TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Joe Pigott
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Close to signing on loan apperantly from Ipswich.

He's a good striker, although shame it won't initially at least be a permanent deal.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news...-confirmed
Better 7/10
(11-07-2022, 04:54 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Close to signing on loan apperantly from Ipswich.

He's a good striker, although shame it won't initially at least be a permanent deal.

If you hadn't already told us Hirst was on his way I would be worried that this means he is on his way to Ipswich.

But an excellent signing if he can return to his Wimbledon form, and if we could get Hirst alongside him that would be as good a partenrship as we have had for years.
Yes, looking like Ipswich are calling the shots with Hirst. If they want him, we won't compete.

Piggott looked good at Wimbledon. I was surprised he wanted to go to Ipswich when it was clear he was going to be back up. Money talks though.
(11-07-2022, 04:54 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Close to signing on loan apperantly from Ipswich.

What happend to Hirst? Your weeks up!

Are you admitting your sources is an Ipswich fans site?

1/10 - poor effort.
One of the best options around. Hopefully he can hit the ground running, and he has proven he can score 20 goals in a season in this league. So if we can get at leased 15 out of him, we will be in with a shout next season...

I am going to be greedy now. Can we also get Norwood or Bishop to go with him....PLEASE. Preferably Bishop as he plays as a number 10..
Good article from the News ( shock) , interview with Jordan Cross about strikers and DC

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb...rn-3763854
(11-07-2022, 06:31 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Good article from the News ( shock) , interview with Jordan Cross about strikers and DC

Any chance you can copy the text to this page. I can’t be arsed to register.
(11-07-2022, 07:52 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2022, 06:31 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Good article from the News ( shock) , interview with Jordan Cross about strikers and DC

Any chance you can copy the text to this page. I can’t be arsed to register.

If you keep Clearing your history, you don't need to register.
Go Google incognito mode.
why is loan to buy a bad thing?
Cheers for the tips. Having watched it, clearly JC was being fairly diplomatic in what he said having spent a week gaining the clubs trust. Aside from learning Hirst has shown eagerness to come back to FP I didn't take much comfort from any of what was said. In fact, if we take what was said at face value, it reinforced how difficult DC is finding it to work within the constraints of the the budget. Add to that the player recruitment position is nowhere near being filled, he is probably facing a thankless task right now recruiting not just one but a trio of strikers to put together a squad worthy of promotion.
I must admit I felt a bit sorry for DC, I was also concerned that the reason why we don’t have a great budget compared to MK Dons is because they had £8m from transfer fees, maybe if we had a decent academy and development team we could bring through our players to sell. So much to eat what you kill. The only 2 players with anything realistic are Harness and Curtis and both their values have decreased in the last 2 seasons.
Re. JC's snooze article: This is becoming so frustrating. If having Brighton, Scum and Bournemouth two leagues higher wasn't bad enough, we now don't seem to be able to pay the money needed to field a promotion challenging team - in League One FFS!
(11-07-2022, 09:21 PM)billyb Wrote: [ -> ]Re. JC's snooze article: This is becoming so frustrating. If having Brighton, Scum and Bournemouth two leagues higher wasn't bad enough, we now don't seem to be able to pay the money needed to field a promotion challenging team - in League One FFS!

Mmm 'frustrating'? Not really, 'downright embarrassing' would be a better phrase.
Poor old Eisners had their fingers burnt on Marquis and Harrison. Bad luck; their fault for keeping Jackett in a job two years too long!
I assume the playing budget has a degree of flexibility and that that will be reflected as a result of the unexpected increase in season ticket sales compared with last season and currently we can still make five more loan signings...that's four if we take Piggott. We all know that even loan signings don't come cheap.
(11-07-2022, 08:58 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers for the tips.  Having watched it, clearly JC was being fairly diplomatic in what he said having spent a week gaining the clubs trust.  Aside from learning Hirst has shown eagerness to come back to FP I didn't take much comfort from any of what was said.  In fact, if we take what was said at face value, it reinforced how difficult DC is finding it to work within the constraints of the the budget.  Add cashto that the player recruitment position is nowhere near being filled, he is probably facing a thankless task right now recruiting not just one but a trio of strikers to put together a squad worthy of promotion.

