TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: BASS - a sound name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For me BASS is our best bet this season unless we get very lucky and pick up another Premier startlet. 

It would be dangerous to allow him to leave ( rumoured Crawley interest) he will only improve, and we could regret it big time if he is pushed out. 

As I suggested some time ago, he has done nothing wrong - a sound, no problem,  professional, and more urgent attention should be addressed to our needs up top.
Yet seems destined to be the eternal nipper.
This season, Isaac he must be given a deserved chance to endorse his status as our No 1.

He will only mature with appearances, and sound performances .
I agree .
I think we should resign ourselves that he is not going to be DC’s first choice and therefore likely to leave.

Everything for DC is about passing it out from the back.
Doesn't matter if your forwards can't pass, only your keeper. Funny old game
(11-07-2022, 09:00 AM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't matter if your forwards can't pass, only your keeper. Funny old game

It’s all about not losing the ball for DC.
And the new goal-keeping coach has even less to do. Is he reduced to teaching outfield players to go in goal in an emergency?
(11-07-2022, 11:28 AM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]And the new goal-keeping coach has even less to do. Is he reduced to teaching outfield players to go in goal in an emergency?

He’s working with the strikers.
(11-07-2022, 11:28 AM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]And the new goal-keeping coach has even less to do. Is he reduced to teaching outfield players to go in goal in an emergency?

????

He's got two keepers to work with and will have three before the season starts whether Bass goes or not.
They are presumably youth keepers and not on my radar.
(11-07-2022, 01:57 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]They are presumably youth keepers and not on my radar.

He's got Bass & Steward at the moment .... one more to come in or two more if Bass goes.
i still don't recall a lot of goals or shots coming following a nice ball out from Baz. Over a season far more come from a long pass/punt, one pass and a man in on goal.
I expect that Cowley will play the best keeper at his disposal.

I was perfectly happy with his selection last season.
(12-07-2022, 04:58 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I expect that Cowley will play the best keeper at his disposal.

I was perfectly happy with his selection last season.

Who wouldn't be
(11-07-2022, 02:11 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2022, 01:57 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]They are presumably youth keepers and not on my radar.

He's got Bass & Steward at the moment .... one more to come in or two more if Bass goes.

Just getting ready for the inevitable announcement saying Bassy has gone...........
(19-07-2022, 10:56 AM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2022, 02:11 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Just getting ready for the inevitable announcement saying Bassy has gone...........

Won’t be long.
The Snooze are saying Exeter are in for Bassy but they want him on loan
Bass - "And we wish him well".
(19-07-2022, 11:49 AM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]The Snooze are saying Exeter are in for Bassy but they want him on loan

A loan would be perfect all round for everyone. If he does well he could still be our first choice next season.

But the reality is that Bass has not made an unanswerable case to be our no. 1 yet. He has just shown the potential to be able to do that. But if he is not prepared to back himself to challenge effectively against a keeper 4 years his junior who is not as good as Bazunu was last year, then maybe he is better moving on.
Just seems like we have a manager who offloads all previous signings on principal. The team he has built just better be good enough for the play offs, otherwise he has taken us backwards.
The previous signings that DC has let go have won us feck all and with the exception of maybe 2 of those players they all needed to go.
(19-07-2022, 02:16 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Just seems like we have a manager who offloads all previous signings on principal. The team he has built just better be good enough for the play offs, otherwise he has taken us backwards.

He was desperate to persuade Raggett & Jacobs to sign new contracts this summer, and succceeded. So how does that fit with your supposed principle. 

I can't think of anyone who has gone who had made a case for being kept on .... underachievers all of them and mostly just players who moved on naturally when their contracts ended or were about to end.
Actually a loan would be good - at least we retain him as our player.

And, as I said at the start ," unless we get very lucky and pick up another Premier starlet ".

Maybe we have - time will tell on that one, but wish Alex Bass all the best if he goes on loan.
(19-07-2022, 02:14 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-07-2022, 11:49 AM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]The Snooze are saying Exeter are in for Bassy but they want him on loan

A loan would be perfect all round for everyone. If he does well he could still be our first choice next season.

But the reality is that Bass has not made an unanswerable case to be our no. 1 yet. He has just shown the potential to be able to do that. But if he is not prepared to back himself to challenge effectively against a keeper 4 years his junior who is not as good as Bazunu was last year, then maybe he is better moving on.

He won’t be our number one ever, DC doesn’t want him.

There is no opportunity for him to fight for his place.

Best thing for everyone is he moves on for a fee.
Pages: 1 2