021, 10:04 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]regarding Canon and others.. The pressing game must be very hard to carry out twice a week. That's why we have a squad, so we need to use some form of rotation. We probably don't need to rotate Naylor as he is collecting cards so quickly he will get a break soon anyhow.

Indeed ... Naylor has got to go six games without a yellow to avoid a two match ban.  Can't see him managing that somehow.

Is he up to nine bookings? I missed that tbh. I had him on 8?
(11-02-2021, 11:53 AM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2021, 10:23 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Is he up to nine bookings? I missed that tbh. I had him on 8?

Interestingly the OS shows him on 7.  He has had 9 but I now see two of them were in the FA Cup, so I'm assuming they do not count towards a league suspension. Anyone know ?
"In the past, yellow cards picked up in the Premier League, football leagues, FA Cup or Carabao Cup would be added up together. ... However, the changes this season will see yellow cards only counting in the competition they are received. Red cards will continue to count across all competitions."

So it looks like he has 7 cards fior now.
(11-02-2021, 03:09 PM)hilsea12 Wrote: [ -> ]"In the past, yellow cards picked up in the Premier League, football leagues, FA Cup or Carabao Cup would be added up together. ... However, the changes this season will see yellow cards only counting in the competition they are received. Red cards will continue to count across all competitions."

So it looks like he has 7 cards fior now.

Thanks Hilsea
Pages: 1 2