It isn’t a thankless task. A manager is well paid to get results with the lowest expenditure possible. The only people who are doing a thankless task are the Eisners. 
There are many on here who expect someone else to come in and frittering away their money on their cash on any player that you so called supporters fancy. Then, when it doesn’t work out, oh well never mind, expect them to buy another one. You really need to get in the real world and appreciate what you’ve got!

Put your own money in and I’ll be far more impressed and willing to listen to you. There is no maximum amount you can pay for a season ticket. Get yer hands in yer pockets and put your money where your big gob is, the lot of you!
But some Cunning - "don't like it up 'em".......
i.e. - the truth and pragmatic FACTS !
(12-07-2022, 04:33 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2022, 08:58 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers for the tips.  Having watched it, clearly JC was being fairly diplomatic in what he said having spent a week gaining the clubs trust.  Aside from learning Hirst has shown eagerness to come back to FP I didn't take much comfort from any of what was said.  In fact, if we take what was said at face value, it reinforced how difficult DC is finding it to work within the constraints of the the budget.  Add cashto that the player recruitment position is nowhere near being filled, he is probably facing a thankless task right now recruiting not just one but a trio of strikers to put together a squad worthy of promotion.

It isn’t a thankless task. A manager is well paid to get results with the lowest expenditure possible. The only people who are doing a thankless task are the Eisners. 
There are many on here who expect someone else to come in and frittering away their money on their cash on any player that you so called supporters fancy. Then, when it doesn’t work out, oh well never mind, expect them to buy another one. You really need to get in the real world and appreciate what you’ve got!

Put your own money in and I’ll be far more impressed and willing to listen to you. There is no maximum amount you can pay for a season ticket. Get yer hands in yer pockets and put your money where your big gob is, the lot of you!

I did put my own money in, thanks, at the time of the Trust ownership. I'm sure you did too. Many other fans who are entitled to an opinion did too.

I've never suggested that the Eisners should overspend.  Never.  I'm sure you'll agree that the (Eisners expectation for this season is play-offs as a minimum.  It certainly should be.  But they should have realised by now that to achieve promotion (if they truly want it) it is going to mean occasionally making an exception in the transfer market (especially when you are under 3 weeks away from the start of the season and we still need 3 strikers). As an example, the 3 teams promoted last season flexed more financial muscle. I've mentioned elsewhere, pushing the boat out for the proven Hirst.  Anyway, these points have been done to death on this site.  They are billionaires who bought a club at what was technically, thanks to the legal restrictions, an undervalue.  They have not shown billionaire intent in progressing it forward up the league.  Many struggle to see what their aim really is.  

The "probable" (ie. how it appears) thankless task is a result of the expectations, limited budget, and lack of support within the club (missing recruitment position).  yes, DC should be able to contribute significantly to the recruitment process but in the modern day a head coach is not the chief, cook and bottle washer.  

I suspect, as manager of a club with so much potential, you would feel some of his frustration too.
The Whys & the wherefores' of how the club is run is down to the owners, CEO and the first team manager , All us fans want is a team competing on the pitch with a view to getting out of this dreadful league. If Hurst is available on a permanent deal I would hope Cullen would bend the chairman's ear and get the dosh we needed to secure his services.
(12-07-2022, 11:19 AM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]

I did put my own money in, thanks, at the time of the Trust ownership. I'm sure you did too. Many other fans who are entitled to an opinion did too.

