TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Raffety Signed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Only played in five league matches last season. Was he injured or just not in favour?
(11-07-2022, 09:08 PM)PompeyDB Wrote: [ -> ]Only played in five league matches last season. Was he injured or just not in favour?

Not necessarily out of favour, more of back up squad player. He never sets the world alight, more of a steady Eddie type player. It will be interesting to see if Cowley chooses Rafferty or Swanson as the preferred right back.
I reckon Swanson with Rafferty as cover. Freeman will be off soon
Rafferty is highly regarded at Rochdale. Former player of the year and he’s played in a promotion winning side.

On the face of it, a player to be optimistic about.
(11-07-2022, 09:59 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I reckon Swanson with Rafferty as cover. Freeman will be off soon

Reading Cowleys comments today about Joe and his ringing endorsement, it sounds like he is shoe in first choice at right back. It’s Swanson who has no senior football experience in his career to date that is likely to be back up.
I think it might depend if we’re using fullbacks or wingbacks