TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Hirst
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Where’s he going then?

Pompey, Ipswich or Blackburn?
BlueArmy, where is Hirst?
I hope he comes back to us but worried about the weight of optimism we’re pinning on him. However, I can’t help thinking Ipswich will nick him and that’s the only way they’ll allow Pigott to join us.
Don't think it will be long before we know his future. BlueArmy surely you are in the know ?
Hirst is definitely not coming to us and Pompey are supposedly out of the running. Ipswich have apparently made an improved offer to ward off interest from Blackburn. They are the two front runners to sign George permanently, whereas we are just want to sign him on a season long loan.
Collins chose Derby over us for a proper contract not a loan deal. Hirst may end up going same way, time will tell. Maybe it’s time we stopped pratting about with so many loans?
(14-07-2022, 11:58 AM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Hirst is definitely not coming to us and Pompey are supposedly out of the running. Ipswich have apparently made an improved offer to ward off interest from Blackburn. They are the two front runners to sign George permanently, whereas we are just want to sign him on a season long loan.

Supposedly out of the running ?  According to who ?   Neil Allen today wrote about seeing the texts that Hirst has sent to DC .... not conclusive of course by any means but clearly not out of the running.  I'd rate our chance 50/50.
Money talks. We haven't got any
(14-07-2022, 12:32 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Money talks. We haven't got any

I’m at 90% he isn’t coming.  I do think there is a chance the Eisners stick in the money to buy him.

If we do get him, let’s hope it’s 2022 version.
(14-07-2022, 12:24 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-07-2022, 11:58 AM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Hirst is definitely not coming to us and Pompey are supposedly out of the running. Ipswich have apparently made an improved offer to ward off interest from Blackburn. They are the two front runners to sign George permanently, whereas we are just want to sign him on a season long loan.

Supposedly out of the running ?  According to who ?   Neil Allen today wrote about seeing the texts that Hirst has sent to DC .... not conclusive of course by any means but clearly not out of the running.  I'd rate our chance 50/50.

George would prefer to join us, but we won't stump up the cash to buy him permanently or match the wages offered by Ipswich and Blackburn. If we did, it blows our budget right out of the water. When you think it's just one player and we need two more strikers, a centre back and goalkeeper, it kinda makes sense. 

Just goes to show how paltry our 'competitive' budget actually is!
I would rather get bishop and pigott then hirst.
(14-07-2022, 12:50 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]I would rather get bishop and pigott then hirst.

Problem is, Ipswich won't loan us Piggot until they have a replacement for him. Whether that be Hirst or A another.
We can use the savings from releasing Walker & Hirst on loan to pay Hirst's wages and someone else as well.  It's stumping up the fee to buy Hirst that might be an issue, but we do not even know they want to sell him yet or just loan him out again.   If he is loaned out our chances of getting him must be very good. 

But I wouldn't discount Tornante breaking the budget to sign Hirst if necessary , given how strongly DC wants him. He has asked them to 'push the boat out' to get him
(14-07-2022, 12:56 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-07-2022, 12:50 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]I would rather get bishop and pigott then hirst.

Problem is, Ipswich won't loan us Piggot until they have a replacement for him. Whether that be Hirst or A another.

You still haven't told us where you saw we were "supposedly out of the running".  Or was that just your assumption pretending to have a proper source ?
(14-07-2022, 01:22 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-07-2022, 12:56 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

You still haven't told us where you saw we were "supposedly out of the running".  Or was that just your assumption pretending to have a proper source ?

Journalist who is in contact with Hirst agent.
It doesn't take a genius to work out that we don't have a chance of signing Hirst (or anyone for that matter) when there is a better offer on the table.

2 weeks away from our first game and not a single striker. Absolutely disgraceful. They have had since January to put a plan together.
(14-07-2022, 02:02 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't take a genius to work out that we don't have a chance of signing Hirst (or anyone for that matter) when there is a better offer on the table.

2 weeks away from our first game and not a single striker. Absolutely disgraceful. They have had since January to put a plan together.

I agree, I don’t think he’s coming although very happy to be proved wrong.

I think we are at a point where it is pretty ridiculous now.  I  sure we will get 2 strikers in but timing is far from ideal.

All this hard work and planning DC goes on about comes down to what other clubs do, so what has he been doing?  Why not just say we’ll have to wait and see who is available.
(14-07-2022, 02:19 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-07-2022, 02:02 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't take a genius to work out that we don't have a chance of signing Hirst (or anyone for that matter) when there is a better offer on the table.

I agree, I don’t think he’s coming although very happy to be proved wrong.

I think we are at a point where it is pretty ridiculous now.  I  sure we will get 2 strikers in but timing is far from ideal.

All this hard work and planning DC goes on about comes down to what other clubs do, so what has he been doing?  Why not just say we’ll have to wait and see who is available.

Welcome to the dark Side g100 Wink

What really winds me up is that we don't have anyone up top. You can be patient and use a risky strategy when you have a plan B already in place. We have nothing. It was on a plate for them to sign Obrien and take some pressure off but they completely messed that up.
I’m not there yet!

The problem with AOB is that he would have been one of our top earners and we can’t blow the budget on plan b. We’d better off signing one of the trialists on a 1 year deal as plan b.

I don’t think think Hirst is all that. He’s had a good 5 months in his career.
Why would AOB have to be a plan B? With a proper pre season, could he not have been a part of plan A?
At the present moment the only way we will get some strikers is to buy a box of matches!
(14-07-2022, 02:54 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]I’m not there yet!

The problem with AOB is that he would have been one of our top earners and we can’t blow the budget on plan b. We’d better off signing one of the trialists on a 1 year deal as plan b.

I don’t think think Hirst is all that.  He’s had a good 5 months in his career.

Thing is, he developed his game to fit the system and was by far the most productive striker we have had for a while.  It would not be a risk to sign him.  Personally, I'd rather he was inside the tent, pissing out.
(14-07-2022, 03:16 PM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]Why would AOB have to be a plan B? With a proper pre season, could he not have been a part of plan A?

Because DC doesn’t see him as a starter.
maybe not last season when he arrived in Jan maybe not fit enough. So does that assessment stay with the bloke for ever?
(14-07-2022, 07:53 PM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]maybe not last season when he arrived in Jan maybe not fit enough. So does that assessment stay with the bloke for ever?

It seems as far as DC is concerned.
Pages: 1 2 3