I've never suggested that the Eisners should overspend.  Never.  I'm sure you'll agree that the (Eisners expectation for this season is play-offs as a minimum.  It certainly should be.  But they should have realised by now that to achieve promotion (if they truly want it) it is going to mean occasionally making an exception in the transfer market (especially when you are under 3 weeks away from the start of the season and we still need 3 strikers). As an example, the 3 teams promoted last season flexed more financial muscle. I've mentioned elsewhere, pushing the boat out for the proven Hirst.  Anyway, these points have been done to death on this site.  They are billionaires who bought a club at what was technically, thanks to the legal restrictions, an undervalue.  They have not shown billionaire intent in progressing it forward up the league.  Many struggle to see what their aim really is.  

The "probable" (ie. how it appears) thankless task is a result of the expectations, limited budget, and lack of support within the club (missing recruitment position).  yes, DC should be able to contribute significantly to the recruitment process but in the modern day a head coach is not the chief, cook and bottle washer.  

I suspect, as manager of a club with so much potential, you would feel some of his frustration too.

I totally applaud your financial input.

I also applaud the Eisners input and, more importantly, I continue to applaud their huge financial input. In fact, if they do what they say they are going to do, I will be applauding an ever increasing input. That’s where the difference lies. Your input was in the past, whereas theirs is ongoing and it is a very impressive amount.

As regards the last comment…….

It isn’t an awful league. There are some very good players and teams are continuing to improve every year. That’s where our problem lies because we can’t just rely on our perceived financial clout. We are competing with clubs that are as big if not bigger than us. There are certainly clubs who are richer than us.
(12-07-2022, 11:41 AM)mike hunt Wrote: [ -> ]The Whys & the wherefores' of how the club is run is down to the owners, CEO and the first team manager , All us fans want is a team competing on the pitch with a view to getting out of this dreadful league. If Hurst is available on a permanent deal  I would hope Cullen would bend the chairman's ear and get the dosh we needed to secure his services.

If we end up with any two of Hirst, Pigott & Bishop, plus someone like the Celtic lad as backup we will have a squad more than capable of challenging for promotion.  With the exception of Bazunu & Carter we would be equal or stronger in every position to the team that showed promotion form from January onwards. 

And the squad will be much much  deeper with the likes of Vincent, Mnoga, Mingi, Jewitt-White and Reid all looking ready for first team squad inclusion.
I think Bishop is out of our range atm, but I reckon Afolabi and Pigott in the next day or 2. Hopefully Hume and Vincent are all we need at LB unless he’s going to send Vincent out on loan . It’ll be interested if he sees Ogilvie as a FB or CB in a back 3.
This is Pompey, you know he will loan the LB out and backfill him with a CB being played out of position
(12-07-2022, 02:39 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

I also applaud the Eisners input and, more importantly, I continue to applaud their huge financial input. In fact, if they do what they say they are going to do, I will be applauding an ever increasing input. That’s where the difference lies. Your input was in the past, whereas theirs is ongoing and it is a very impressive amount.

It isn’t an awful league. There are some very good players and teams are continuing to improve every year. That’s where our problem lies because we can’t just rely on our perceived financial clout. We are competing with clubs that are as big if not bigger than us. There are certainly clubs who are richer than us.

“That’s where the difference lies. Your input was in the past, whereas theirs is ongoing and it is a very impressive amount.“

That may be because they are billionaires, and I’m not. Just saying.
(12-07-2022, 04:53 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2022, 02:39 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

“That’s where the difference lies. Your input was in the past, whereas theirs is ongoing and it is a very impressive amount.“

That may be because they are billionaires, and I’m not. Just saying.

Quite correct. So just give proportionally and if they suddenly increase their budget for the playing staff, you can do the same.
I hope you've paid a decent wedge towards the ground improvements too. Oh, and the purchase of Roko, the lost money for Marquis and Harrison, the severance pay to get of Jacket, the money that got pissed up the wall for Walker, the lost millions during COVID.............

Done nuffink, the Eisners. Barely put a penny into the club and I bet that next week they'll sell Fratton Park and run away with a huge profit......(how much is Fratton worth, anyway?)

No, you're right and I'm just saying.
Pages: 1 2 3