TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Bolton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Another solid showing. Jack's done his time but will he get straight back in the side?
Competition for CB positions has to be a good thing for Pompey.

We could just do with competition for strikers and I reckon we'd be top. Scoring goals still but they aren't coming from up front.
Bolton has the shirt and should carry on as far as I’m concerned, Jackett however who Fcuking knows
(10-02-2021, 07:38 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Another solid showing. Jack's done his time but will he get straight back in the side?
Competition for CB positions has to be a good thing for Pompey.

We could just do with competition for strikers and I reckon we'd be top. Scoring goals still but they aren't coming from up front.

Harrison is a CF I thought??  Big Grin
Bolton is playing well and doesn't deserve to lose his TBH and Raggett ways in with the odd goal. A drop of form from either and jack's back in.
I think KJ will put Whatmough back in which will be a massive injustice as Bolton has earned the shirt and Whatmough only has himself to blame for the suspension, not to mention some poor judgement over the own goals.
I'd put Jack back in. He is a better player and you want them in the starting XI.

Glad that Bolton has come in and done well but he and Raggett were not good against Plymouth. At least Bolton is a better CB than Downing!
(10-02-2021, 02:52 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]I'd put Jack back in. He is a better player and you want them in the starting XI.

Glad that Bolton has come in and done well but he and Raggett were not good against Plymouth. At least Bolton is a better CB than Downing!

Agreed. 

It's tough on Bolton but you have to play your best team. At least we now have 4 centre backs we can trust to some extent (still not totally convinced by Rasmus) and with two games a week we are bound to need them.
If Kenny drops Bolton after those two showings then he's a coont of the highest order who hasn't got the first idea about man management.
(10-02-2021, 05:43 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]If Kenny drops Bolton after those two showings then he's a coont of the highest order who hasn't got the first idea about man management.

That depends on what he told Bolton when he picked him and what he tells him when he leaves him out. 

Bolton will have known he was only standing in for Jack and will not have expected to keep him out of the team, and although he has done better than most fans expected it won't have been better than he or KJ expected.  And to be honest anyone could have marked Pitman last night.

Decide on your best team and pick it.  And that must include Whatmough.

It's only a few weeks since everyone was telling Jackett to get rid of Bolton during January.
"It's only a few weeks since everyone was telling Jackett to get rid of Bolton during January".

Yup!
Watch the Plymouth game and tell me Bolton is good enough to keep his place at CB.

I'm glad he did well against swindon & Wimbledon but he was found out against Plymouth's half decdent mobile striker. (As was Raggett).
We only have one decent CB at the club but unfortunately he keeps getting injured.

>It's tough on Bolton but you have to play your best team<
If only the useless twat applied that 'rule' on a regular basis we probably wouldn't be in this awful league.
Jackett out!
Yes, there's a good plan - replace the player in form with one who scores own goals for fun and lunges in with two-footed tackles that gets himself sent off. Whatmough IS a good player but there is something that has made his game go completely AWOL lately and that has cost us points.
I really don't think its a black and white decision, but certainly feel Bolton has pushed himself above Rasmus now. Rasmus always gives me the feeling he will do something rash and get a red card wheras Jack's was a little out of the blue.
I've always been a big fan of JW but the knee operations have definitely had an effect on his pace and ability to turn quickly.

JB hasn't made any horrendous mistakes as JW did in his last 2/3 games. The goals Plymouth scored were not just his fault.

He keeps his place on merit imop.
(11-02-2021, 07:32 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, there's a good plan - replace the player in form with one who scores own goals for fun and lunges in with two-footed tackles that gets himself sent off. Whatmough IS a good player but there is something that has made his game go completely AWOL lately and that has cost us points.

I'd say neither own goal was his fault, and the tackle was far from an automatic red as he blocked the ball, which is why we appealed.   He has maybe not been at his best recently but those incidents are not evidence of any loss of form.

And at his best he is head and shoulders our best defender.
>And at his best he is head and shoulders our best defender. <

and has been for years
(11-02-2021, 09:59 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]>And at his best he is head and shoulders our best defender. <

and has been for years

Out of interest how many years?
At least 5
(12-02-2021, 07:30 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]At least 5

Can't see Brighton or Derby in a rush to swap Webster or Clarke who have consistently performed against better strikers, can carry the ball and offer a greater threat from set pieces with Jack.
On his day Jack is/was than Clarke or Webster (IMO),unfortunately I believe his injuries have hampered hie progress
Better or worse?
(13-02-2021, 04:12 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]On his day Jack is/was than Clarke or Webster (IMO),unfortunately I believe his injuries have hampered hie progress

If it wasn't for his injuries he would have been snapped up before Webster or Clarke ... he was attracting premiership interest before his first cruciate. 

The good news for us is that clubs are unlikely to gamble on his fitness for a few years yet.
I agree Deep.
dsmg, if you read my post earlier you'll see that I meant better. Hope that clears it up for you.
Got it
Pages: 1 2